Illinois Becomes Latest US State To Ban Assault Weapons

So what makes it too little too late?
And if so, why push for more laws that are too little and too late?
I have no 'direct' answers to America's gun problems.

I have some indirect suggestions such as ending the culture of wars, which can be discussed if anybody shows an interest. That 'will' include mention of assault weapons and handguns.

Too little too late because the bad guys with guns who take their guns to school, will come from the ranks of the good guys who are being allowed to keep their assault weapons.

The next mass shooter is already at a range shooting at human silouette targets.
You like kids being murdered in schools.

Man you must be a criminal loving America hating sob!
No, I'm a Canadian and we have a much better and more efficient prison system.

You've at least inferred that you would like to see better outcomes in America's system.

Ask me how we accomplish that!

Any state that voted for people to take away their 2A rights should have the rest taken away as well. Specifically the right to vote. Along with that they lose all congress and senate members.

Nine states as well as D.C. now prohibit the sale or possession of assault weapons. Illinois joins California, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and New York.

Just hours after the legislation's passage in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly, Gov. J.B. Pritzker signed the "Protect Illinois Communities Act" into law during a ceremony at the State Capitol in Springfield. Supporters, some of whom were gun violence survivors, erupted with applause and cheers as the governor presented the signed document.

The new law bans assault weapons, including some semiautomatic firearms, along with high-capacity magazines and rapid-firing devices.

[snip]

According to the Illinois State Rifle Association, the ban affects nearly 2.5 million legal firearm owners in the state.

"Challenge accepted," ISRA executive director Richard A Pearson said in a statement Tuesday, in response to the ban. "The Illinois State Rifle Association will see the State of Illinois in court."

If you are curious to know the specific weapons banned, go here: These are the guns and attachments affected by the assault weapon ban in Illinois

The law will allow gun owners to keep the guns they have now, but will require them to register them with the state.

This is why our county in Ill voted to be a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary county.

Any state that voted for people to take away their 2A rights should have the rest taken away as well. Specifically the right to vote. Along with that they lose all congress and senate members.

We did not vote for this.

Too little too late because the bad guys with guns who take their guns to school, will come from the ranks of the good guys who are being allowed to keep their assault weapons.

The next mass shooter is already at a range shooting at human silouette targets.
The next mass shooter is some lunatic that down't give a shit bout any law. Or maybe a Muslim who thinks he is getting is 87 virgins. Of course more likely it is some Black or Hispanic gang member because that is where most of the "mass" shooting in the US takes place. A gang member shooting up another gang.

No, I'm a Canadian and we have a much better and more efficient prison system.

You've at least inferred that you would like to see better outcomes in America's system.

Ask me how we accomplish that!
Then you must hate Americans or you'd keep your sorry hide out of our business. No wonder you're a howler.

Here is an example of the letters that many of the Sheriffs in the state are putting out.

In other words "fuck you Moon Bat and the horse you rode in on".

325286815_1529959100839475_1900004673619-2668566.jpg

Boy is it nice to live in a state where we don't have to worry about such things.

If you own an AR15 in Illinois...feel free to move to Missouri...we'd love to have ya.

Forum List

Back