if the electric grid goes down does the natural gas grid go down?

Anyone actually know anything about this? Factually. Thanks.
You thinking about getting a Nat gas generator? Never have had gas problems when the power was out. Now if we are talking muti-state outages....may be different story.
I highly recommend it.

I love mine.

If my area was prone to power outages I'd definitely get one.
In the twelve years we've lived here the longest power outage was 2 hours during a hurricane.
Kansas man. Thunderstorms guarantee several power outages a year.

Our power lines are underground in my area.
It would take one hell of a storm to shut it down.
And with Texas having its own grid a storm somewhere else doesnt affect us.

Imagine if you owned the lowest house on the block & the sewage pumping stations went down & your house started filling up with poop :)
HMMMMM. I was an Eagle scout ! I can also build an Ark---
Bedroomview.jpg

I wonder if the Russians and Chinese haven't thought about this........knock out the grid in January, and invade in March.......
of course they have!
There is a big body of water in their way............called the Pacific Ocean........Can they swim it...........LOL
You realy wanna argue with me about life on the water? I spend 10 months of the year on it. Top dog on my boat. Wanna guess what my title is?
Captain Jack? ;)
If captain jack got stuck on the roof of the boat and he needed to steer the ship away from a sand bar, would you help captain jack off? LOL A little boat humor for you
One time when I was real stupid, well, a while back, I got a notion to call this bar around the corner and a woman answered the phone. I said a friend of mine was supposed to be there and I was to meet him but couldn't make it. I asked her if she could see if he was there and told her his name was Robert Meehoff. She lay the phone down I heard her yell, "Meehoff, Meehoff, call for Robert Meehoff!" She came back and said no one responded, so I said "Hmmm, I was sure he would be there. How about his brother jack", I asked? She lay the phone down and I heard her yell, "Jack me off, Jack me off!" Then a pause and she came back on the phone, 'F---you asshole!. lmao.

Imagine if you owned the lowest house on the block & the sewage pumping stations went down & your house started filling up with poop :)
HMMMMM. I was an Eagle scout ! I can also build an Ark---View attachment 297068
Remove your dang haze!

That's something a terrorist would ask. I'm forwarding your post to the FBI.
Fuck the FBI.

Remove your dang haze!

Fuck the FBI.

Fuck the FBI

Writes the terrorist.

Something startling, that I learned, from a friend who was in one of the areas affected by PG&E's wind shutdowns. She was boasting of how she and her husband managed to tap into their Tesla to provide power to their gas-powered water heater, so that they could have hot water.

It turns out that in California, it is now illegal for new appliances to have pilot lights. They have to have electrically-powered ignition systems.

Now, for something like a stovetop, you could still use a match to ignite one, if there was no power for the built-in electric igniter. But for some thermostatically-regulated devices, such as a furnace or a hot water heater, during an electric outage, you're out of luck.

That's odd. During an ice storm about 10 years ago, we lost the electric grid for about 12 hours. My gas fireplace worked fine to provide us with heat. We also ran out of water, so I brought water in from my pool and to flush my toilets.

Remove your dang haze!

Fuck the FBI.

Fuck the FBI

Writes the terrorist.
Ole mikey maybe alot of things but a terrorist aint one of them. He is just concerned about the safety of his family and preparing for the worst.

Remove your dang haze!

Fuck the FBI.

Fuck the FBI

Writes the terrorist.
Sez the faggot liar.

It turns out that in California, it is now illegal for new appliances to have pilot lights. They have to have electrically-powered ignition systems.
That's odd. During an ice storm about 10 years ago, we lost the electric grid for about 12 hours. My gas fireplace worked fine to provide us with heat. We also ran out of water, so I brought water in from my pool and to flush my toilets.

That's a fairly recent development, I gather. If you're talking about ten years ago, then your gas-fueled appliances probably had pilot lights, and were capable of working just fine without electrical power.

Something startling, that I learned, from a friend who was in one of the areas affected by PG&E's wind shutdowns. She was boasting of how she and her husband managed to tap into their Tesla to provide power to their gas-powered water heater, so that they could have hot water.

Now, for something like a stovetop, you could still use a match to ignite one, if there was no power for the built-in electric igniter. But for some thermostatically-regulated devices, such as a furnace or a hot water heater, during an electric outage, you're out of luck.

Unless the electric grid failure is widespread it won't take out the gas grid.

Forum List

Back