🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If we have a shutdown, it will be because Reid 'holds the American people hostage

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Ted Cruz: If we have a shutdown, it will be because Harry Reid 'holds the American people hostage'

With a possible government shutdown looming, Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz tried to place the blame on squarely on Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid for refusing to compromise on the Affordable Care Act, President Barack Obama’s signature health care law.

"So far, [Reid] has essentially told the House of Representatives and the American people, 'Go jump in a lake,'" Cruz said on "Meet The Press" on NBC. "He said, 'I'm not willing to compromise, I'm not willing to even talk,' His position is 100 percent of Obamacare must be funded in all instances, and, other than that, he's going to shut the government down. I hope he doesn't do that. If Harry Reid forces a government shutdown, that will be a mistake. I hope he backs away from that ledge that he's pushing us towards, but that is his position."

Ted Cruz: If we have a shutdown, it will be because Harry Reid 'holds the American people hostage'

my respect for cruz is growing...

With a possible government shutdown looming, Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz tried to place the blame on squarely on Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid for refusing to compromise on the Affordable Care Act, President Barack Obama’s signature health care law.

"So far, [Reid] has essentially told the House of Representatives and the American people, 'Go jump in a lake,'" Cruz said on "Meet The Press" on NBC. "He said, 'I'm not willing to compromise, I'm not willing to even talk,' His position is 100 percent of Obamacare must be funded in all instances, and, other than that, he's going to shut the government down. I hope he doesn't do that. If Harry Reid forces a government shutdown, that will be a mistake. I hope he backs away from that ledge that he's pushing us towards, but that is his position."

Mine as well...He is dead on accurate.

Nobody believes this garbage. Not even you extremist teabaggers belaieve it but you continue to say it over and over as if doing so will make it true.

Stop. :cuckoo:

hilarious, you keep blaming the republicans over and over, therefore, using your logic you must not believe it

:lol:

why u so dumb sarah?

It's such a relief to hear conservatives like Cruz, Paul and others lay out a clear and concise position on an issue without rancor or sniping and hold their own with the enemy aka the left wing media.

Nobody believes this garbage. Not even you extremist teabaggers belaieve it but you continue to say it over and over as if doing so will make it true.

Teabaggers = The people...WHY are YOU so damned stupid?

reid won't compromise one bit, cruz is correct, reid is the hostage taker here, but liberals are too stupid to see it

It's such a relief to hear conservatives like Cruz, Paul and others lay out a clear and concise position on an issue without rancor or sniping and hold their own with the enemy aka the left wing media.
And standing up and proclaiming it. These people are the new SPINE for the GOP...The old guard Repubes can't stand to be upstaged...McCain? Grahamnesty, McConnell? OLD GUARD Jellyfish...

Seriously, what are you talking about?

Has Obama not said "I won't negotiate"? Has Reid not said "No compromise"?

Republicans were not sent to Washington to obey Obama or Reid but to fulfill their election promises to their voters.

Republicans were not sent to Washington to obey Obama or Reid but to fulfill their election promises to their voters.

Yep. Sara can't help it. Mind over matter...Sarah doesn't mind Obama has a leash on her...so it doesn't matter...

cruz and other republicans want to negotiate in order to avoid a shut down....democrats and obama don't want to negotiate at all

but liberals blindly blame republicans because their masters said so

Let it ride, Sarah. These idiots don't realize that Cruz has lit a match to the Republican party and they have been personally invited to watch it burn. Just let it ride, and....get the popcorn.

Let it ride, Sarah. These idiots don't realize that Cruz has lit a match to the Republican party and they have been personally invited to watch it burn. Just let it ride, and....get the popcorn.

:lol:

And they're not doing that, either. They are insuring they won't be primaried in the next election. Get your head out of your avatar's ass and wake up.

The fag Harry was bitching about Cruz taking so much time away from the process...so now the asshole takes the weekend off..typical hypocritical progtard.

reid won't compromise one bit, cruz is correct, reid is the hostage taker here, but liberals are too stupid to see it
But REID has to put on the persona of tough guy for the people so the "SMELLY TOURISTS" don't notice his stench...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-YvpwuT14E&list=PLB4F6FBD0BBB4CA56"]The Top Ten Gaffes of Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back