If you could go back and change one thing in your life what would it be?

LadyGunSlinger

Conservative Babe
Feb 6, 2011
I'll start. I would have never dated anyone seriously in High School & college and would have remained single spending more time with my bff's just hanging out.

Cant do it. Much I'd like to change, but, changing any of it takes my wife and son out of the present picture.

Pretty much what I was thinking.

But I do regret not giving my son a couple of siblings.

But all in all, I would not change the dance.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diC8JUlA5u4]Garth Brooks - "The Dance" - LIVE, 1992 - YouTube[/ame]

Cant do it. Much I'd like to change, but, changing any of it takes my wife and son out of the present picture.

I totally get what you're saying. I have a daughter, single mom.. but putting that aside let's say for this thread's sake- those children would be born to you regardless, is there anything you would go back and change?

I would have gone to Law School right after college.

And there is a particular girl I met in my first year of college. I would have done it all differently. Totally. I reconnected with her a year ago. Had not seen her in almost 30 years.

Last edited:
I would have pursued an education in a lucrative field and not pinned my hopes on a man to give me security.

Close behind that is...I would have never smoked.

I would have finished college ten years earlier and started the job and lifestyle I have now 25 years earlier.

Last edited:
What might have turned out differently? Sometime I think that nothing would have, in the sense that I would have made mistakes/ bad decisions similar to the ones that I did make, I just would have made them with different people under somewhat different circumstances.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

If you could go back and change one thing in your life what would it be?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5apGsTKaHA]I Wish I was a Baller - YouTube[/ame]

I made some good decisions early on that have served me well throughout my life but it's because I learned things through years of abuse that I didn't want to repeat in my own adult life.

I used to say if I could go back I would choose different parents, but that would be unfair to my Dad who I didn't get to see until I was an adult. Now I just say that I would choose a different mother.

But on the other hand, would my life have taken a different course in that I would have not married my first husband and had the same wonderful children I have? It's probably best that I had the life that I have had and learn from the bad times, even though I paid a very high price. My choices made me who I am today.

I'll start. I would have never dated anyone seriously in High School & college and would have remained single spending more time with my bff's just hanging out.

I would not have married my starter hubby as soon as I did......:crybaby:

Starter husband?

That's a new one to me.

I figure getting married is like buying a car. Wait till you can afford the one you like, take care of it to the best of your ability, and take it for long trips periodically. And never mistreat it or it will break down on you.

Starter husband?

That's a new one to me.

I figure getting married is like buying a car. Wait till you can afford the one you like, take care of it to the best of your ability, and take it for long trips periodically. And never mistreat it or it will break down on you.

Fair analogy.

One doesn't always have the wisdom of the day, when looking back upon decisions and having unrealistic expectations...

Forum List

Back