🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Illinois governor strikes blow for taxapyers...q

[

Obviously the psychological therapy didn't work...I guess they figured they'd cut their loses

Nope. What they figured was that 20 year olds would work for less and have less medical problems.

Your medical problems ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

No, my medical problems are the responsibility of insurance that I WORKED FOR.

That's my point. I worked for this company because it had insurance. And I paid the extra premium to get the Point of Service plan instead of the Crappy HMO plan.

Now, True, we could be like every other civilized country and have single payer, but the insurance companies INSIST we can't get by without them.

If that's the case, make them live up to their promises. Or get rid of them.

Nope. What they figured was that 20 year olds would work for less and have less medical problems.

That's my point. I worked for this company because it had insurance. And I paid the extra premium to get the Point of Service plan instead of the Crappy HMO plan.

Now, True, we could be like every other civilized country and have single payer, but the insurance companies INSIST we can't get by without them.

NO, your claims are the responsibility of the insurance carrier UNDER THAT CONTRACT.
Seek a better contract and if you failed to that is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
NO cry babies.
Not my fault you had a dumbass union rep that failed to explain the contract to you.
Imagine that.

Great dodge Joe. Saw many like you in my day, we called them water bugs they were so quick.
YOU CLAIM I DO NOT WORK.
I have never advocated anyone "getting screwed".
Counting 1008 times now you have stated "plutocracy"
And counting.
The good communist that you are forces you to.
Admit that I work harder than you everyday, all day and all the time and maybe, just maybe I will give you a break.
I am your worst night mare Joe. I state how big a fraud you are on this issue that YOU and only people that work for someone else "work".
Admit it, be a man, step up to the plate, get it off your chest.
It will make you feel better for you to get rid of the bitterness, envy and jealousy that is so obvious in your posts.

Guy, it isn't about jealousy at all. I really don't give a fuck how many hours you put in or how many ambulances you chase finding poor unfortunates.

So you managed to find disguntled ex-employees to badmouth their boss, and you think that's a good thing. I guess disguntled ex-employees are a great thing if you can make a commission off of finding them. Otherwise, in your view, they'd be "bitter" and "Envious" and "jealous" of Dr. Quack because he's making money and they aren't.

Frankly, seeing dental work in the South, I kind of suspect that's the norm.

You seem to think it's okay for employers to screw employees in search of the almighty buck.

And frankly, I don't care if you are passing out meals to old people when you aren't here, when you are here, this is what you advocate.

Thankfully, the voters are seeing through it. Your time is limited.

Did your insurance company pay for your treatment?

Were you released from your job because you were unable to perform your work? I ask because an employer cannot be expected to retain an individual if he can't work.

[

NO, your claims are the responsibility of the insurance carrier UNDER THAT CONTRACT.
Seek a better contract and if you failed to that is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
NO cry babies.
Not my fault you had a dumbass union rep that failed to explain the contract to you.
Imagine that.

If I belonged to a union, this wouldn't be an issue. My brother had a heart attack a couple weeks ago, and the Union Medical plan is taking caer of him just fine. Just like the same plan took care of my dad 30 years ago.

I had a private company insurance, and what they did was actually illegal. In fact, they paid me a pretty big bribe to NOT sue them.

I kind of wish I had now.

And I'm sure you have a lambourgini and a 12 inch penis. Everyone can be AWESOME on the internets...

Go away... you bore me, son!

OK so everyone who owns a business is now a douche bag and a liar.

BTW I happen to drive Ford truck and if you want to see my penis you'll have to buy me a drink first.

But you really should seek help for your envy disorder.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/stop-walking-eggshells/201112/envy-part-the-definition-narcisistic-personality-disorder

Envy is at the core of my being: seething, foaming-at-the-mouth, destructive, morbid, and potent. I envy other people's happiness, possessions, accomplishments, status, spot in the limelight, contacts, you name it. I disguise my envy. I rationalize and intellectualize it. I do my utmost to ruin the source of my frustration while pretending to be his or her friend. I lie sleepless at night, rebelling impotently against the injustice of it all, that any one should surpass me, perfect as I am.

Last edited:

Were you released from your job because you were unable to perform your work? I ask because an employer cannot be expected to retain an individual if he can't work.

What, you are actually ASKING now? Why not just make some more assumptions so you can feel better about yourself?

Nope, I was not released because I was unable to perform work. IN fact, my lost time from the two operations was only about 8 days over a one year period. They owed me three times that amount in sick days and twice that in vacation. Prior to that, I had only taken two sick days in five years.

Nor did it really have any effect on my workload. True, there was a while where I required a walker, but my ability to do my job (which was mostly computer work) was unaffected.

In fact, they waited until I was fully recovered to let me go, because if they had let me go when I was still using the walker, I'd have probably sued their asses under the ADA.

Again, should have seen this coming, becuase he fired girls when they got pregnant, and people with work related injuries were let go as soon as they recovered. I should have realized what I was dealing with.

Long story short, the aforementioned 20 million dollar account was lost. Most of the people associated with it quit, I expressed an interest in staying on, but they put me in a bullshit position that was an insult to my background. When I failed to quit on my own after that, they waited until I was fully enough recovered, and let me go with a "please don't sue us" bribe.

And I'm sure you have a lambourgini and a 12 inch penis. Everyone can be AWESOME on the internets...

BTW I happen to drive Ford truck and if you want to see my penis you'll have to buy me a drink first.

]

Why? Don't envy the rich.

I just want to make them behave themselves...

Or else.

What, you are actually ASKING now? Why not just make some more assumptions so you can feel better about yourself?

Nope, I was not released because I was unable to perform work. IN fact, my lost time from the two operations was only about 8 days over a one year period. They owed me three times that amount in sick days and twice that in vacation. Prior to that, I had only taken two sick days in five years.

Nor did it really have any effect on my workload. True, there was a while where I required a walker, but my ability to do my job (which was mostly computer work) was unaffected.

In fact, they waited until I was fully recovered to let me go, because if they had let me go when I was still using the walker, I'd have probably sued their asses under the ADA.

Again, should have seen this coming, becuase he fired girls when they got pregnant, and people with work related injuries were let go as soon as they recovered. I should have realized what I was dealing with.

Long story short, the aforementioned 20 million dollar account was lost. Most of the people associated with it quit, I expressed an interest in staying on, but they put me in a bullshit position that was an insult to my background. When I failed to quit on my own after that, they waited until I was fully enough recovered, and let me go with a "please don't sue us" bribe.
So I assume your medical bills were covered and you stayed on until you were healed. They gave you severance pay and terminated you. They had no obligation to employ you in perpetuity Get over it.

]

Or else.

Denial

It's not just a river in Egypt.

So I assume your medical bills were covered and you stayed on until you were healed. They gave you severance pay and terminated you. They had no obligation to employ you in perpetuity Get over it.

Why would that be a bad thing?

Frankly, when I was growing up, my parents generation worked for the same companies their whole lives from when they got back from WWII until they retired. As long as they did the job.

The notion, "Hey, this guy might have medical issues... let's fire him." is not only wrong, it's kind of cruel.

BUt it's what happens in a society that worships greed.

Like I said, we had a vote on it on Nov. 6. Guess who lost?

]

Or else.

Denial

Nope...

Deflection- It's not about defending a point.

Do you really think it's okay to fire people when they get sick?Because if you do, I would say a prayer for your soul if I believed in Sky Pixies...

"make more assumptions"
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
That is ALL YOU EVER DO JOE!
You sit on your ivory tower and ASSUME no one else works unless they have a hammer in their hand.
Hypocrit.

Or else.

Denial

Nope...

Do you really think it's okay to fire people when they get sick?Because if you do, I would say a prayer for your soul if I believed in Sky Pixies...

If you're so sick you can't do your job what is an employer supposed to do keep paying you?

Apply for disability or better yet get a private disability policy.

Denial

Nope...

If you're so sick you can't do your job what is an employer supposed to do keep paying you?

Again, not what happened here. Besides the fact the illness had MINIMAL impact on my ability to work.

I - and others- were let go not because we were unable to work, but because we cost the company's insurance carrier too much money. Or had the potential to, as in the case of the two pregnant gals he fired.

Nope...

Again, not what happened here. Besides the fact the illness had MINIMAL impact on my ability to work.

I - and others- were let go not because we were unable to work, but because we cost the company's insurance carrier too much money. Or had the potential to, as in the case of the two pregnant gals he fired.

Tell me how much did you pay towards your health insurance.

A company can change benefits whenever it wants for whatever reason and if you were actually fired because you were sick you might have cause to sue but you said yourself that you settled so you accepted compensation for your termination.

Case closed but now you want to whine about it and call every business owner an asshole because you settled for a payout that you're not happy with.

No matter how you slice it you are not free from culpability here.

After completely reading all 8 pages of this thread, I must award the title of best argument to thereisnospoon.

Sorry Joe, but your entitlement mentality really shines through your posts. I can understand you've had a rough work history, and you seem like a very hard worker; but our own fate is ultimately our own responsibility.

And while I don't agree with exploiting workers, I don't believe Unions are fixing the problem; let alone making things any better.

Henry Ford figured out that for a business to thrive, employees should be cared for and respected. I don't remember there being Unions around at that time.. We don't need Unions now, we need more Henry Fords.

Yup. Good post and I agree.

No one is entitled to anything and you are what you make of yourself.

I've worked for several Unions. We didn't work harder than anyone else. In fact if we couldn't do our jobs because of equipment malfunition we sat around till our machines were fixed. We got payed to do nothing because doing something else wasn't the union way.

Ford payed higher wages than anyone and was rightly angry when his workers decided to go Union.

We can all see what Unions have done for the Auto Industry.

Because, they in the end, they are all douchebags.

That's why we need unions, and strong worker protection laws.

Give someone a little power, and their inner douchebag comes out.

Now, seriously, I know that you need to lick the man's boots, but at the end of the day, you're still the hired help.

No...YOU need a union. You need a collective to look after you because you know your inadequecies tell you that you are a victim in perpetuity.

Here we go with the perceived promises again. Who told you "worked for" insurance? The way it works is employers provide access to gvroup plans as a fringe benefit presumably to attract better applicants. Employer provided health insurance is NOT an entitlement. Nor is use of saidx insurance an unlimited benefit.

Tell me how much did you pay towards your health insurance.

A company can change benefits whenever it wants for whatever reason and if you were actually fired because you were sick you might have cause to sue but you said yourself that you settled so you accepted compensation for your termination.

Case closed but now you want to whine about it and call every business owner an asshole because you settled for a payout that you're not happy with.

No matter how you slice it you are not free from culpability here.

I made the best of a bad situation. Doesn't mean the assholes who did it weren't completely fucking evil in any moral universe.

Just because I didn't go through the painful route of suing doesn't mean that what they did was okay, or that I really should keep supporting the enemy.

Forum List

Back