Illegal Citizens Could Sway Elections

In terms of election integrity, voter ID laws are among the dumbest applications of energy imaginable. As the only type of fraud it can prevent is virtually non-existent.

Exactly.

In fact, Voter ID laws give the rubes a false sense of security, thus aiding and abetting the types of fraud which actually occur.

Most fraud are registration errors (ineligible folks registering to vote unknowingly), registration fraud (ineligible folks registering to vote knowingly), double voting (voting in multiple precincts) or absentee balloting fraud.

Registration is intimately linked to three of the four. Thus, it would make a hell of a lot of sense to focus our efforts there.
BINGO.

you can forge a DL and SS card but you can't forge an ID ...

RW's crack me up ..
VOTER ID ! VOTER ! ID VOTER ID!

That article is chock full of extrapolation, speculation, wild assumptions, and false premises

AKA

BULLSHIT

articles posted by RW's always have a keyword that automatically tells me all I need to know a bout their spin ...

might
could
may
possible

conjecture/speculation/bullshit.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ its who they are.

articles posted by RW's always have a keyword that automatically tells me all I need to know a bout their spin ...

might
could
may
possible

conjecture/speculation/bullshit.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ its who they are.

I wish I could thank this post twice

RW's cry wolf about NOTHING so long and so loud, nobody listens to them anymore.

Could non-citizens decide the November election - The Washington Post

So 6.3% voter fraud was estimated in 2008.

This is research by Old Dominion University.

Now, what do we want to do with this information?
Is that how the GOP won Congress this past election?

I don't know, read the article and find out.
I did read the article.

You were obviously trying to imply that Democrats win elections because of illegal aliens voting, and so I thought I would point out the Tea Party success in 2010 and the GOP taking over both houses of Congress and see how how reality conflicts with your theory.

And as I said, the article is chock full of extrapolation, speculation, wild assumptions, and false premises.

I did read the article.

You were obviously trying to imply that Democrats win elections because of illegal aliens voting, and so I thought I would point out the Tea Party success in 2010 and the GOP taking over both houses of Congress and see how how reality conflicts with your theory.

And as I said, the article is chock full of extrapolation, speculation, wild assumptions, and false premises.
Don't leave out the admitted "best guesses." However, I don't really think my state's requirement of voter ID is necessarily a bad thing. Undoubtedly the poor and old are most affected, but the White republican secretary of state is actually fairly honorable for a pol, and he's gone to lengths to get out the word as to how free IDs can be had for the asking.

If they are illegal they aren't citizens.

The source material (The Old Dominican study) doesn't use the term 'illegal'. It uses the term 'non-citizens'. The OP uses the term 'illegal', because he's intentionally trying to infer that these were illegal aliens voting. The source material never says this. And strongly suggests this isn't the case. As these folks overwhelmingly had ID. And ID generally wasn't issued to illegals in 2008.

Meaning that the non-citizens we're speaking of are almost certainly legal immigrants. Who are issued ID.
The term "non-citizens" include illegals too - beside alien residents, there green card people" - since they are non citizens.

I did read the article.

I'm trying to see where I mentioned any party. The article is based on a lot of research and it comes to conclusions based on evidence. Are you saying non-citizens are not voting? You don't see a problem with people not citizens of our country voting in our elections?

I see it as an issue and it needs fixed in two ways, first clean the voter rolls and secondly, each state give out free voter ID cards.

Just my opinion, I don't care who wins the elections, I want them clean and at this time they are not.

You can be all for illegal and fraudulent elections. Have at it.

I did read the article.

Don't leave out the admitted "best guesses." However, I don't really think my state's requirement of voter ID is necessarily a bad thing. Undoubtedly the poor and old are most affected, but the White republican secretary of state is actually fairly honorable for a pol, and he's gone to lengths to get out the word as to how free IDs can be had for the asking.

The states must work to get every eligible voter a free ID to be able to vote.

Forum List

Back