If you prayed to something you don't believe in will he listen?

If you pray to something that you don't believe exists, it should answer you regardless of personal beliefs. So why hasn't god answered my prayers?

If you pray to something that you don't believe exists, it should answer you regardless of personal beliefs. So why hasn't god answered my prayers?
What have you prayed for?
For all wars to stop.
I doubt that.
So where is your god? Ignores me because he likes war?
Maybe He doesn't like you very much.
He likes to see sarin gas dropped in people.

He likes to see sarin gas dropped in people.
You should ask Him that.
Don't have to, it's obvious.
You'll find that out soon enough.
But aren't I going to hell?
You'll find that out soon enough too.
But didn't you say that hell is only being separated from god? Aren't I there already? Despite my being open to god contacting me.

You should ask Him that.
But didn't you say that hell is only being separated from god? Aren't I there already? Despite my being open to god contacting me.
Eternally separated. You aren't separated right now.

I admit it I'm weak. I want there to be someone who will cover for me when I screw up. I want someone to hold me up when I am weak. I want someone to fix me when I'm broken. I want someone to take charge of my life so I can spend it playing games and arguing politics while not having to worry about the damn bills.

Bible, Quran, Talmud, Mormon book, etc. Only one of them can be the book of truth. The others are full of lies and deceit. But which one? The logical answer is none of the above.

We are all weak.

You are incorrect though. The Bible and Book of Mormon are both true. They compliment each other. The record of Judah (Bible) and the record of Joseph (BoM) shall be in the hands of Ephraim as prophesied.

That's the beauty of the Lord. He always provides multiple witnesses for His Word.

And yes I believe God will hear you.

"Now, as I said concerning faith—that it was not a perfect knowledge—even so it is with my words. Ye cannot know of their surety at first, unto perfection, any more than faith is a perfect knowledge.

"But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words." (Alma 32:26-27)

I admit it I'm weak. I want there to be someone who will cover for me when I screw up. I want someone to hold me up when I am weak. I want someone to fix me when I'm broken. I want someone to take charge of my life so I can spend it playing games and arguing politics while not having to worry about the damn bills.

Bible, Quran, Talmud, Mormon book, etc. Only one of them can be the book of truth. The others are full of lies and deceit. But which one? The logical answer is none of the above.
In Modern Philosophy, God is a Deist God not Theist.

A Deist God does not answer prayers.

You are on your own.

Modern philosophy isnt necessarily correct.

What you doing to seek God?
I'm totally open in my heart to god contacting me and proving himself/herself to me. Seems pretty reasonable.

Eternally separated. You aren't separated right now.
I'm not separated from god right now? So how come I've never seen or heard from him? He a mute?

Forum List

Back