If you could remove or add to the constitution what would it be?

Interesting to see what you all
Would do if you had the votes
I would take the first 10 amendments and keep them, everyone after that needs to go. Since our country is established, we dont need Congressmen and Senators living off the public dole.

We also dont need the 14th amendment that allows any non US citizen to drop an Anchor in the US for that Anchor to be a US citizen as we no longer have any forced slave to live in the US.

No longer do we need the one that allows Congress to be above the law but most be held to the same standards as every citizen so if Congress does insider trading they end up going to Jail like Martha Stewart.

I would take the first 10 amendments and keep them, everyone after that needs to go. Since our country is established, we dont need Congressmen and Senators living off the public dole.

We also dont need the 14th amendment that allows any non US citizen to drop an Anchor in the US for that Anchor to be a US citizen as we no longer have any forced slave to live in the US.

No longer do we need the one that allows Congress to be above the law but most be held to the same standards as every citizen so if Congress does insider trading they end up going to Jail like Martha Stewart.
So you're OK with slavery and women being denied the vote?

Interesting, I like the idea. Have senators earn money in the private market..

Interesting, I like the idea. Have senators earn money in the private market..
That's what they do now. They don't gain multiple millions on salary. Cronyism makes the money.

Make voting mandatory. Make tampering with the vote a crime equal to treason.
So you want to force us to vote?
Force? What would you force Americans to do if you could rewire American democracy? All I am asking is that Americans participate in their government. It's a small burden that would result in a much better run country. Voting would have to be something like a national holiday where every effort would be made to make voting easy and quick.
I don't think I would go as far as making voting mandatory but I wouldn't mind giving any person time off to vote if they wanted it. I would want voter ID also. Unless you are worried that minorities are too stupid to obtain one or continue to hold onto.
It's certainly doable to make voting mandatory. The American people would have to confront the fact that they are citizens of a nation every couple of years. Making it work is just a matter of organization, technology and a commitment to making America truly great. We deserve a voting system that befits our stature in world, not this special interest corporate crapfest we endure every two years.

I think a lot of ppl are scared to run because of campaign finance laws if you’re a Democrat you can do anything you want but if a Republican gets caught up and not knowing the rules Democrats are going to put you in jail look what they did to Dinesh D’Souza,, it seems like only Republicans get in trouble for campaign finance laws.. while AOC and Omar are funding their standard of living and get away with it

The proposed 28th amendment should be made a part of the US Constitution.

Namely:

1) Congress can pass no law that does not apply to them, nor can they pass any law that applies only to them.

2) Congressional pay increases (including any monetary perks) must be passed by a popular vote. They can't vote on their own raises.

3) Balance the budget. Unless we are in a declared war, the budget must be balanced every year. And in wartime, any budgetary overages would apply strictly to wartime needs.

4) Term limits for every national level elected official.

5) Enact the Fair Tax Act.

6) Corporations are not people.

7) Lobbying will be treated as bribery.

Force? What would you force Americans to do if you could rewire American democracy? All I am asking is that Americans participate in their government. It's a small burden that would result in a much better run country. Voting would have to be something like a national holiday where every effort would be made to make voting easy and quick.
I don't think I would go as far as making voting mandatory but I wouldn't mind giving any person time off to vote if they wanted it. I would want voter ID also. Unless you are worried that minorities are too stupid to obtain one or continue to hold onto.
It's certainly doable to make voting mandatory. The American people would have to confront the fact that they are citizens of a nation every couple of years. Making it work is just a matter of organization, technology and a commitment to making America truly great. We deserve a voting system that befits our stature in world, not this special interest corporate crapfest we endure every two years.
So what is your idea? Round everyone up at gunpoint force them into trucks and run them down to the polls?
Maybe if they don't show up to vote don't allow them to have a job?
Or maybe remove them from the country?

You do realize that people tend to be come hard headed when forced to do things they don't want to do? They not only have a bad habit of doing a sloppy job but at times they tend to push back.

Namely:

1) Congress can pass no law that does not apply to them, nor can they pass any law that applies only to them.

2) Congressional pay increases (including any monetary perks) must be passed by a popular vote. They can't vote on their own raises.

3) Balance the budget. Unless we are in a declared war, the budget must be balanced every year. And in wartime, any budgetary overages would apply strictly to wartime needs.

I have a question for you on number three.
What do we cut to balance the budget?
Do we cut all welfare? Do we cut social security and Medicare?
Do we shut down all military bases out of the country thereby creating widespread unemployment here and abroad?

Namely:

Fair tax act? , corporations are not people? You sound a bit communist..

Namely:

Do we shut down all military bases out of the country thereby creating widespread unemployment here and abroad?

Our military budget is bloated. We could cut it by 1/3 and still be spending far more than any other nation.

Namely:

Our military budget is bloated. We could cut it by 1/3 and still be spending far more than any other nation.
And where would you make those cuts?

Namely:

Fair tax act? , corporations are not people? You sound a bit communist..

The Fair Tax Act is a consumption tax. It is not communist in any way.

As for corporations not being people, allowing corporations unlimited spending on campaign contributions is lunacy.

So what is your idea? Round everyone up at gunpoint force them into trucks and run them down to the polls?

You do realize that people tend to be come hard headed when forced to do things they don't want to do? They not only have a bad habit of doing a sloppy job but at times they tend to push back.
Details. Most of the reason people do not vote is that it's often a pain in the ass. If voting was quick and easy and didn't involve a sacrifice in time or money or standing out in the cold there would be no excuse not to vote. Voting could be made to be an opt-out practice where there is no penalty at all for not voting but opting out would be every bit as difficult as voting.

Namely:

I would let the military decide. I would not cut the pay, benefits, or retirement of members of the military or veterans. But the spending must be reigned in.

Do a quick bit of research on the number of super carriers in the world.

Details. Most of the reason people do not vote is that it's often a pain in the ass. If voting was quick and easy and didn't involve a sacrifice in time or money or standing out in the cold there would be no excuse not to vote. Voting could be made to be an opt-out practice where there is no penalty at all for not voting but opting out would be every bit as difficult as voting.
I vote every year, I don’t find it hard,, does anyone else?

Namely:

I would let the military decide. I would not cut the pay, benefits, or retirement of members of the military or veterans. But the spending must be reigned in.

Do a quick bit of research on the number of super carriers in the world.
Why not have the same benefits as a soldiers did the revolutionary war?

Forum List

Back