If walls won't work...why do so many secure places have walls???

Folks....I had to take a drive out towards the north part of town today and passed by the Charleston Air Force Base. It had walls all around it. So does the Charleston jail.

I jog our beautiful downtown bridge often and it overlooks historic Charleston harbor. The harbor the real pirate Blackbeard blockaded. And it contains Fort Sumter....massive island fort in the middle of the harbor. Huge walls.

Can't help but wonder.....why do places that want to be secure almost all have walls? And why do liberals oppose America having walls?

Small potatoes. I like the idea of land mines better.

Try actually reading the post or actually watching the video Pismoe. Nowhere does either one of us say it "can't" be done; the point is what it takes to do it in ---- and this is the important part --- THE WORLD OF REALITY. As opposed to the WWE fantasy comic book that Rumpbots seem to live in.

Absolute minimum 25 billion, without including maintenance, which doubles that figure within seven years. Empty your pockets. And this for a symbolic campaign pander that doesn't even address the issue anyway. Good thinkin'.
---------------------------------------------------- here you go Pogo , --- What it would take to build Trump's border wall - CNN Video ---

Here you go pismoe ..............The wall in your link is only 20 feet high...............I hope you realize that it's not difficult to make 25 feet ladder. And you don't even need to build a sophisticated tunnel anymore.

Shoot the first couple of people using a 25 foot ladder, you'll disincentivize the rest from trying that.

Maybe you can move to North Korea.

Why?
We do not shoot people in our borders. Only North Korea murder anybody that crosses their border illegally. We are NOT in the business of murdering people.

Folks....I had to take a drive out towards the north part of town today and passed by the Charleston Air Force Base. It had walls all around it. So does the Charleston jail.

I jog our beautiful downtown bridge often and it overlooks historic Charleston harbor. The harbor the real pirate Blackbeard blockaded. And it contains Fort Sumter....massive island fort in the middle of the harbor. Huge walls.

Can't help but wonder.....why do places that want to be secure almost all have walls? And why do liberals oppose America having walls?
We don't need a wall we just need to get our army patrol it. While we are not at war we have soldiers sitting around doing nothing. Have them patrol our border. No brainer.

The other day I called an army base. The soldier transferred me to another soldier who then transferred me to another soldier who then transferred me to the right person. There's 2 people who could be doing other things.

When soldiers aren't at war they're sitting around bored

No they are not.

Are you a veteran?

Sounds like you have misperceptions

-Geaux
When we bring them back home they go back to sitting around. Im sure everyone has a role job or chore or task but come on they're bored a lot.

Not all of you. I've heard some guys with very interesting jobs but a lot of people are sitting on a base at a desk waiting for a phone to ring and playing on their cell phone.

Anyways, have them patrol the wall. Fuck the middle East.

Never served but I've beat up a couple Marines in my day does that count for anything? They were fair fights. Just young guys with a lot of testosterone. I respect soldiers. I'm just assuming great bordom when we aren't at war. I'm talking about the troops we brought home

We don't need a wall we just need to get our army patrol it. While we are not at war we have soldiers sitting around doing nothing. Have them patrol our border. No brainer.

The other day I called an army base. The soldier transferred me to another soldier who then transferred me to another soldier who then transferred me to the right person. There's 2 people who could be doing other things.

No they are not.

Are you a veteran?

-Geaux
When we bring them back home they go back to sitting around. Im sure everyone has a role job or chore or task but come on they're bored a lot.

Not all of you. I've heard some guys with very interesting jobs but a lot of people are sitting on a base at a desk waiting for a phone to ring and playing on their cell phone.

Never served but I've beat up a couple Marines in my day does that count for anything? They were fair fights. Just young guys with a lot of testosterone. I respect soldiers. I'm just assuming great bordom when we aren't at war. I'm talking about the troops we brought home

OK- You do know the rule of thumb relative to assumptions, right?

-Geaux

We don't even need soldiers. They are hiring more BP. Actually most of the applicants are former cops or soldiers.
I bet border patrol agents cost more than soldiers.

Have they privatized border patrol yet? I bet that's what trump wants. The contract to build the wall

No they are not.

Are you a veteran?

-Geaux

They train..........they upkeep their equipment...........and revisit their loved ones, wives and children............after being in a combat zone for a year or more.............

They deserve some boring times..............Hardly believe they are bored if they have been away from their wives for that long............

We need to up the numbers of border agents................and let them do that job............GIve the guys a freaking break........they deserve it.

We don't even need soldiers. They are hiring more BP. Actually most of the applicants are former cops or soldiers.

:link:

I will only give you a small portion of the link. I'm not going to research for you. Actually this is a general knowledge. ICE prefer former cops or veterans because they save them a lot of time such as training, fire arms, harsh environment etc.

Any All Sources announcement is open to the public. Any qualified applicant that meets the job qualifications and requirements may apply. A preference, eligible veteran applying under an All Sources announcement would be entitled to Veterans’ Preference. This includes extra points assigned to the rating based on the type of veterans’ preference.

USA should stop this free flowing....eternal Welfare to illegals crossing the border

and to the Chinese women who come to have children here and get a lifetime of American taxpayers paying for them...

and ...to all those who want money for nothing....

what's this? The American Lotto?

Sick!

No they are not.

Are you a veteran?

-Geaux

They train..........they upkeep their equipment...........and revisit their loved ones, wives and children............after being in a combat zone for a year or more.............

They deserve some boring times..............Hardly believe they are bored if they have been away from their wives for that long............

We need to up the numbers of border agents................and let them do that job............GIve the guys a freaking break........they deserve it.
Im talking about of instead of going back overseas, when they are ready, our military should patrol our borders. What more important thing could they be doing?

:link:

I will only give you a small portion of the link. I'm not going to research for you. Actually this is a general knowledge. ICE prefer former cops or veterans because they save them a lot of time such as training, fire arms, harsh environment etc.

Any All Sources announcement is open to the public. Any qualified applicant that meets the job qualifications and requirements may apply. A preference, eligible veteran applying under an All Sources announcement would be entitled to Veterans’ Preference. This includes extra points assigned to the rating based on the type of veterans’ preference.

That is because it is a Civil Service position. All positions within DoD OPM have a veterans preference, not just BP. That is why civil service was created in the first place. Jobs for veterans returning from war

-Geaux

Walls do work well..under certain situations. They are great for guarding relatively small compounds (which is why pretty much all compounds are guarded by walls when they need to be secure). America, on the other hand, is far from being a small compound. Building a better wall will increase security...but not by much, and especially not in comparison to the cost it would take to build and maintain it. Changing our national policies regarding our borders or increasing the manned security of those borders are FAR greater answers than building a wall that will do almost nothing.

Edit: Put it this way...there is a large DMZ between North and South Korea that does have walls, security, and the works in order to guard the border between the two countries...and it is SUPER effective. However, military service is mandatory in South Korea for all citizens, and they dump a ton of resources and cash into maintaining the security of the border which consists of far more than just a wall. If you really want to "secure the border" you have to sacrifice a lot more than what pretty much any American is reasonably wanting to give up in order to do so. The best answer is to rework our national policies (regarding both immigration and drugs) in addition to trying to beat out the corruption that saturates the personnel manning our Southern border.

Last edited:
Walls do work well..under certain situations. They are great for guarding relatively small compounds (which is why pretty much all compounds are guarded by walls when they need to be secure). America, on the other hand, is far from being a small compound. Building a better wall will increase security...but not by much, and especially not in comparison to the cost it would take to build and maintain it. Changing our national policies regarding our borders or increasing the manned security of those borders are FAR greater answers than building a wall that will do almost nothing.

It's more about a psychological Wall (physical too of course)

It's there

to tell the beggars

you are not wanted here.

---------------------------------------------------- here you go Pogo , --- What it would take to build Trump's border wall - CNN Video ---

Here you go pismoe ..............The wall in your link is only 20 feet high...............I hope you realize that it's not difficult to make 25 feet ladder. And you don't even need to build a sophisticated tunnel anymore.

Shoot the first couple of people using a 25 foot ladder, you'll disincentivize the rest from trying that.

Why?
We do not shoot people in our borders. Only North Korea murder anybody that crosses their border illegally. We are NOT in the business of murdering people.

We do not shoot people in our borders

I wonder if that would change if some OTM committed a terror attack on US soil?

how did those MEN with a dream for a trancontinental railroad get their rail road building supplies delivered to them Pogo ?? :afro:

Exactly right.

We can build a transcontinental railroad in the 1800s.
We can build the god damn hoover dam (no pun!)
We built a space station and are heading to Mars.
We have 8,000 man nuclear aircraft carriers that can sail 20 years without refueling
Libs say we can build high speed, low energy rail all across the nation
We built an Internet capable of allowing instant face to face communication on a 6 inch phone from China to Florida

BUT WE CAN'T BUILD A FUCKING BRICK WALL IN THE TEXAS DESERT FOLKS. Just can't do it.

Calm down Buc you might get a stroke. Nobody said that we cannot build a golden wall. Sure we can build a wall.
However IMHO and IME........ I don't think the wall is necessary. Why I said that?
Our borders are far more secure than what people think. It's a lot harder to cross these borders illegally compared in last 3 or 4 years. Numbers of illegal crossings are way way down the lowest in 20 years. Number of illegal apprehension is up. We doubled the number of BP agents and we are still hiring more BP. We invested billions in new technology.
As I previously posted its very easy to breach the wall.

Fewer immigrants are entering the U.S. illegally, and that’s changed the border security debate
------------------------------------------------- BS Charwin , of course any crossing illegal is reason for the wall and wall breachers will need to be hunted down and destroyed Charwin !!

The estimate to build the wall is between 15 to 25 billions. Excluding maintenance....... So if 300 illegals get thru our border each year. Is that a good justification to build the wall? People like you, Bucs and other Trump sympathizers the answer is YES.......
Then, how about the thousands and thousands of tourist that violates their visas each year? How about the H1 and H2 people that violates their visas?

It's there

to tell the beggars

you are not wanted here.
No, its there to keep those who want to kill us, out.

It's there

to tell the beggars

you are not wanted here.

That too.

Yes Ma'am

Why?

How do you know if they are terrorists to begin with when entering the border illegally? Why even take the hard way when they can enter very easily at Canadian border or take a plane.

Why?

How do you know if they are terrorists to begin with when entering the border illegally? Why even take the hard way when they can enter very easily at Canadian border or take a plane.
canada doesn't let those fucks into their country.

It's there

to tell the beggars

you are not wanted here.
That would make more sense if something like that worked. As is, it won't, unless you are actually volunteering to quit your job, move to Texas and man the wall yourself. Oh, and by the way, also volunteering hundreds of thousands of other Americans to do the same.

Again, the cost does not justify it. Just building a wall won't really stop anything. If you want to actually make the border secure than that would cost more resources than any reasonable American is willing to give up. The only ACTUAL solution is to look to change our policies regarding both immigration and drug control.

Why?

How do you know if they are terrorists to begin with when entering the border illegally?

Who says you would? How do you prevent terrorists from entering if the border is wide open?

Why even take the hard way when they can enter very easily at Canadian border or take a plane?

Why deal with some scrutiny when you can enter with none?

Forum List

Back