If you're working for minimum wage your financial problems are yours alone

I don't understand.....how are social services in any way connected to a private contract between two people?
rational choice theory. the right complains our poor are not really poor enough by true, third world, capital standards.
No they don't...
yes, they do.
Are you one?
i am on the left; i am liberal enough to not care how much the poor or the rich, pay in taxes.
I know, it was a rhetorical question.....

Your words give you away.....

Your boss didn't kill your ambition.
Your boss didn't make you fail your education.
I didn't kill your ambition.
I didn't make you fail in school.

If you're an adult working for minimum wage it is YOUR irresponsible choices that led you there.

I wonder GrampsM, if slavery wasn't illegal would you also be the guy making threads about how being a slave is your own damn fault?
You are a fucking idiot and I welcome the moderation. Fuck off

So you wouldn't? Right?

So there you go, you are in perfect position to understand why some wouldn't want near-slave wages to be legal.

It wouldn't matter. Many places can't get Americans to work for the minimum wage now.

Well then NOT "many-places" in America are currently employing around 8-10 million people that make under $9 an hour, how does that change the discussion?

And there are a lot of places that can't find Americans to work for that money. How many fast food restaurants do you see without a HELP WANTED sign inside and even outside of a building?

For minimum wage employers don't expect productivity...so its fair. Low productivity low wage. One works as hard as they get paid.

If you're an adult working for minimum wage it is YOUR irresponsible choices that led you there.

I wonder GrampsM, if slavery wasn't illegal would you also be the guy making threads about how being a slave is your own damn fault?

So you wouldn't? Right?

So there you go, you are in perfect position to understand why some wouldn't want near-slave wages to be legal.

It wouldn't matter. Many places can't get Americans to work for the minimum wage now.

Horse Fucking Shit!!!!

Show some kind of proof of that or STFU!

No adult american should be working for 9bucks an hour so its good to see those jobs unfilled.

Ray Americans work harder for less than anywhere in the world. And a good work ethic won't get you very far in today's america. American employers don't appreciate their best workers....they despise them with a hatred never seen before. A good worker is on the move constantly....up and gone for a better job in one day. No notice nothing.

Well I think the Chinese and Vietnamese are going to be pretty disappointed. They thought they were the ones who were working the hardest for the least pay.

When it comes to work, the road you leave is the road you make. Walk off the job without notice, and it will follow you to the next job you won't get because your previous employer relayed your work ethics to the employer you're trying to work for.

Says anyone with half a brain cell. Its good to see those jobs unfilled. If businesses struggle to fill positions that is good.

Well ray in my life I was fortunate snuff to be able to walk off of 3 jobs...right into better ones...without notice. I simply didn't show up. That was a truly truly awesome feeling. Great great great feeling. Ecstasy.

I believe in govt assistance for anyone working 40 hours per week for minimum wage. One cannot survive on that or pay a bill.

So you wouldn't? Right?

I doubt what you say but if I were in their shoes I wouldn't blame them. Did you know that in the last thirty years 86% of all the increase in wealth went to the upper 1%?

The poor bastards should either organize a union and sit down or just quit doing a damn thing. The rich can't do shit without a bunch of poor and average people working for them. Most rich people have trouble wiping their own asses.

Forum List

Back