Zone1 If we worship One God...

Its a ridiculous and very weird ritual. It deserves to be made fun of.
Just like how the Brahmins crawl on top of leftovers. Or how the Jews move chickens around their head and think they are transferring their sins to it.
How do you worship?

I dont. I am agnostic.
How does that qualify one as a judge of worship? People of faith believe that when it comes to worship, God judges what is in the heart. What is the better way of judging worship?

Yes, all faith systems are true and every system of belief is as good as all of the others.
The focus is on worship. Do people of faith worship God? i.e., Are we servants of God?

The only type of service/form of worship to which I strenuously object is the LDS practice of re-baptizing those who have passed on into the Mormon faith. This is spitting on other's holy ground.

But as far as the rest, I like the way Paul puts it that in this life we are seeing through a dark glass. St. John of the Cross put it like this, which was put into a hymn.

Holy darkness, blessed night
Heaven's answers hidden from our sight
As we await you O' God of silence
We embrace your holy night.

God knows we are seeing through a dark glass, and most people of faith are doing their best. What we think we see may not be the reality, but it's a place from which to start. Embrace the holy night and be content with not yet knowing.

Why do you want to silence people's right to promote the truth as they understand it?

She's not cut out for doctrinal discussion because much of her doctrine comes from the Pope rather than from God. Praying, for example, is a form of worship. She believes it's fine to pray to dead people rather than to the eternal creator, God the Father.

Yes. You want to deny people the right to publicly disagree with your opinions regarding God
Reread your OP if you now deny it

Meriweather is too indoctrinated and too proud to consider and acknowledge that her understanding isn't infallible. She doesn't want anyone expressing a doctrinal view that might cast a shadow of doubt on what she believes. In other words, she doesn't want to hear it.

And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men
I think her heart is in the right place and I believe that is what matters most. None of us have a perfect understanding of God's word. One doesn't need to be a theologian to be a good and faithful follower of Jesus.

Forum List

Back