If you could remove or add to the constitution what would it be?

Make voting mandatory. Make tampering with the vote a crime equal to treason.
So you want to force us to vote?
Force? What would you force Americans to do if you could rewire American democracy? All I am asking is that Americans participate in their government. It's a small burden that would result in a much better run country. Voting would have to be something like a national holiday where every effort would be made to make voting easy and quick.
I don't think I would go as far as making voting mandatory but I wouldn't mind giving any person time off to vote if they wanted it. I would want voter ID also. Unless you are worried that minorities are too stupid to obtain one or continue to hold onto.
It's certainly doable to make voting mandatory. The American people would have to confront the fact that they are citizens of a nation every couple of years. Making it work is just a matter of organization, technology and a commitment to making America truly great. We deserve a voting system that befits our stature in world, not this special interest corporate crapfest we endure every two years.
So what is your idea? Round everyone up at gunpoint force them into trucks and run them down to the polls?
Maybe if they don't show up to vote don't allow them to have a job?
Or maybe remove them from the country?

You do realize that people tend to be come hard headed when forced to do things they don't want to do? They not only have a bad habit of doing a sloppy job but at times they tend to push back.
Details. Most of the reason people do not vote is that it's often a pain in the ass. If voting was quick and easy and didn't involve a sacrifice in time or money or standing out in the cold there would be no excuse not to vote. Voting could be made to be an opt-out practice where there is no penalty at all for not voting but opting out would be every bit as difficult as voting.

I vote with my feet, one state sucks liberal taxes I just move.

Force? What would you force Americans to do if you could rewire American democracy? All I am asking is that Americans participate in their government. It's a small burden that would result in a much better run country. Voting would have to be something like a national holiday where every effort would be made to make voting easy and quick.
I don't think I would go as far as making voting mandatory but I wouldn't mind giving any person time off to vote if they wanted it. I would want voter ID also. Unless you are worried that minorities are too stupid to obtain one or continue to hold onto.
It's certainly doable to make voting mandatory. The American people would have to confront the fact that they are citizens of a nation every couple of years. Making it work is just a matter of organization, technology and a commitment to making America truly great. We deserve a voting system that befits our stature in world, not this special interest corporate crapfest we endure every two years.
So what is your idea? Round everyone up at gunpoint force them into trucks and run them down to the polls?

You do realize that people tend to be come hard headed when forced to do things they don't want to do? They not only have a bad habit of doing a sloppy job but at times they tend to push back.
Details. Most of the reason people do not vote is that it's often a pain in the ass. If voting was quick and easy and didn't involve a sacrifice in time or money or standing out in the cold there would be no excuse not to vote. Voting could be made to be an opt-out practice where there is no penalty at all for not voting but opting out would be every bit as difficult as voting.
I vote every year, I don’t find it hard,, does anyone else?
Voting is getting easier with the growth of early voting and mail-in ballots. Still there are very long lines in some places where people must stand out in the November cold for hours just to vote. That's bullshit and it's deliberate voter suppression.
not everybody can do mail in ballots thank god because Democrats are ballot harvesting. But like I said who’s having a hard time voting? What’s deliver it
You would oppose anything that increases voter turn out just because.

The proposed 28th amendment should be made a part of the US Constitution.

Namely:

1) Congress can pass no law that does not apply to them, nor can they pass any law that applies only to them.

2) Congressional pay increases (including any monetary perks) must be passed by a popular vote. They can't vote on their own raises.

3) Balance the budget. Unless we are in a declared war, the budget must be balanced every year. And in wartime, any budgetary overages would apply strictly to wartime needs.

4) Term limits for every national level elected official.

5) Enact the Fair Tax Act.

6) Corporations are not people.

7) Lobbying will be treated as bribery.
I have a question for you on number three.
What do we cut to balance the budget?
Do we cut all welfare? Do we cut social security and Medicare?
Do we shut down all military bases out of the country thereby creating widespread unemployment here and abroad?

Our military budget is bloated. We could cut it by 1/3 and still be spending far more than any other nation.
And where would you make those cuts?

I would let the military decide. I would not cut the pay, benefits, or retirement of members of the military or veterans. But the spending must be reigned in.

Do a quick bit of research on the number of super carriers in the world.
Why not have the same benefits as a soldiers did the revolutionary war?

During the revolutionary war, many soldiers were not even paid.

Most soldiers were farmers. That is not the case now. Why do you defend the military's bloated budget, but want the actual soldiers & sailors to have their pay and benefits cut?
Fallacies,, name a solider not paid...

Yes the benefit is pride, I used to work with a Latino that said fuck the USA I only fought to get benefits.. shit pay for my education..

That shit needs to end along time ago. These Latino roaches sucking on my American tit.

the benefit is experience in job training... the colleges should give free rides. Politicians use benefits for votes you know this. Stop the crap.. look at Golfing Gator he maid a living off of the military welfare system.

They are already trying to live on substandard wages. Whether they joined to get the benefits or out of a sense of patriotism does not matter. They joined and they served.

Our military forces are increasingly high tech. You want to attract brighter soldiers, leave the pay and benefits alone, at least.

I vote every year, I don’t find it hard,, does anyone else?
Voting is getting easier with the growth of early voting and mail-in ballots. Still there are very long lines in some places where people must stand out in the November cold for hours just to vote. That's bullshit and it's deliberate voter suppression.
not everybody can do mail in ballots thank god because Democrats are ballot harvesting. But like I said who’s having a hard time voting? What’s deliver it
You would oppose anything that increases voter turn out just because.
It makes sense to have a test to vote, and if you pay income tax, and if you can physically serve on the front lines of a war.

The Senators would be again appointed by the States........as a voice of the State Governments as intended.
Why?
The Senate was to be voice of the States.........to be ambassadors of the State gov'ts.........for the purpose of informed officials in the State Gov't to have their say on Federal Laws.....the average joe isn't as up to date and informed as those in State Legislatures.

It was the INTENT of the original Constitution.......the people's voice to be in the House.........NOT THE SENATE.

The Federalist papers clearly state this..........Was amended in a time of temporary crisis as some states battled for Senate seats with a divided State.......

The proposed 28th amendment should be made a part of the US Constitution.

Namely:

1) Congress can pass no law that does not apply to them, nor can they pass any law that applies only to them.

2) Congressional pay increases (including any monetary perks) must be passed by a popular vote. They can't vote on their own raises.

3) Balance the budget. Unless we are in a declared war, the budget must be balanced every year. And in wartime, any budgetary overages would apply strictly to wartime needs.

4) Term limits for every national level elected official.

5) Enact the Fair Tax Act.

6) Corporations are not people.

7) Lobbying will be treated as bribery.
I have a question for you on number three.
What do we cut to balance the budget?
Do we cut all welfare? Do we cut social security and Medicare?
Do we shut down all military bases out of the country thereby creating widespread unemployment here and abroad?

Our military budget is bloated. We could cut it by 1/3 and still be spending far more than any other nation.
And where would you make those cuts?

I would let the military decide. I would not cut the pay, benefits, or retirement of members of the military or veterans. But the spending must be reigned in.

Do a quick bit of research on the number of super carriers in the world.
Why not have the same benefits as a soldiers did the revolutionary war?

During the revolutionary war, many soldiers were not even paid.

Most soldiers were farmers. That is not the case now. Why do you defend the military's bloated budget, but want the actual soldiers & sailors to have their pay and benefits cut?
Fallacies,, name a solider not paid...

Yes the benefit is pride, I used to work with a Latino that said fuck the USA I only fought to get benefits.. shit pay for my education..

That shit needs to end along time ago. These Latino roaches sucking on my American tit.

the benefit is experience in job training... the colleges should give free rides. Politicians use benefits for votes you know this. Stop the crap.. look at Golfing Gator he maid a living off of the military welfare system.

They are already trying to live on substandard wages. Whether they joined to get the benefits or out of a sense of patriotism does not matter. They joined and they served.

Our military forces are increasingly high tech. You want to attract brighter soldiers, leave the pay and benefits alone, at least.
No I won’t,, don’t serve die off . Idk ppl that think like you need to be confronted .. anti Americans

Interesting to see what you all
Would do if you had the votes
I would take the first 10 amendments and keep them, everyone after that needs to go. Since our country is established, we dont need Congressmen and Senators living off the public dole.

We also dont need the 14th amendment that allows any non US citizen to drop an Anchor in the US for that Anchor to be a US citizen as we no longer have any forced slave to live in the US.

No longer do we need the one that allows Congress to be above the law but most be held to the same standards as every citizen so if Congress does insider trading they end up going to Jail like Martha Stewart.
So you're OK with slavery and women being denied the vote?
Bwaaaahhhaaaaa. Just said that we dont import slaves anymore, and women shouldnt be allowed to vote especially when they vote for the very people who dont give a damn about them and abuse the women, like Joe the groper of women and children. That was the only thing i agree with the Demoncraps of the 1920s. Women vote not with their brains, but with their fears...

I would create regional governments that would have supremacy and the federal government would just be a confederacy of regional governments for the purposes of defense.

No Private BANK...........can have unlimited access to the printing press of the United States Currency.

The right to COIN MONEY.........must be done by our Gov't ALONE.........We should not be charged interest on currency that is created out of thin air by the Federal Reserve.....LAUNDERING A COUNTRIES MONEY.........

That needs to end ...and people doing so need to be hung for Treason.

The Senators would be again appointed by the States........as a voice of the State Governments as intended.
Why?
The way it was supposed to be.
In 1787, there was a BIG battle between the states wanting independence from federal authority and the advocates of the Constitution. The Articles of Confederation had already been tried, giving states almost all the authority, and it bombed. Giving State legislatures the right to choose Senators was to placate the States Rights crew. Now that counting the votes is no longer a weeks' long process, reporting via horseback, it makes perfect sense to give people the right to vote directly for their representatives to Congress. I think electing the President should be the same way.

I would create regional governments that would have supremacy and the federal government would just be a confederacy of regional governments for the purposes of defense.
As this country gets bigger and bigger I think RegionS separate is the proper way to go, democrats have divided us by tribes.. let them
Survive on their own

I’d love to see a region of feminist lesbos try to survive on their own lol

Why?
The way it was supposed to be.
In 1787, there was a BIG battle between the states wanting independence from federal authority and the advocates of the Constitution. The Articles of Confederation had already been tried, giving states almost all the authority, and it bombed. Giving State legislatures the right to choose Senators was to placate the States Rights crew. Now that counting the votes is no longer a weeks' long process, reporting via horseback, it makes perfect sense to give people the right to vote directly for their representatives to Congress. I think electing the President should be the same way.
The checks and balances of the intent of the Constitution were VERY CLEAR.....any Senator going against the will of the State Government would be replaced..................The Senator being their voice.......a voice of ELECTED OFFICIALS OF THE STATE........making local and State elections more important...........

The decision to go against the Constitution allows Senators to do as they please once elected......using lobbyist money to ensure they are Career politicians................

That power would be hard to abuse if they were on a leash......from the State Legislatures........

If the intent of the Senate was the people's voice.......they would have never created the Senate at all................the House would have been the only thing created...........The Senate very purpose was to ensure checks on other states having more power to force smaller states to have NO VOICE.

States should determine their path.......not the Feds.............their powers to be limited to prevent abuse of power...........The Founders were scared of a too powerful gov't..........everything they pushed for was to prevent it.

You can’t infringe on the bill of rights,
Where does it say that?
in the bill of rights,,,my god youre an idiot,,,
Quote it, please. What I found in the Constitution is this:
Article V.

AMENDING THE CONSTITUTION

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of it's equal Suffrage in the Senate.

Forum List

Back