🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If Trump does not get the 1237 and win on the first ballot....

If Ted Cruz wins the GOP nomination on the second or third ballot, will Trump run Third Party?

• Yes, he will.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • No, I won't.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • He will threaten to, but then back off.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • He will threaten to sue.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Too early to tell.

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Who cares...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
I think Trump will feel cheated. He is already setting up his independent run by asserting that Ted is using Gestapo tactics to gain delegates. It is almost a certainty that Trump will not have the 1237 delegates needed for the GOP nomination. He dislikes Ted Cruz so much, I see him running Third Party just to gain his perceived revenge.

it is hard to see a victory lap any way it goes for the pugs ... Trump undoubtedly will dislike Paul Ryan as much as Cruz if he is not the nominee and work to see either fail.

it is hard to see a victory lap any way it goes for the pugs ... Trump undoubtedly will dislike Paul Ryan as much as Cruz if he is not the nominee and work to see either fail.

I agree. I just do not see Trump walking away after dedicating so many months at winning something. He is vindictive and, if it is Ted, will see to it that "Lying Ted" is never President.

I think Trump will run third party even if he does win the GOP nomination.

That statement has a great deal of truth to it.

But please don't tell the RW Lunatics that want Donald to have his finger on the nuclear weapons button. Just want we need...a 70 year old spoiled rich kid in charge of the largest nuclear arsenal in the world. MOVE OVER KIM, DONALD IS COMING! You two should be happy together.

I'm not sure.

I really do think Trump ran to troll the Republican Party, and is surprised that his obnoxious statements are resonating with so many of the inbred idiots in Jesus-Land who take him seriously.

But now with insulting the wives getting involved, i think it's become personal between him and Cruz.

I also think the GOP would rather Lose with Cruz than Win with Trump. Losing an election isn't that big of a deal to the Establishment. They'll still control the HOuse and the majority of the governorships. they might even retain the Senate, but if they don't, they'll get it back in 2018 because there will be some 25 Democratic seats up that cycle.

Also, a Cruz nomination followed by a Cruz loss would finally defang the stupid Conservative Refrain of "If you only nominated a REAL conservative, we'd win." Then the GOP can work on fixing the party's relationships with women, minorities and moderates.

Trump's campaign is complaining about 'Gestapo' tactics while at the same time Trump is going around telling everyone how as president he'll expand the use of torture?

That's a beauty.

He will threaten, but like most of his threats it won't happen. If he was going to follow through heid be preparing to get his name on the ballot as a third party already

BTW I think Bernie would be more likely to go third party when Hillary steals it from him, which she will.

And he can just slide into the Communist parties apparatus no prob

Trump's campaign is complaining about 'Gestapo' tactics while at the same time Trump is going around telling everyone how as president he'll expand the use of torture?

That's a beauty.
It was the convention manager that said it, but I know details hurt your brain. Waterboarding didn't meet the legal definition of torture and it was not widely used. It's a non issue for me.

I do think Trump will run as a third party and probably should. It's a corrupt system and maybe they need a wake up call. People should be picking candidates, not a selected few. Same with the dems.

That's a beauty.
It was the convention manager that said it, but I know details hurt your brain.

That would be why I said the 'Trump campaign' instead of 'Trump', genius.

That's a beauty.
It was the convention manager that said it, but I know details hurt your brain.

That would be why I said the 'Trump campaign' instead of 'Trump', genius.
That would be why you were wrong and why I corrected your dumb ass.

I think if Trumps is near 1237 and nobody else is even close, he will feel cheated

What it does is create a situation where 3 or 4 candidates run in all the primaries and nobody can reach 50%. Then the RNC just picks who they want. Why even have primaries then?

I think Trump has made it clear he will go third party

Trump's campaign is complaining about 'Gestapo' tactics while at the same time Trump is going around telling everyone how as president he'll expand the use of torture? That's a beauty.
It was the convention manager that said it, but I know details hurt your brain. Waterboarding didn't meet the legal definition of torture and it was not widely used. It's a non issue for me. I do think Trump will run as a third party and probably should. It's a corrupt system and maybe they need a wake up call. People should be picking candidates, not a selected few. Same with the dems.
If waterboarding doesn't meet the the legal definition of torture, THAT'S corrupt. It certainly meets the physiological definition of torture. Legal fictions are an issue for me.

I think Trump will run third party even if he does win the GOP nomination.

That statement has a great deal of truth to it.

But please don't tell the RW Lunatics that want Donald to have his finger on the nuclear weapons button. Just want we need...a 70 year old spoiled rich kid in charge of the largest nuclear arsenal in the world. MOVE OVER KIM, DONALD IS COMING! You two should be happy together.
And Truman was what political party?

Trump's campaign is complaining about 'Gestapo' tactics while at the same time Trump is going around telling everyone how as president he'll expand the use of torture? That's a beauty.
It was the convention manager that said it, but I know details hurt your brain. Waterboarding didn't meet the legal definition of torture and it was not widely used. It's a non issue for me. I do think Trump will run as a third party and probably should. It's a corrupt system and maybe they need a wake up call. People should be picking candidates, not a selected few. Same with the dems.
If waterboarding doesn't meet the the legal definition of torture, THAT'S corrupt. It certainly meets the physiological definition of torture. Legal fictions are an issue for me.
Except that Navy SEALS are trained with it and under the USMJ torture is not allowed. So there is that.

Except that Navy SEALS are trained with it and under the USMJ torture is not allowed. So there is that.

They are no longer trained with it

Waterboarding is considered as torture throughout the civilized world

In that situation Trump will run as a third party only if he wants his money back. So far he has loaned money to his campaign, if he runs and takes funding he can use it to pay himself back.

Forum List

Back