If State Legislators/Governor Won't Enact Rent Control, Vote Them Out

Millions of homeless disagree. Regardless, you have to eat, and unless you are a farmer, inflation is raising your food costs along with your rent.
Food prices are small compared to rent. If anybody is spending over $1,000/mo on food, they better go on a diet.

Wouldn’t know, haven’t needed one since I was 30.

We all know, adulting is tough. So what did you waste your money on all those years?
Whatever I did or didn't do, soulless landlords should not be allowed to GOUGE renters for something that is a prime NECESSITY. No pride. No self-respect. The character of a wart hog, and it shows in the way you word your posts.

Whatever I did or didn't do, soulless landlords should not be allowed to GOUGE renters for something that is a prime NECESSITY. No pride. No self-respect. The character of a wart hog, and it shows in the way you word your posts.
If I had tenants like you, I’d charge a hell of a lot b

If I had tenants like you, I’d charge a hell of a lot b
You will anyway - that's just just the soulless lowlife you are.

Hey, you want me to teach you how to draw & paint like me ?
$100,00 per 1/2 hour. :biggrin:

You will anyway - that's just just the soulless lowlife you are.

Hey, you want me to teach you how to draw & paint like me ?
$100,00 per 1/2 hour. :biggrin:

I actually painted houses on the side for a few years while working full time. Also moved 16 times to keep moving up the ladder.

Invested in my home. Never felt like anyone owed me anything.

Never did, never will.

We've been through this topic before. However, that wasn't when I received a $96/month rent increase. For seniors, retired and barely surviving on Social Security and a pension, rent increases like $96/month (I just received one), are devastating & demoralizing.

Here we are looking for ways to increase our income, cut our costs, and along comes the dear landlord with a $96/month takeaway (less than a month advance notice).

This is like going put on the street and being mugged for $96, once a month, every month, ongoing.

People, stop crabbing about gas prices. Stop crabbing about food prices, clothing, cell phones. Those are all trivial compared to your MOST EXPENSIVE, CONSTANTLY ONGOING EXPENSE, which is HOUSING. Gas, food, et al stuff isn't going up $96/month.

You get a letter stuck in your door whining about "operational costs", and just like that, your annual operational budget is $1,152 less. Of course this letter doesn't specify what these so-called "operational costs" are, nor offer any proof that they even exist. For all we know this rent increase might be nothing more than somebody (who we never see, don't know their name) wanting more money to buy something like this >>
View attachment 928464
There is only one way to top this madness. Republicans & Democrats need to join together and enact rent control (with roll backs to 2015 levels). Over the last few years, I have seen housing rents skyrocket like nothing before in my lifetime. I moved twice to void massive rent increases, but they keep on coming, with nothing stopping them.

I recommend we call "our" state legislators & governors, and demand rent control laws, with no increases above $50/month allowed. If business owners cannot handle the costs associated with running their business, then stay out of that business. Don't be dumping costs on to the customers, especially for a commodity that people HAVE TO HAVE.
There is a Current thread about Business Owners (restaurants) and the General Right Wing Opinion was that the Owner has the right to make as much money as possible.
Comments like, Why do YOU have the right to tell the Owner how much he should pay his/her employees.

But now you want to control the Landlord and bitch about the landlord (a business owner) charging you higher rent than you wish.

Why are you not a homeowner?
Why are you renting?

Nobody is gouging anybody, jackwipe. They are charging the market rate. If you don't like it too fucking bad. You had, what, 50 years to save up and buy your own house? It's your fucking problem you didn't prepare. Maybe you should consider moving to a less expensive city instead of demanding the government step in and tell people what to do with their property, Commie.

Too late. My gallery has already been seen by multiple people in this thread (before the mods tore it down) and they praised it unanimously. :biggrin:

View attachment 928736

View attachment 928738

View attachment 928739
Too late for what? I respect art, but I could do what you do in the third grade, tbh. Sorry, but I’m just telling it like it is. Obviously, if you were making money, you wouldn’t be complaining about an extra hundred bucks a month in rent.
I drew this in 10th grade:
IMG_20140902_203759420.jpeg

Last edited:
It's your PROBLEM that you didn't work hard enough to own your own home.
Hell, my 31 year old daughter owns 2 homes.....with ZERO help from either Family.

We've been through this topic before. However, that wasn't when I received a $96/month rent increase. For seniors, retired and barely surviving on Social Security and a pension, rent increases like $96/month (I just received one), are devastating & demoralizing.

Here we are looking for ways to increase our income, cut our costs, and along comes the dear landlord with a $96/month takeaway (less than a month advance notice).

This is like going put on the street and being mugged for $96, once a month, every month, ongoing.

People, stop crabbing about gas prices. Stop crabbing about food prices, clothing, cell phones. Those are all trivial compared to your MOST EXPENSIVE, CONSTANTLY ONGOING EXPENSE, which is HOUSING. Gas, food, et al stuff isn't going up $96/month.

You get a letter stuck in your door whining about "operational costs", and just like that, your annual operational budget is $1,152 less. Of course this letter doesn't specify what these so-called "operational costs" are, nor offer any proof that they even exist. For all we know this rent increase might be nothing more than somebody (who we never see, don't know their name) wanting more money to buy something like this >>
View attachment 928464
There is only one way to top this madness. Republicans & Democrats need to join together and enact rent control (with roll backs to 2015 levels). Over the last few years, I have seen housing rents skyrocket like nothing before in my lifetime. I moved twice to void massive rent increases, but they keep on coming, with nothing stopping them.

I recommend we call "our" state legislators & governors, and demand rent control laws, with no increases above $50/month allowed. If business owners cannot handle the costs associated with running their business, then stay out of that business. Don't be dumping costs on to the customers, especially for a commodity that people HAVE TO HAVE.
I WILL NEVER VOTE FOR ANY POLITICIAN THAT FEELS THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO CONTROL THE FREE MARKET. Rent control is communism. If you think rents are too high, you are more than welcome to build your own rentals and rent them for what you think is fair rent. That is the free market. Apparently, there are plenty of people who are willing to pay the current rents or they would not have tenants. The land owner owes you no explanation of why he wishes to raise rents to whatever amount he desires. If you don't like it---move.

“Gouging” is a subjective opinion. If you think your rent is too high, move out and find a place that fits your budget.
In the same breath, Protectionist will tell you that he rents because all of the responsibilities and costs are born by the landlord. IOW, he figures the landlord has deep pockets just for him. Your post is spot on.

2 years ago and on this thread I showed you a link to make money online. Its not a lot but would suppliment your income enogh to pay the extra money.

I did it some for a few weeks off and on and made $130. If I did it full time would be more.

My real job takes too much time to do it a lot.

Forum List

Back