If walls won't work...why do so many secure places have walls???

USA should stop this free flowing....eternal Welfare to illegals crossing the border

and to the Chinese women who come to have children here and get a lifetime of American taxpayers paying for them...

and ...to all those who want money for nothing....

what's this? The American Lotto?

Sick!

How will a wall stop them? Inquiring minds want to know.

Canada with that liberal elected piece of

person

is even worse than the US..

what a continent my God!

Walls do work well..under certain situations. They are great for guarding relatively small compounds (which is why pretty much all compounds are guarded by walls when they need to be secure). America, on the other hand, is far from being a small compound. Building a better wall will increase security...but not by much, and especially not in comparison to the cost it would take to build and maintain it. Changing our national policies regarding our borders or increasing the manned security of those borders are FAR greater answers than building a wall that will do almost nothing.

It's more about a psychological Wall (physical too of course)

It's there

to tell the beggars

you are not wanted here.
No, its there to keep those who want to kill us, out.
That would make more sense if something like that worked. As is, it won't, unless you are actually volunteering to quit your job, move to Texas and man the wall yourself. Oh, and by the way, also volunteering hundreds of thousands of other Americans to do the same.

Again, the cost does not justify it. Just building a wall won't really stop anything. If you want to actually make the border secure than that would cost more resources than any reasonable American is willing to give up. The only ACTUAL solution is to look to change our policies regarding both immigration and drug control.
oh bullshit. Walls do work. Lets put mexicans to work building it. Give them a piece of land on the border and a rifle and let them build and defend it themselves. NOBODY will get through.

It wouldn't just be a stack of bricks, it would be more like a fortress. A road on top for border patrol vehicles, a deep footing with sensors to detect any attempts to tunnel under. Mobile guards along the top patrolling. A ladder wouldn't be much good as there would be a buffer zone and motion detectors all along the wall. With all our high tech capabilities we could make it 100% effective.

oh bullshit. Walls do work. Lets put mexicans to work building it. Give them a piece of land on the border and a rifle and let them build and defend it themselves. NOBODY will get through.

The Sinaloa cartel will set up snipers inside Mexico and take out the crane operator...

It wouldn't just be a stack of bricks, it would be more like a fortress. A road on top for border patrol vehicles, a deep footing with sensors to detect any attempts to tunnel under. Mobile guards along the top patrolling. A ladder wouldn't be much good as there would be a buffer zone and motion detectors all along the wall. With all our high tech capabilities we could make it 100% effective.
The Sinaloa cartel will drop mortars on it...

Yes..it's a wall in the physique like I have been saying here...inside and outside

Do not come ....do not dare

Go back to your civilization and all that! Yes!

how did those MEN with a dream for a trancontinental railroad get their rail road building supplies delivered to them Pogo ?? :afro:

Exactly right.

We can build a transcontinental railroad in the 1800s.
We can build the god damn hoover dam (no pun!)
We built a space station and are heading to Mars.
We have 8,000 man nuclear aircraft carriers that can sail 20 years without refueling
Libs say we can build high speed, low energy rail all across the nation
We built an Internet capable of allowing instant face to face communication on a 6 inch phone from China to Florida

BUT WE CAN'T BUILD A FUCKING BRICK WALL IN THE TEXAS DESERT FOLKS. Just can't do it.

Calm down Buc you might get a stroke. Nobody said that we cannot build a golden wall. Sure we can build a wall.
However IMHO and IME........ I don't think the wall is necessary. Why I said that?
Our borders are far more secure than what people think. It's a lot harder to cross these borders illegally compared in last 3 or 4 years. Numbers of illegal crossings are way way down the lowest in 20 years. Number of illegal apprehension is up. We doubled the number of BP agents and we are still hiring more BP. We invested billions in new technology.
As I previously posted its very easy to breach the wall.

Fewer immigrants are entering the U.S. illegally, and that’s changed the border security debate
------------------------------------------------- BS Charwin , of course any crossing illegal is reason for the wall and wall breachers will need to be hunted down and destroyed Charwin !!

The estimate to build the wall is between 15 to 25 billions. Excluding maintenance....... So if 300 illegals get thru our border each year. Is that a good justification to build the wall? People like you, Bucs and other Trump sympathizers the answer is YES.......
Then, how about the thousands and thousands of tourist that violates their visas each year? How about the H1 and H2 people that violates their visas?
-------------------------------------- B.S. , my estimate says about 10 - 11 billion , you seem to think that if you post something then it is automatically true . No matter though , if it were to cost 25 billion that's ok with me Charwin . Build the wall , Go Trump !!

The Sinaloa cartel will drop mortars on it...
-------------------------------- good , with a President Trump I don't think that that war would be to mexicos advantage Tyrone .

More than anything, the wall is symbolic

-Geaux

c07d9b4e-d8ab-4091-a3cb-ced38b87f0c4.jpg
If it's symbolic, then why has Trump released a plan to force Mexico to pay for it.

Insult to injury. They should pay for it

-Geaux
Mexico should pay for a wall to keep their people out of the US because the US is incapable of securing their boarders so they're asking Mexico to do it. Talk about stupid.

You're almost correct

We're capable, but making them do it.

We aren't asking

We're telling/demanding

-Geaux
Demanding? Did you see the Trump plan to blackmail Mexico into paying for the wall? He plans to stop illegal immigrants, the ones he's supposedly deporting, from wiring money home to Mexico. He plans to do this by monitoring all money being wired to Mexico by unidentified illegal immigrants . Has the man not considered that Mexicans will just put cash in envelope and mail it as most of them do now. I guess Trump thinks all of us are as dumb as his supporters.

"He plans to do this by monitoring all money being wired to Mexico by unidentified illegal immigrants."

Which itself is idiocy

I'm not against the wall but I don't see it doing much good. I think enforcing existing laws should be the top priority.

-Geaux

If it's symbolic, then why has Trump released a plan to force Mexico to pay for it.

-Geaux
Mexico should pay for a wall to keep their people out of the US because the US is incapable of securing their boarders so they're asking Mexico to do it. Talk about stupid.

You're almost correct

We aren't asking

We're telling/demanding

-Geaux
Demanding? Did you see the Trump plan to blackmail Mexico into paying for the wall? He plans to stop illegal immigrants, the ones he's supposedly deporting, from wiring money home to Mexico. He plans to do this by monitoring all money being wired to Mexico by unidentified illegal immigrants . Has the man not considered that Mexicans will just put cash in envelope and mail it as most of them do now. I guess Trump thinks all of us are as dumb as his supporters.
"He plans to do this by monitoring all money being wired to Mexico by unidentified illegal immigrants."

Which itself is idiocy
And Obama's comment was "Good luck with that,"

Yep, and I just pointed one out. Thanks for your acute powers of observation.
You are welcome. God knows someone has to keep you strait..

Hey, feel free to demonstrate how a wall around an air force base in Charleston South Carolina is somehow the same thing as 2000 miles of wall along river embankments delivered on roads that don't exist that nobody's paying for that costs 25 bil just to put up.

Be the first to essplain that. :popcorn:

And here's a tip: read what's already gone down in the thread before painting yourself into a corner.
touché pogo. However, he was talking about success rate, no? They obviously work, so why wouldn't a bigger and better wall, not work on the southern border?
I don't support a wall BTW. I wouldn't turn down a free one though lol

I don't know that he was talking about success rates; I do know he was talking apples and orange candidates um, I mean oranges. That he was comparing things that cannot in any way be compared as realities on the sole basis that the same English noun can apply to both. That would be like me claiming the hill in my back yard is the same thing as Mount Mitchell.

If the world worked in such a way that the tooth-fairy buyers seem to think, where Mexico just ups and builds a 25 billion dollar wall because some orange clown hath decreed it, then we'd have a "free" wall. We'd also have money trees and pizza trees and rainbows and unicorns and your house would be made of delicious chocolate with a chewy caramel center. Wanna buy a bridge?

No. I'm comparing smaller walls meant to keep humans out. And said if smaller walls work....why wouldn't a bigger one??

If it's apples to oranges....then the bigger wall would face a bigger opponent. Like Godzilla. But it doesnt.

The wall gets MUCH bigger. But the human intruders it is meant to stop STAY the same size.

So....if a small wall works...why won't a big one??

Private property isn't an issue: Eminent domain.

Landscape isn't. If ancient China did it....we sure as hell can.

You libs are so full of fucking excuse.

You all think we can built coast to coast high tech high speed low energy rail systems.....but we can't build a fucking brick wall in the desert???

"Brick"?

You're gonna build a two thousand mile wall out of brick, are ya?
rofl.gif

You should team up with the assclown who thinks you just turn the Golden Gate bridge on its side.

I'm gonna go way out on a limb and hazard a guess that you've never worked construction.

-Geaux

-Geaux

You're almost correct

We aren't asking

We're telling/demanding

-Geaux

No, they don't do that because the Mexican postal system is corrupt. No one would send anything valuable to Mexico through the mail.

Forum List

Back