If you're working for minimum wage your financial problems are yours alone

Your boss didn't kill your ambition.
Your boss didn't make you fail your education.
I didn't kill your ambition.
I didn't make you fail in school.

If you're an adult working for minimum wage it is YOUR irresponsible choices that led you there.
Judging other people is your talent; is it?

This is is a misguided political battle. I don't have a problem with helping up people. I just don't want to hear how it's all about their victimhood and about how it will continue as I'm doing so. People are better off helping; and the helped are better off being grateful and willing to become better persons themselves.
You write like someone has not helped that many.

I wish I could be as dumb as conservatives are. Let's see both me AND my wife have skills we had to be licensed for yet have NEVER made over 12$ an hour. Not our fault. I was injured and now stay home with kids and earn a shit wage but it pays rent so it is what it is. Wife actually got a job that literally required no skill that paid MORE than her job as a CNA did! Pathetic truly. Lived in 3 different states and not much difference in what they paid! Again not our fault. We got skills we were just as usual screwed by capitalism and capitalists who got rich off our labor. Figure EACH resident of a nursing home pays 1500-5k a MONTH to stay there depending on its services and MOST places she worked had AT LEAST 75-150 residents and yet she brought home less than 2k a month. Slave labor,wage theft,theft of labor is what it is all the while the higher ups got RICH with their new cars 2 homes private schools etc.
Seems that's your problem.....

This is is a misguided political battle. I don't have a problem with helping up people. I just don't want to hear how it's all about their victimhood and about how it will continue as I'm doing so. People are better off helping; and the helped are better off being grateful and willing to become better persons themselves.
You write like someone has not helped that many.

If you're going to make a misguided attempt at ad hominem, at least bother to use decent grammar while you're doing it.

If you're an adult working for minimum wage it is YOUR irresponsible choices that led you there.
Approximately 2% of the workers are at or below minimum wage. Regardless of their education, or ambition, we still have 2% at or below minimum wage just different people. Some one always has to be at the bottom.

I wish I could be as dumb as conservatives are. Let's see both me AND my wife have skills we had to be licensed for yet have NEVER made over 12$ an hour. Not our fault. I was injured and now stay home with kids and earn a shit wage but it pays rent so it is what it is. Wife actually got a job that literally required no skill that paid MORE than her job as a CNA did! Pathetic truly. Lived in 3 different states and not much difference in what they paid! Again not our fault. We got skills we were just as usual screwed by capitalism and capitalists who got rich off our labor. Figure EACH resident of a nursing home pays 1500-5k a MONTH to stay there depending on its services and MOST places she worked had AT LEAST 75-150 residents and yet she brought home less than 2k a month. Slave labor,wage theft,theft of labor is what it is all the while the higher ups got RICH with their new cars 2 homes private schools etc.

and yet you decided to work in that field?

I was already trained in it. She was already trained and licensed in hers. Still is in 5 states she's licensed. We shouldn't have to change our fields because greedy assholes don't want to pay legit wages to people making THEM MUCH more money than they are being paid.

I was already trained in it. She was already trained and licensed in hers. Still is in 5 states she's licensed. We shouldn't have to change our fields because greedy assholes don't want to pay legit wages to people making THEM MUCH more money than they are being paid.
If you don't like what your worth, make some personal changes ...... It's your problem, not anyone else's....

I'll tell that to the 78 year old trying to earn some extra dough working at McDonald's..

I understand your disagreement with how renumeration is handed out for different types of jobs. What I dont understand is why you picked a low paying job to become trained in.

I changed careers to a lower paying job because it had stability, flexibility and good benefits to go along with reasonable pay. I had my eyes open, I knew I wouldnt get rich on wages alone. why did you pick a minimum wage field? there are lots of moderately paying jobs that still give you a sense of worth doing them.

Most of the people that believe all it takes to be successful is ambition and the willingness to work hard, have never faced the problems of those that can't get ahead no matter how hard they work.

They comfort themselves with the belief that failure is always a personal choice so nothing can or should be done about. These are also the same people that are so shocked when the breaking news is a young mother that killed herself and her three children out of desperation and hopelessness.

“Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes”

Also, if you live in the most powerful country in the world and your skill is one that somebody in the Phillipines can do for $2 an hour, when they get your job your problems are yours alone.

Grandpa can go GFH.

The Philippines has become the call-center capital of the world
Actually YOU can go fuck yourself. The AMERICAN company that handled our Web services moved their customer service overseas and when our contract expired I switch to a company that hires Americans.

There is no simple one size fits all solution to the minimum wage laws. State laws would certainly seem more appropriate than federal laws.
Agreed. The minimum wage here is around 8 dollars. Most fast food places & gas stores start around 10 DESPITE being able to pay less.

Also, if you live in the most powerful country in the world and your skill is one that somebody in the Phillipines can do for $2 an hour, when they get your job your problems are yours alone.

Grandpa can go GFH.

Actually YOU can go fuck yourself. The AMERICAN company that handled our Web services moved their customer service overseas and when our contract expired I switch to a company that hires Americans.
What company?

Approximately 2% of the workers are at or below minimum wage. Regardless of their education, or ambition, we still have 2% at or below minimum wage just different people. Some one always has to be at the bottom.
And that is my problem why?

Grandpa can go GFH.

What company?
I switched from Network Solutions which is a California based company who used to provide fantastic service. Then they shipped out the jobs so fuckem

Most of the people that believe all it takes to be successful is ambition and the willingness to work hard, have never faced the problems of those that can't get ahead no matter how hard they work.

They comfort themselves with the belief that failure is always a personal choice so nothing can or should be done about. These are also the same people that are so shocked when the breaking news is a young mother that killed herself and her three children out of desperation and hopelessness.

“Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes”
I have walked a mile in ALL THEIR SHOES.
I've been homeless
I've been to prison
I was given over to the state at the age of 7
I've lived in the ghetto
I've lived in drug houses

There isn't much in the way of bad luck or poor decisions I haven't experienced. Yet I was able to rise above it all because of my determination to get out of that life.

Excuses are just that....EXCUSES

Forum List

Back