If you're working for minimum wage your financial problems are yours alone

Theres really nothing to argue. This isn't a discussion thread, its a public announcement.

Also, if you live in the most powerful country in the world and your skill is one that somebody in the Phillipines can do for $2 an hour, when they get your job your problems are yours alone.

If you want to mess around with your own life, make bad decisions and end up at the bottom of the economic scale, that is your right. But for God's sake, don't have kids. If it's just you, then you can get by with a beater, a roommate and still have money for weed and beer.

I think what is driving the whole "living wage" movement are people who thought it would be a good idea to enter adulthood with no education, no skills and a couple of kids.

Also, if you live in the most powerful country in the world and your skill is one that somebody in the Phillipines can do for $2 an hour, when they get your job your problems are yours alone.

The solution to that is tariffs that increase the cost of importing said goods, something the federal government actually has constitutional power to do.

They don't even have to be fair tariffs.

The solution to that is tariffs that increase the cost of importing said goods, something the federal government actually has constitutional power to do.

Yes the free market is evil and must be restrained by massive and unfair artificial controls

Yes the free market is evil and must be restrained by massive and unfair artificial controls

Does the constitution allow the federal government to establish tariffs or not? The Founding Fathers were all for trade, but trade cannot override the internal market of the country.

When 1000 Americans line up to apply for 100 jobs at a new Walmart,

whose fault is that? The 900 Americans who won't get a job? It's somehow their fault that jobs are scarce?

People have life circumstances that sometimes leads to minimum wage jobs. And who's supposed to do these jobs? Someone has to do it. Working at a fast food job doesn't mean you have no ambition.

A lot of people work fast food jobs to put themselves through college or to take care fo family. Some people have a sick parent or sibling.

There are a lot of reasons why someone might work a fast food job. You need to pay them a reasonable wage.

Your boss didn't kill your ambition.
Your boss didn't make you fail your education.
I didn't kill your ambition.
I didn't make you fail in school.

If you're an adult working for minimum wage it is YOUR irresponsible choices that led you there.
Wrong as usual snowflake. If a company can pay a CEO MILLIONS they can pay EVERY worker a wage they can live off of. I don't give a flying fuck what the job is. PERIOD. Its why government must be FORCED to get involved in these issues because people are inherently GREEDY and when they make it to the top no matter how they shit on the people below them.

The drive to pay irresponsible adults 15.00 for minimum wage will destroy jobs for future teenagers via the implementation of more automation.

Illegal aliens & dumbass liberals are going to drive away all the jobs for our kids.
Should have thought of that before when they were paying such shit wages people had to unionize,get government involved etc to get wages higher. Companies want to be greedy capitalist pigs then they will deal with the consequences. Automatize your staff people will just boycott your stores. :)

The drive to pay irresponsible adults 15.00 for minimum wage will destroy jobs for future teenagers via the implementation of more automation.

Illegal aliens & dumbass liberals are going to drive away all the jobs for our kids.

A NATIONAL min wage is ridiculous. You need $50/hr to live in SF or NYC. But you only need $10/hr to live in some other areas.

If the state wants a min wage..........or a local city...........so be it. If you don't like it there then a person (or company) could move.

This seem such a simple concept? But I don't hear any big shots saying it?

What the heck is wrong with me?

If you're an adult working for minimum wage it is YOUR irresponsible choices that led you there.

There is no simple one size fits all solution to the minimum wage laws. State laws would certainly seem more appropriate than federal laws.

Like minimum wage?

People have life circumstances that sometimes leads to minimum wage jobs. And who's supposed to do these jobs? Someone has to do it. Working at a fast food job doesn't mean you have no ambition.

A lot of people work fast food jobs to put themselves through college or to take care fo family. Some people have a sick parent or sibling.

There are a lot of reasons why someone might work a fast food job. You need to pay them a reasonable wage.

"reasonable wage" is not something that can be imposed by the government, it is decided by how much value a person adds to a service or product via their labor.

Says the ex con who got government help.

Sad.

This is is a misguided political battle. I don't have a problem with helping up people. I just don't want to hear how it's all about their victimhood and about how it will continue as I'm doing so. People are better off helping; and the helped are better off being grateful and willing to become better persons themselves.

I wish I could be as dumb as conservatives are. Let's see both me AND my wife have skills we had to be licensed for yet have NEVER made over 12$ an hour. Not our fault. I was injured and now stay home with kids and earn a shit wage but it pays rent so it is what it is. Wife actually got a job that literally required no skill that paid MORE than her job as a CNA did! Pathetic truly. Lived in 3 different states and not much difference in what they paid! Again not our fault. We got skills we were just as usual screwed by capitalism and capitalists who got rich off our labor. Figure EACH resident of a nursing home pays 1500-5k a MONTH to stay there depending on its services and MOST places she worked had AT LEAST 75-150 residents and yet she brought home less than 2k a month. Slave labor,wage theft,theft of labor is what it is all the while the higher ups got RICH with their new cars 2 homes private schools etc.

Forum List

Back