If you think arming teachers is a solution to school shootings then you are either dumb or insane

15 year old Jimmy the psychopath and others like them who are too young to buy guns can get one for free by knocking out their teacher from behind.

OMG, you're right. Why are we giving guns to police? Or to soldiers?

The bad guys will just take them away.
Want me to post police dash cam vids where they did just that?
And yet we still give police firearms why is that ?

15 year old Jimmy the psychopath and others like them who are too young to buy guns can get one for free by knocking out their teacher from behind.

Well gee obviously those people are exceptions because they are trained on using and securing their weapons.
So a person that teaches for a living can't be trained in firearms use ?
Thats not their primary job. Their primary job is to educate.

The obvious solution is, if at all possible, don't send your children into the Government School nightmare. It's only gonna get worse. American parents really should seek education alternatives. That's the best solution.

I recommend homeschooling if you can

Most of these NRA cadets shoot themselves anyway. Armed teachers isnt going to be a deterrent. America has failed.

No, tainty, that would be you. America is still going strong. Stronger than the UK has done in over a century. And take a look dude. The UK that you grew up in is long gone. The most prolific name in the UK now is Mohamed. You will be gone long before the US is.... Just sayin...

Well gee obviously those people are exceptions because they are trained on using and securing their weapons

So, what you're saying is, teachers are too dumb to be trained?

On the job, I wear a level III retention holster which will prevent most attempts at a gun grab. However, if I'm incapacitated from behind, it will not prevent the assailant from taking the gun from my unconscious form.

Soldiers, on the other hand, wear little or not retention on their primary firearm.
Good lord dude. Even if every armed teacher got adequate training (which wouldn’t happen), it doesn’t change the fact that they are still teachers. Cops and soldiers’ entire mindset is focused on being vigilant to possible threats. It’s not like a teacher can effectively do their jobs if they are constantly on alert for the very unlikely possibility of someone shooting up their school.
"the very unlikely possibility of someone shooting up their school."
If it's that unlikely why call for the banning of certain firearms ?

Well gee obviously those people are exceptions because they are trained on using and securing their weapons.

Yeah? So? I find it amusing that you seem to think that that is all they can do. Amazingly enough the teachers i know are very competent. Of course we all go shooting together, and skiing, and flying, and camping. In other words, the teachers i know are great educators, and they can do other things too. I guess the educators in your area are incompetent.

On the other hand arming teachers would be a viable solution in those areas where they hunt for survival.

Yeah? So? I find it amusing that you seem to think that that is all they can do. Amazingly enough the teachers i know are very competent. Of course we all go shooting together, and skiing, and flying, and camping. In other words, the teachers i know are great educators, and they can do other things too. I guess the educators in your area are incompetent.
Yeah so why would they want to get trained to shoot people when they cant even get paid their worth now doing their primary job?

Yeah so why they want to get trained to shoot people when they cant even get paid their worth now doing their primary job?

Educators here in my area are very well compensated.

The obvious solution is, if at all possible, don't send your children into the Government School nightmare. It's only gonna get worse. American parents really should seek education alternatives. That's the best solution.

I recommend homeschooling if you can

Oh, absolutely. Government-run schools should be avoided if possible. Parents shouldn't gamble with their child's life. And that's what they're doing when sending their children into the Government School nightmare.

You could of fooled us

“It is not because we care about children; and it is not because we have a vision of a great public school for every child,” Chanin boasted. “The NEA and its affiliates are effective advocates because we have power"

Great, now 15 year old Jimmy the psychopath and others like them who are too young to buy guns can get one for free by knocking out their teacher from behind.

This idea is so dumb that it blows my mind grown adults came up with it.

My wife just spent the entire day doing drills. She teaches at a religious school. They pray everyday and have mass on Wed. (guess which faith ha-ha)

Anyway...They were showing the teachers how to lower kids to the ground from the window.

The new fucking normal.

It seems insane that we haven’t been preparing students for emergencies the whole time.

How is this different from the sixties when they were doing nuke drills? At least these drills will actually keep people alive. We could prepare them by teaching basic first aid as well. That way if the worst happens more survive and more these skills can be used at more than just schools

Yeah so why they want to get trained to shoot people when they cant even get paid their worth now doing their primary job?

Educators here in my area are very well compensated.
Your area isnt the only area in the US even if that was true.

Great, now 15 year old Jimmy the psychopath and others like them who are too young to buy guns can get one for free by knocking out their teacher from behind.

The Israelis have had armed teachers for years.

If Psycho Jimmy somehow managed to knock out his teacher, everybody in the class would see this and could rush him while he was trying to get the key to the gun lock box to get to the gun.

Anyone who thinks gun-free schools are safe is blind to reality and common sense.

You could of fooled us

“It is not because we care about children; and it is not because we have a vision of a great public school for every child,” Chanin boasted. “The NEA and its affiliates are effective advocates because we have power"
Its not hard to fool you.

The Israelis have had armed teachers for years.

If Psycho Jimmy somehow managed to knock out his teacher, everybody in the class would see this and could rush him while he was trying to get the key to the gun lock box to get to the gun.

Anyone who thinks gun-free schools are safe is blind to reality and common sense.
This isnt the middle east. Youre talking about a shift in mindset which takes generations.

They cant pay teachers enough as it is already. Now they want them to be trained as body guards.

I would think wanting to survive would be motivation enough but I’m sure we could provide financial incentives.

And teachers get paid plenty. Especially when their output is this crappy

Forum List

Back