If you're working for minimum wage your financial problems are yours alone

We should all let go of greed, envy, and bitterness. We should help each other. We're an incredibly wealthy nation. No American should have to slog along on such a low Minimum Wage. We can definitely do better for our fellow Americans. Let's do it.
I thought you said we should help each other....then you spout off on crushing people....

Which is it?

That's the devil creeping into your heart and mind. He wants you living in a state of hate and fear. When we help each other, we all gain. Only then can we truly call our nation 'Great.'

I watched what happens personally when you flood the job market with immigrants. Machine shops in Houston went from maybe 3% hispanic to around 80% hispanic in 25 years. As a result wages went stagnant and turned a once lucrative job you could raise a family on to what you have today.
I hear liberals crying about stagnant wages all the time yet they support the very cause of them.
Just how old are you?

You do make a valid point. But just be careful you don't allow the devil to hijack your heart and mind. You won't lose by helping your fellow Americans.

Immigrants are not my fellow Americans. My fellow Americans got priced out of the job market by them.

I understand what you're saying. But keep in mind, Immigrants are human beings. Don't allow the Devil to convince you to hate them. See, the Devil's always there looking for a way into your heart and mind. But God will keep him out if you ask for his help.

I wish I could be as dumb as conservatives are. Let's see both me AND my wife have skills we had to be licensed for yet have NEVER made over 12$ an hour. Not our fault. I was injured and now stay home with kids and earn a shit wage but it pays rent so it is what it is. Wife actually got a job that literally required no skill that paid MORE than her job as a CNA did! Pathetic truly. Lived in 3 different states and not much difference in what they paid! Again not our fault. We got skills we were just as usual screwed by capitalism and capitalists who got rich off our labor. Figure EACH resident of a nursing home pays 1500-5k a MONTH to stay there depending on its services and MOST places she worked had AT LEAST 75-150 residents and yet she brought home less than 2k a month. Slave labor,wage theft,theft of labor is what it is all the while the higher ups got RICH with their new cars 2 homes private schools etc.
Most of the people that believe all it takes to be successful is ambition and the willingness to work hard, have never faced the problems of those that can't get ahead no matter how hard they work.

They comfort themselves with the belief that failure is always a personal choice so nothing can or should be done about. These are also the same people that are so shocked when the breaking news is a young mother that killed herself and her three children out of desperation and hopelessness.

“Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes”
I have walked a mile in ALL THEIR SHOES.
I've been homeless
I've been to prison
I was given over to the state at the age of 7
I've lived in the ghetto
I've lived in drug houses

There isn't much in the way of bad luck or poor decisions I haven't experienced. Yet I was able to rise above it all because of my determination to get out of that life.

Excuses are just that....EXCUSES

You are so awesome.

Do you thank us hardworking, law abiding folks for feeding you while you were being rehabilitated? Question....did you learn your trade while behind bars?

I thought you said we should help each other....then you spout off on crushing people....

Which is it?

That's the devil creeping into your heart and mind. He wants you living in a state of hate and fear. When we help each other, we all gain. Only then can we truly call our nation 'Great.'

I watched what happens personally when you flood the job market with immigrants. Machine shops in Houston went from maybe 3% hispanic to around 80% hispanic in 25 years. As a result wages went stagnant and turned a once lucrative job you could raise a family on to what you have today.
I hear liberals crying about stagnant wages all the time yet they support the very cause of them.
Just how old are you?

You do make a valid point. But just be careful you don't allow the devil to hijack your heart and mind. You won't lose by helping your fellow Americans.

Immigrants are not my fellow Americans. My fellow Americans got priced out of the job market by them.
I got the shaft big time in the early 2000's

It amazes me that some people cant grasp the law of supply and demand.

Which is it?

Just how old are you?

I understand what you're saying. But keep in mind, Immigrants are human beings. Don't allow the Devil to convince you to hate them. See, the Devil's always there looking for a way into your heart and mind. But God will keep him out if you ask for his help.

They can be humane beings in Mexico.

Just how old are you?

They should try selling weed, it's a great course in supply and demand..

We're the wealthiest nation on earth. We can afford to be more compassionate towards our fellow Americans. Help those in need. Very few can survive on the current Minimum Wage. Let's not curse them and just throw em away. We're a better nation than that. I truly believe that.

Whoa. Talk about a safe space needing hippie! What are you, some kind of Christian or something?

Last edited:
We're the wealthiest nation on earth. We can afford to be more compassionate towards our fellow Americans. Help those in need. Very few can survive on the current Minimum Wage. Let's not curse them and just throw em away. We're a better nation than that. I truly believe that.
I help plenty via charity. Forced government help NEVER fixes anything. Just look at all the great ghettos of the nation. When created they were to be a solution to a problem yet their results were much worse than the problems they were created to fix.

Help yourself before expecting others to do it for you.

You are claiming to be charitable?

Just how old are you?

I never had the balls to be a dope dealer. While the free weed was appealing jail time was less so.

Just how old are you?

They're human beings no matter which country they reside in. I think if you look at it that way, your heart will soften.

I never had the balls to be a dope dealer. While the free weed was appealing jail time was less so.
I always had a daredevil streak in me, even though I still earned money working...

Just how old are you?

They're human beings no matter which country they reside in. I think if you look at it that way, your heart will soften.

Mmmmmmmm.......Nope.

Fuck those Carrier workers. If they were responsible, motivated people, they would have acquired skills that couldn't be moved to Mexico to people who work for peanuts.

It's criminal that Trump used taxpayer money to bribe the owners to save those low-life, lazy, good-for-nothings their low skilled jobs.

Those mental midgets should pull themselves up by their own bootstraps!

Damn right!

I always had a daredevil streak in me, even though I still earned money working...

The closest I came is when me and my buddies would pitch in for a QP.

So where does that leave the nurse who gets paid 15 bucks an hour who had to bust their ass to get it?

We should all let go of greed, envy, and bitterness. We should help each other. We're an incredibly wealthy nation. No American should have to slog along on such a low Minimum Wage. We can definitely do better for our fellow Americans. Let's do it.

Which is it?

I watched what happens personally when you flood the job market with immigrants.
Machine shops in Houston went from maybe 3% hispanic to around 80% hispanic in 25 years. As a result wages went stagnant and turned a once lucrative job you could raise a family on to what you have today.
Just how old are you?

You are full of shit. You don't know anything about the effect that immigrants have on our economy. You talk in talking points.

Last edited:

Whoa. Talk about a safe space needing hippie! What are yiu, some kind of Chrisrian or something?

I am a Christian. And i got a little hippie in me too i guess.

So where does that leave the nurse who gets paid 15 bucks an hour who had to bust their ass to get it?

Which is it?

I watched what happens personally when you flood the job market with immigrants.
Machine shops in Houston went from maybe 3% hispanic to around 80% hispanic in 25 years. As a result wages went stagnant and turned a once lucrative job you could raise a family on to what you have today.
Just how old are you?

You are full of shit. You don't know anything about the effect that immigrants have in our economy. You talk in talking points.

When you watch it happen it's hardly a talking point.
It was no secret that these immigrants were willing to work for far less than their American counterparts.

When 1000 Americans line up to apply for 100 jobs at a new Walmart,

whose fault is that? The 900 Americans who won't get a job? It's somehow their fault that jobs are scarce?

You don't get it. They should have never been born. Their parents had them but couldn't raise them right...so they turned out to be qualified for only low skilled jobs.

Weak people always try to find someone ELSE to blame. People born into bad situations make good ALL THE TIME! One's station in life is 100% due to the choices he or she has made. Period.

Never thought I'd say this but you're right.

Of course. I was trying to be as stupid as I could be. That always gets nutbags to agree.

Which is it?

Just how old are you?

You are full of shit. You don't know anything about the effect that immigrants have in our economy. You talk in talking points.

When you watch it happen it's hardly a talking point.
It was no secret that these immigrants were willing to work for far less than their American counterparts.
So let's send them back to Mexico, and let them make Carrier air conditioners and Fords and Trump ties there for $2 an hour.

Fuck the Americans who are too stupid to compete with them, amiright?

This is is a misguided political battle. I don't have a problem with helping up people. I just don't want to hear how it's all about their victimhood and about how it will continue as I'm doing so. People are better off helping; and the helped are better off being grateful and willing to become better persons themselves.
You write like someone has not helped that many.

If you're going to make a misguided attempt at ad hominem, at least bother to use decent grammar while you're doing it.
In English writing it is proper to underline or italicize Latin words such as ad hominem.

Then again, it's unnecessary, much like your trite posts.

Forum List

Back