If you're working for minimum wage your financial problems are yours alone

We're the wealthiest nation on earth. We can afford to be more compassionate towards our fellow Americans. Help those in need. Very few can survive on the current Minimum Wage. Let's not curse them and just throw em away. We're a better nation than that. I truly believe that.

So where does that leave the nurse who gets paid 15 bucks an hour who had to bust their ass to get it?

We should all let go of greed, envy, and bitterness. We should help each other. We're an incredibly wealthy nation. No American should have to slog along on such a low Minimum Wage. We can definitely do better for our fellow Americans. Let's do it.
I thought you said we should help each other....then you spout off on crushing people....

Which is it?

That's the devil creeping into your heart and mind. He wants you living in a state of hate and fear. When we help each other, we all gain. Only then can we truly call our nation 'Great.'

We're the wealthiest nation on earth. We can afford to be more compassionate towards our fellow Americans. Help those in need. Very few can survive on the current Minimum Wage. Let's not curse them and just throw em away. We're a better nation than that. I truly believe that.

So where does that leave the nurse who gets paid 15 bucks an hour who had to bust their ass to get it?

We should all let go of greed, envy, and bitterness. We should help each other. We're an incredibly wealthy nation. No American should have to slog along on such a low Minimum Wage. We can definitely do better for our fellow Americans. Let's do it.
I thought you said we should help each other....then you spout off on crushing people....

Which is it?

That's the devil creeping into your heart and mind. He wants you living in a state of hate and fear. When we help each other, we all gain. Only then can we truly call our nation 'Great.'

I watched what happens personally when you flood the job market with immigrants.
Machine shops in Houston went from maybe 3% hispanic to around 80% hispanic in 25 years. As a result wages went stagnant and turned a once lucrative job you could raise a family on to what you have today.
I hear liberals crying about stagnant wages all the time yet they support the very cause of them.
Just how old are you?

Your boss didn't kill your ambition.
Your boss didn't make you fail your education.
I didn't kill your ambition.
I didn't make you fail in school.

If you're an adult working for minimum wage it is YOUR irresponsible choices that led you there.
I'll tell that to the 78 year old trying to earn some extra dough working at McDonald's..
Why, he's just trying trying to supplement his retirement, not start a new career. If this 78 year can do the same as the rest if they want more wages. Sounds to Me like they have lots of time to go look for better wages.
It's not that hard, but I have met and hired people that refused to learn more, to earn more..
Yep. I have too. But remember, we're talking about a snowflake (odium) here and they're situation is more important than ours.
I wouldn't mind counseling him, but I can't teach to those not willing to be taught..

Which is it?

I watched what happens personally when you flood the job market with immigrants.
Machine shops in Houston went from maybe 3% hispanic to around 80% hispanic in 25 years. As a result wages went stagnant and turned a once lucrative job you could raise a family on to what you have today.
I hear liberals crying about stagnant wages all the time yet they support the very cause of them.
Just how old are you?
I, as a liberal have never supported illegal immigration, nor their employment...

Which is it?

Just how old are you?
I, as a liberal have never supported illegal immigration, nor their employment...

I didnt say illegal immigration.
But the fact of the matter is they had everything to do with it through way of amnesty.

When 1000 Americans line up to apply for 100 jobs at a new Walmart,

whose fault is that? The 900 Americans who won't get a job? It's somehow their fault that jobs are scarce?

Hmmm, let me think about this for a minute....Uneducated Pedro, Mariana, Shaquita and DeShawn are the only adults fighting over jobs at Walmart...they each have seven children with different baby momma's / daddy's. Their bloodlines have been over producing more of the same for years and the cycle continues...Yep, it's their faults. Think big picture for once and you'll be able to wrap your little mind around it. Jobs are like natural resources and even animals in the wild know to stop reproducing when resources are scarce. Do you get it yet?

If you're an adult working for minimum wage it is YOUR irresponsible choices that led you there.
And all the mental and physical defectives working for min wage get disability anyway, so they're good. (-:

I hear ya
I wish I could be as dumb as conservatives are. Let's see both me AND my wife have skills we had to be licensed for yet have NEVER made over 12$ an hour. Not our fault. I was injured and now stay home with kids and earn a shit wage but it pays rent so it is what it is. Wife actually got a job that literally required no skill that paid MORE than her job as a CNA did! Pathetic truly. Lived in 3 different states and not much difference in what they paid! Again not our fault. We got skills we were just as usual screwed by capitalism and capitalists who got rich off our labor. Figure EACH resident of a nursing home pays 1500-5k a MONTH to stay there depending on its services and MOST places she worked had AT LEAST 75-150 residents and yet she brought home less than 2k a month. Slave labor,wage theft,theft of labor is what it is all the while the higher ups got RICH with their new cars 2 homes private schools etc.
Most of the people that believe all it takes to be successful is ambition and the willingness to work hard, have never faced the problems of those that can't get ahead no matter how hard they work.

They comfort themselves with the belief that failure is always a personal choice so nothing can or should be done about. These are also the same people that are so shocked when the breaking news is a young mother that killed herself and her three children out of desperation and hopelessness.

“Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes”
I have walked a mile in ALL THEIR SHOES.
I've been homeless
I've been to prison
I was given over to the state at the age of 7
I've lived in the ghetto
I've lived in drug houses

There isn't much in the way of bad luck or poor decisions I haven't experienced. Yet I was able to rise above it all because of my determination to get out of that life.

Excuses are just that....EXCUSES
Guess some of us are so continually knocked down and just don't have the strength or the belief things will ever get better NO MATTER WHAT they do. By this time in my life I want to raise my kids get them hopefully off to college and then just go hide in the damn woods with my books and watch the world go by without bothering me. I am not sure WHAT it is but I have practically given up thinking I can improve MY life,my wife she has been accepted to college and is working her way through the pile of bullshit to start next fall for her RN degree and I am backing her and dealing with shit work shifts and taking on more work at home to help her. I got my CDL,got injured,then tried college and it wasn't for me I was constantly antsy and scatter brained and just wanted to get away constantly. Its like I am now I HATE staying in one place for more than a month or so at a time....not a great life for a family obviously so the urge is constantly there but so is the KNOWING that my kids need stability etc. Granted both me and the wife look back and realize we REALLY fucked up. She had a bright future ahead of her she wanted to be a chef in a big hotel or eatery etc,me I realize I should NOT have ever had kids as I am just someone who wants to be on the road 24/7. I LOVE finding books,reading books,collecting books and traveling. Mix all that together and well you get what I got now. Miserable,Depressed life I can't WAIT to escape from. Youngest is 20 months so got 16 years still....I wish more than anything I had 2 things growing up. 1. parents that actually gave a shit to push me towards higher education even if it was tech school or something and 2. a mind that didn't run 24/7 and want to escape society and just enjoy freedom.

I hear ya. Just find some good hobbies to get into. Cooking is one great hobby. Nothing like cooking your own fantastic meals. Once you get into it, it can be very fun and rewarding. It's little things that often improve quality of life. Just find a couple hobbies that make you happy. They'll get ya through all the struggles.
I read. I collect books,I love going to thrift stores and looking for new books....but with christmas and wife just getting back to work and now truck being a major POS no money to do so. Don't scoped all stores near here would like to plan trip into Georgia or Tennessee or Charlotte,NC. I wish I enjoyed going to bars and drinking to get away from all the noise but I don't. I prefer being alone reading or researching etc. Not much space or time to do that here.Oh well life goes on for now...just hope shit changes soon.

It will change. I don't know if you're spiritual or not, but i feel praying really does help. Pray together with someone you trust and love. It works. And i'm not trying to sell you anything. I have a family member who's very spiritual. But he's never pushed it on anyone.

Awhile back, i had some problems. And sometimes when talking with him on the phone, he would offer for us to pray together. At first i didn't see much point, but i tried it anyway. And as the weeks and months passed, i started realizing that things were improving quite a bit. It was crazy. I don't know if you could call it a 'Miracle', but it seemed like it to me at the time. So hang in there. Find a close friend or family member you can pray with. I truly believe positive change will happen for you.

Judging other people is your talent; is it?
How do you judge them for minimum wage?
Americans should be for Americans who want good jobs,

Also, if you live in the most powerful country in the world and your skill is one that somebody in the Phillipines can do for $2 an hour, when they get your job your problems are yours alone.
You mean like building air conditioners or Fords or Trump ties?

This is is a misguided political battle. I don't have a problem with helping up people. I just don't want to hear how it's all about their victimhood and about how it will continue as I'm doing so. People are better off helping; and the helped are better off being grateful and willing to become better persons themselves.
You write like someone has not helped that many.

If you're going to make a misguided attempt at ad hominem, at least bother to use decent grammar while you're doing it.
In English writing it is proper to underline or italicize Latin words such as ad hominem.

Which is it?

I watched what happens personally when you flood the job market with immigrants. Machine shops in Houston went from maybe 3% hispanic to around 80% hispanic in 25 years. As a result wages went stagnant and turned a once lucrative job you could raise a family on to what you have today.
Just how old are you?

You do make a valid point. But just be careful you don't allow the devil to hijack your heart and mind. You won't lose by helping your fellow Americans.

whose fault is that? The 900 Americans who won't get a job? It's somehow their fault that jobs are scarce?

You don't get it. They should have never been born. Their parents had them but couldn't raise them right...so they turned out to be qualified for only low skilled jobs.

Weak people always try to find someone ELSE to blame. People born into bad situations make good ALL THE TIME! One's station in life is 100% due to the choices he or she has made. Period.

People have life circumstances that sometimes leads to minimum wage jobs. And who's supposed to do these jobs? Someone has to do it. Working at a fast food job doesn't mean you have no ambition.

A lot of people work fast food jobs to put themselves through college or to take care fo family. Some people have a sick parent or sibling.

There are a lot of reasons why someone might work a fast food job. You need to pay them a reasonable wage.

Bull. They get paid what they are worth to the employer. Not a penny more!

Which is it?

I watched what happens personally when you flood the job market with immigrants. Machine shops in Houston went from maybe 3% hispanic to around 80% hispanic in 25 years. As a result wages went stagnant and turned a once lucrative job you could raise a family on to what you have today.
Just how old are you?

You do make a valid point. But just be careful you don't allow the devil to hijack your heart and mind. You won't lose by helping your fellow Americans.

Immigrants are not my fellow Americans. My fellow Americans got priced out of the job market by them.

The drive to pay irresponsible adults 15.00 for minimum wage will destroy jobs for future teenagers via the implementation of more automation.

Illegal aliens & dumbass liberals are going to drive away all the jobs for our kids.

A NATIONAL min wage is ridiculous. You need $50/hr to live in SF or NYC. But you only need $10/hr to live in some other areas.

If the state wants a min wage..........or a local city...........so be it. If you don't like it there then a person (or company) could move.

This seem such a simple concept? But I don't hear any big shots saying it?

What the heck is wrong with me?

It's obvious. You are simple minded. You think there are simple solutions to complex problems. Lemme guess...you voted for Trump.

You don't get it. They should have never been born. Their parents had them but couldn't raise them right...so they turned out to be qualified for only low skilled jobs.

Weak people always try to find someone ELSE to blame. People born into bad situations make good ALL THE TIME! One's station in life is 100% due to the choices he or she has made. Period.

Never thought I'd say this but you're right.

There is no simple one size fits all solution to the minimum wage laws. State laws would certainly seem more appropriate than federal laws.

Cop out.

Which is it?

Just how old are you?

Immigrants are not my fellow Americans. My fellow Americans got priced out of the job market by them.
I got the shaft big time in the early 2000's

If you live in the most powerful country in the world and your skill is one that somebody in the Philippines Mexico can do for $2 an hour, then the President-elect of the most powerful country in the world should bribe someone to keep your job here!

Forum List

Back