If Trump Carries Through on Threat to close ports of entry?

Well, in the presser that Trump is currently giving after meeting with the NATO leader, when asked about shutting down the border, he said that Mexico is starting to stop people at their southern border, and if that continues, he won't see any reason to shut down the border.

:21::21::21::21:

What a joke. Mexico is doing nothing different, who does he think he is kidding??

Well, in the presser that Trump is currently giving after meeting with the NATO leader, when asked about shutting down the border, he said that Mexico is starting to stop people at their southern border, and if that continues, he won't see any reason to shut down the border.

What a joke. Mexico is doing nothing different, who does he think he is kidding??

He's already laying down the lie that he's gonna use to explain why he didn't shut down the border. If you've paid attention to the conservatives on this board, many of them are eager to see him do it. So is his base.

He's already laying down the lie that he's gonna use to explain why he didn't shut down the border. If you've paid attention to the conservatives on this board, many of them are eager to see him do it. So is his base.

and when he does not, he will be the wisest man to ever walk the face of the earth

No need to give Tramp money for the wall. Mexico is paying for it, Tramp said so remember?
Yeah and the previous President said if you like your current healthcare plan and doctor you will be able to keep them remember?

Interesting, I did and in fact do not know anyone that weren't able to. But nice deflection, did Mexico send the loot?
Because you don’t know anyone who didn’t doesn’t mean none did. Not a deflection just pointing out all Presidents make promises they don’t keep nice to see the point went right over your head.

I agree with all you said in this post, except none of it went over my head!
The fact you seem so upset over Trump doing something every President before him has done and many of the current Democrats wanting to be the 2020 nominee are doing now see the promises for free healtcare and college suggest otherwise.

I want free health care and free college? Wow that is news to me. Please tell me more of what it is I want there Nostradumbass!

Here is an idea how about both parties stop playing the political games they have been playing for decades in regards to the border and do their dam job. They are all more interested in having the border as fucked up as possible so they can keep using it as a campaign issue give Trump the money he wants for the wall or whatever you want to call it in exchange for a pathway to citizenship for the dreamers both sides get something they want and you deal with two big problems.

No need to give Tramp money for the wall. Mexico is paying for it, Tramp said so remember?
Is that before or after they build a wall on the Guatemalan Mexican border

Does it matter?
Since they aren't going to do either one, no.

Well we can thank Pelosi and Schumer for this. Trump ran on the border and they block him every chance they can. If they cared about our security, this wouldn't happen.

They offered Trump the full amount for his wall back in Feb 2018, he turned it down. He is not an innocent bystander in this process.
The last deal he wanted just a little bit and they turned it down. Pelosi owns whatever happens.

And he wanted to give nothing in exchange, that is not the way negotiations work. Trump is just as guilty as Pelosi.
They said no way there will be money for the wall. They are playing politics with our security. Every murder that an illegal commits, they own. You cannot deny that.

Once again...They offered Trump the full amount for his wall back in Feb 2018, he turned it down. He is not an innocent bystander in this process.

This willingness by both sides to give their side a free pass is why the country is so fucked up.
Yes, he could have had all the money for his wall and he could have got changes in the immigration laws so he could open up concentration camps around the country and do mass deportations, bypassing the courts. However, he is such an inept politician he can't even get what wants when he has control congress.

They offered Trump the full amount for his wall back in Feb 2018, he turned it down. He is not an innocent bystander in this process.
The last deal he wanted just a little bit and they turned it down. Pelosi owns whatever happens.

And he wanted to give nothing in exchange, that is not the way negotiations work. Trump is just as guilty as Pelosi.
They said no way there will be money for the wall. They are playing politics with our security. Every murder that an illegal commits, they own. You cannot deny that.

Once again...They offered Trump the full amount for his wall back in Feb 2018, he turned it down. He is not an innocent bystander in this process.

This willingness by both sides to give their side a free pass is why the country is so fucked up.
Yes, he could have had all the money for his wall and he could have got changes in the immigration laws so he could open up concentration camps around the country and do mass deportations, bypassing the courts. However, he is such an inept politician he can't even get what wants when he has control congress.
It was the progressives who spouted to kill the white race. It was the progressives who spouted to kill the aging. It was the progressives who spouted to kill Christians. Ask Obama! So concentration camps are more to your liking.

I think this going to be just like North Korea. Trump's going announce he spoke to Obrador and he agreed to meet Trump's demands so he's proud to announce the border will stay open or will open. His supporters will go wild and Obrador will say what agreement? I didn't agree to anything.

I think this going to be just like North Korea. Trump's going announce he spoke to Obrador and he agreed to meet Trump's demands so he's proud to announce the border will stay open or will open. His supporters will go wild and Obrador will say what agreement? I didn't agree to anything.
If the cartels can't get their money back to Mexico and Columbia Obrador is dead and realizes that. The cartels cannot afford the loss of their US distribution network. They can get by without mules/human trafficking along the border. Guess what Obrador will do?

If the cartels can't get their money back to Mexico and Columbia Obrador is dead and realizes that. The cartels cannot afford the loss of their US distribution network. They can get by without mules/human trafficking along the border. Guess what Obrador will do?
When Trump says he will close the border he means close the border crossing and border ports of entry where over a million people and thousands of trucks carrying freight cross legally each day. Thousands of people seeking legal asylum and thousands of people urgently needing to cross the border will cross illegally through the 2000 miles of border.

The effect of the Trump border closing will be:
  • Millions of dollars in lost business revenue in both the US & Mexico
  • Thousands of people in the US and Mexico unable to return home.
  • More illegal immigrants in the US.

The American Illegal immigration problem can only be solved by Americans, not Mexico nor Central America. Trying to blame other countries for our inability to protect our borders makes us look weak and incompetent.

American citizens are fine, you can't stop a American citizen from entry.
From a legal standpoint you're correct. From practical standpoint you're wrong. If we only allow Americans to cross the border, Mexico will only allow Mexicans to cross the border which means nobody crosses.

American citizens are fine, you can't stop a American citizen from entry.
From a legal standpoint you're correct. From practical standpoint you're wrong. If we only allow Americans to cross the border, Mexico will only allow Mexicans to cross the border which means nobody crosses.

I'll be flying into TJ, so not my problem. My better half's parents built a home in Baja, so if wanna go down and sit on the balcony by the oceanside for a few weeks, I'm going, screw Trump. My passport is valid and up to date.

f the yreally wanted to solve the problem they'd cut off the welfare magnet which draws them here as well as prosecute or assassinate whomever it is who is funding an occupation attempt.

The President is right. The Mexican President has said he will "bring order" to the migration, but Trump is still pressuring him to bring results by redeploying border agents from the ports of entry to process illegals, dramatically slowing down trucks from Mexico.

Truckers gridlocked at U.S.-Mexico line as border agents moved | Reuters

This leftist support of the invasion is the cause of de facto closure of the southern border.

Forum List

Back