If you didn't catch Matthew Mcconaughey from the White House breifing room, live, You need to

I'm about to use your own logic against you to prove this is all about gun control and not about stopping mass shootings.

Name one mass shooting where either the shooter himself, or the owner and purchaser of the weapon, did NOT pass a background check.

Uvalde guy did.

Buffalo too.

Dylan Roof got his gun from an FFL after submitting to a background check.

The Joker in Aurora passed a background check.

Parkland shooter passed a background check.

Pulse shooter passed a background check.

The Sandy Hook Shooter stole the gun from his mother... Who passed a background check.

It's not just less than 100% effective in threading mass shootings... It's more like ZERO percent effective.
Dumb argument. We don’t know that they’re zero percent effective because we don’t hear about the ones that didn’t happen.

But I agree that background checks aren’t all that effective. Hence why I’m pushing for something that I think would be effective.

My god you are confused.

He is a piece of shit. Typical rich protected pompous Hollywood asshole actor who thinks he know what is best for us peons.

Nothing the sonofabitch said to do to infringe upon our Constitutional rights will stop even one gun crime.

1. Background checks - worthless

2. wait times - worthless

3. 18 year olds - taking Constitutional rights away from American citizens.

4. Red flag laws - oppression, abusive and circumventing Constitutional protections.

The guy needs to go back to whoring himself because he sucks at politics.
Who are you again? Just a racist big mouth on the internet? Nothing you have ever posted here suggests you understand the first thing about political philosophy, logic, reason, basic decency, or America itself.

for sure not all of them need to be armed,, all it will take is half dozen at most but they should have it with them at all times and even train together in the school as well as the shooting range
The teaching staff was almost certainly following lockdown protocol and therefore would have each been in their respective classrooms, doors locked, lights off, standing between their students and said door, with the kids on the floor in a corner away from doors or windows. They would remain thus until informed by police that the lockdown was over. If one out of every 100 teachers were armed, they wouldn't have been able to do squat unless the shooter happened to somehow break into those specific classrooms.

They do in the county where I live. They go through an intensive training class.

The kids are a lot safer in the classroom in my county than in yours.

Some teachers are dingbats. However, others could do a good job protecting the kids if they were armed.

I would bet dollars to donuts that most teachers do not want to be armed. Otherwise, they would have pursued a LEO career.
Besides, most don't get paid enough to be both cop and teacher! And realistically, why should they!!

Anyone on any sort of mental health pharmaceutical? Should probably be automatically disqualified from owning a gun.
What if they are on medication simply for insomnia or are depressed only because of a serious health event in their life? Still consider them to dangerous for guns?

I'd be really curious to see someone crunch the stats, to see, how much these mass killings have increased, since SSRI's have been in mass use.
One stat I heard recently that caught my ear was that something like 94% of all gun crime occurred in gun-free zones. If accurate, it seems simple enough to just conclude these zones a part of the problem and start there by eliminating them.

Dumb argument. We don’t know that they’re zero percent effective because we don’t hear about the ones that didn’t happen.

But I agree that background checks aren’t all that effective. Hence why I’m pushing for something that I think would be effective.
Of course we know they are ZERO percent effective.

Name one mass shooting that the firearm was acquired though a private sale!

I cannot think of a single one except the first...Columbine.

There's your proof.

McConaughey is the filthy Democrat dog and pony show that was brought out to provide cover for the RINO Quislings to go along with the despicable Democrat's agenda to infringe upon our Constitutional rights.

Of course we know they are ZERO percent effective.

Name one mass shooting that the firearm was acquired though a private sale!

I cannot think of a single one except the first...Columbine.

There's your proof.
That doesn’t mean they’re zero percent effective.

I’m not sure why you can’t grasp that. I tried to explain it.

That's what I thought. All hat and no saddle, i.e., no coherent handle on what the real problems are, let alone on solutions, including the solutions that have been proposed by those who defend the Second.
YOU OF COURSE
HAVE ALL THE SOLUTIONS

SMDH

I would bet dollars to donuts that most teachers do not want to be armed. Otherwise, they would have pursued a LEO career.
Besides, most don't get paid enough to be both cop and teacher! And realistically, why should they!!
My wife is a retired teacher and our group of friends includes many teachers.

I don't know what you mean by "most do not want to be armed" but I know several that got the training put on by the Sheriff's Department and go to school armed.

McConaughey is the filthy Democrat dog and pony show that was brought out to provide cover for the RINO Quislings to go along with the despicable Democrat's agenda to infringe upon our Constitutional rights.
Brain dead troll 😈

Red Flag laws are a direct take from communist. They want you to report your friends and neighbors the the police come and take your weapons without even a hearing. You have to hire a lawyer to get your guns back. If you are for this type of law there is no way you are an American
Is it better, you knowing someone you know is off his rocker, and heavily armed, but not reporting it?
Personally, I think you should be furnished on or reimbursed at average market rate. Any weapons confiscation, should have a show cause hearing within 24 to 48 hours tops.

I don't know what you mean by "most do not want to be armed" but I know several that got the training put on by the Sheriff's Department and go to school armed.
I’m speaking from MY experience as a substitute teacher

I’ve worked in ALL grades
From non verbal preschoolers
To
High school students

If YOU forced me to carry a GUN

NOPE
NOT GONNA HAPPEN

That doesn’t mean they’re zero percent effective.

I’m not sure why you can’t grasp that. I tried to explain it.
It proves they are zero percent effective in stopping mass shootings... Which is, in case you've forgotten, the topic of this thread... Solutions to stop mass shootings.

I don't believe that your circle is indicative of the majority.
But if they want to hang their necks out there, then that's cool! 😎

What if they are on medication simply for insomnia or are depressed only because of a serious health event in their life? Still consider them to dangerous for guns?
I am not a doctor, I don't know what meds are used for insomnia. . . often times, insomnia is a condition, due to not enough exercise, and too much stress, or improper diet.

As far as a serious health event contributing to the depression, yeah, I know, that is what I have experience in. That is what has caused my disability. That is why I was originally on anti-depressants for nearly half a decade, long time ago.

And no, if you need them, and are not willing to do the work to get off them? You don't need a gun, you have other problems. The founding fathers had NO IDEA what mind altering chemicals could do to the brain, when they wrote the Constitution. I have nothing against protecting a person's civil liberties and guaranteeing one's civil rights. . .

. . . but a person IS NOT a sovereign individual in control of their own thoughts and personality, when they are on psychotropic medications. I have much experience, with many, MANY different types, and varieties, I am not speaking off the cuff here. These things can cause wild thoughts and emotional swings. They can cause paranoia, mood swings, and a psychosis worse than marijuana.

Did you even view that Tom Cruise video?

One stat I heard recently that caught my ear was that something like 94% of all gun crime occurred in gun-free zones. If accurate, it seems simple enough to just conclude these zones a part of the problem and start there by eliminating them.

I have nothing against hardening targets. The speech Matt made included that.

Last edited:
It proves they are zero percent effective in stopping mass shootings... Which is, in case you've forgotten, the topic of this thread... Solutions to stop mass shootings.
No it doesn’t prove that at all. I’ll try one last time to explain this to you.

You’re only listing the mass shooters who actually killed a bunch of people after passing the background check. What you‘re not listing are the people, assuming there are any, who failed the background check and then did not get to kill people. Naturally you wouldn’t hear about these incidents since nobody was killed.

So you can’t say it’s zero percent effective. That’s just simple math. Second time explaining this, sorry if you still don’t get it. I tried.

Forum List

Back