If you didn't catch Matthew Mcconaughey from the White House breifing room, live, You need to

Mental health care and safer schools are the first thing government should do and can do if they really wanted to... it should have been done years ago but they would rather take the hard road and run over my 2nd amendment rights.... do the easy steps first....

Nice sermon Matthew.... but leaving the people defenseless to defend their freedom is not an answer....
Our government is way too corrupt and tyrannical these days to even discuss infringing on the right to own and buy a gun....

A lot would have to change at the federal level first....
Strange how when Adam Lanza exercised his 2nd Amendment rights about 10 years ago, the hue and cry from you guys was to get rid of violent video games and movies.

I guess that didn't fly. So you comedians are now trying out new material? Mental Health.

I wonder what will be the next excuse you guys come up with. Gay Marriage always plays in the sticks.

Strange how when Adam Lanza exercised his 2nd Amendment rights about 10 years ago, the hue and cry from you guys was to get rid of violent video games and movies.

I guess that didn't fly. So you comedians are now trying out new material? Mental Health.

I wonder what will be the next excuse you guys come up with. Gay Marriage always plays in the sticks.
I've been calling for an end to violent games and movies for years... I sometimes feel like the lone ranger.... teach the children right from wrong and teach them to love thy neighbor.... taking gun rights away from law abiding Americans is not the answer...

Most of you need to check out how Israel defends their schools.
Afterall, they are surrounded by enemies on all sides and in their interior.
God, America and Americans still strive for peak stupidity!!

is that what I said??
no it isnt,,

one for sure way to stop or reduce school shootings is to allow teachers and admin that want to to carry,, we all know gun free zones are ripe for shootings,,

if you think another law restricting law abiding from owning a gun will work I have no choice but to laugh in your face,,,
I agree, if some of them want to, are highly background checked, and there is a way to properly control access, maybe with a thumbprint ID gun safe, rather than teacher walking round strapped like me with my should holster when going out at night for a pack of smokes at the convenience store.
Another thing is some people suggesting all teachers should be carrying, as some are not suited and it isn't part of that job description, nor should it be.

If you didn't catch Matthew Mcconaughey from the White House breifing room, live, You need to​

No I don't....Nobody voted for that schmendrick.

I was as surprised as anyone. This guy actually did strike a middle ground with sensible comments about responding to recent events and bolstering American values. Worth a watch.

My god you are confused.

He is a piece of shit. Typical rich protected pompous Hollywood asshole actor who thinks he know what is best for us peons.

Nothing the sonofabitch said to do to infringe upon our Constitutional rights will stop even one gun crime.

1. Background checks - worthless

2. wait times - worthless

3. 18 year olds - taking Constitutional rights away from American citizens.

4. Red flag laws - oppression, abusive and circumventing due process Constitutional protections.

The guy needs to go back to whoring himself because he sucks at politics.

Last edited:
I agree, if some of them want to, are highly background checked, and there is a way to properly control access, maybe with a thumbprint ID gun safe, rather than teacher walking round strapped like me with my should holster when going out at night for a pack of smokes at the convenience store.
Another thing is some people suggesting all teachers should be carrying, as some are not suited and it isn't part of that job description, nor should it be.
for sure not all of them need to be armed,, all it will take is half dozen at most but they should have it with them at all times and even train together in the school as well as the shooting range

If a teacher is unable to figure out if a door is unlocked or locked under duress, I'd bank that most of 'em shouldn't be carrying guns......with live ammo!!

Again another actor telling us we should have more gun control and gtive up more 2A rights. The clown even thinks that "Red Flag" Laws that eliminate due process is something we should accept with no questions.
I don't care that his is an actor. I paid no attention because he was an actor. Except on rare occaisions, he started out and usually has been one of those cutesy pretty boy role actors, I don't like.
Red Flag laws are part of the debate on possible solutions, and will be discussed by most, both in society and in Congress. Important topic, but I don't know how to write an effective one, while ensuring the rights of ownership, appeals, etc necessary to keep it from being abused by disgruntle spouse, co-worker or significant other.

By all means, go look it up. Try the search function and the special search functions.
Sorry, I know what I read and have far better things to do than to try to hunt down a specific string of text made 1-2-3 weeks ago. But you're a mod now so why don't YOU post what you said since it should be far easier for you to find it and prove me wrong?

Does the book mean you have all the answers and your quest for knowledge is over?
Stupid question.

That's what I thought. All hat and no saddle, i.e., no coherent handle on what the real problems are, let alone on solutions, including the solutions that have been proposed by those who defend the Second.
He sounded pretty coherent to me.

This didn't exist anywhere these levels a half century ago. If Monkeypox is the real deal, it will kill more than mass shootings soon enough.

I liked the ideas about mental health care.

IMO? Anyone on any sort of mental health pharmaceutical? Should probably be automatically disqualified from owning a gun. Would we allow drug addicts to drive? To operate heavy machinery?

Well? Should we allow these kids to turn eighteen and then purchase firearms?

Psychological conditions, needing "medication?" There is, and never has been, a blood test for any of them. . . yet, these can often, and have been proven, multiple times, to send folks over the edge. Still, the establishment is more likely to blame the GUN, rather than the drugs, why is this?

:dunno:

I was on some of these medications after my AVM surgery, and suffered depression for several years, that shit is toxic. You eventually come to realize, it is just a mask, it covers up your problems, and prevents you from working on them. And working on these problems in a constructive way is essential for personal growth.

Solving these types of problems is more difficult than getting in physical shape, I'm not going to lie.

It is especially difficult for those who have suffered PTSD and other forms of severe mental & physical trauma.

quote-do-thine-own-work-and-know-thyself-plato-114-85-47.jpg

something Matt said must have advanced the Biddum agenda, and nothing good can come out of that.

I am afraid you are right. Either gun control or big-pharma, red flags, either way, it will only make things more disjointed, and worse. Society has real problems. We need healing, not taking folks rights away. They may be using him, though I am not sure he is even aware of it. . . they might be trying to get a middle compromise here. . .

I'd be really curious to see someone crunch the stats, to see, how much these mass killings have increased, since SSRI's have been in mass use. :dunno:
And since ADHD drugs have been in use. ETC.

I will see the OP's celebrity spokesman, with another, more timely and relevant, (and elder celebrity,) spokesman, who is hotter than hell right now. . . (and up the ante.)
;)

6iw2id.jpg

Does this entertainer have some special expertise I don't know about? If not, why should his opinion weigh more than anyone else? Sad this administration has entertainers doing this work. Don't we pay experts? Or is all our money going towards free crack pipes and more illegal aliens?

He's from Uvalde. But then again, you wouldn't care even if he had lost a family member.
Did Alexander Hamilton need the well regulated Militia to duel Aaron Burr? Nope, so you quit that line of BS now.

Alot of basic anti-seizure meds are notorious for causing undue anger and suicidal thoughts.
Alot of older people are taking them.

Because no rule is 100% effective.

No other rights need to be impacted.
I'm about to use your own logic against you to prove this is all about gun control and not about stopping mass shootings.

Name one mass shooting where either the shooter himself, or the owner and purchaser of the weapon, did NOT pass a background check.

Uvalde guy did.

Buffalo too.

Dylan Roof got his gun from an FFL after submitting to a background check.

The Joker in Aurora passed a background check.

Parkland shooter passed a background check.

Pulse shooter passed a background check.

The Sandy Hook Shooter stole the gun from his mother... Who passed a background check.

It's not just less than 100% effective in threading mass shootings... It's more like ZERO percent effective.

Yet every time it is put forward as a "solution".

Explain?

Then explain why anyone should believe that the "not 100% effective" Red Flag laws are any different...or waiting periods ... or any of the other smorgasbord of gun grabber wishlist proposals on the table.

The failure is treating this as a gun problem...which is what gun grabbers want to get a win for their agenda.

You are never going to stop this behavior by restrictive gun laws...NY proves this. They have ALL of these proposed laws and it didn't help.

So the new solution? Ban millions if law abiding citizens from owning certain guns...on top of trying to impose the wishlist that didn't work at the state level nationally.

Teachers do NOT want to carry guns here
They do in the county where I live. They go through an intensive training class.

The kids are a lot safer in the classroom in my county than in yours.
If a teacher is unable to figure out if a door is unlocked or locked under duress, I'd bank that most of 'em shouldn't be carrying guns......with live ammo!!
Some teachers are dingbats. However, others could do a good job protecting the kids if they were armed.

I don't care that his is an actor. I paid no attention because he was an actor. Except on rare occaisions, he started out and usually has been one of those cutesy pretty boy role actors, I don't like.
Red Flag laws are part of the debate on possible solutions, and will be discussed by most, both in society and in Congress. Important topic, but I don't know how to write an effective one, while ensuring the rights of ownership, appeals, etc necessary to keep it from being abused by disgruntle spouse, co-worker or significant other.
Red Flag laws are a direct take from communist. They want you to report your friends and neighbors the the police come and take your weapons without even a hearing. You have to hire a lawyer to get your guns back. If you are for this type of law there is no way you are an American

Forum List

Back