🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Illinois governor strikes blow for taxapyers...q

Jesus, I didn't think most of you were stupid enough to take the bait... but you all went there.

Republicans- not understanding most people don't like heartless assholes.

That's why you lost.

Free shit is what beat us.
How heartless is it to give someone something for nothing?
Worst possible thing you could do to someone.

Guy, there isn't a person on welfare that wouldn't rather have a job, and most of the "free" stuff goes to people who work.

40% of Food Stamp Recipients have someone in the family with a job. So are most people on MediCaid.

The problem is, with all the right to work and at will employment bullshit, you pretty much iniated a race to the bottom on wages. So guys who fathers were self-sufficient now have to look to the government for help.

And then they totally vote for more of that shit.

You people did this to yourselves.

My neighbor's daughter is 21, 3 kids age 3, 18 months and 4 months.
The father of those kids is a local con.
She draws welfare.
And you claim she would rather work.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
You are beyond naive and gullible Joe. Most folks on welfare are there BECAUSE THEY CHOOSE TO BE through their bad choices from age 18.

By terminating state public employee union deal with AFSCME..
It's about time. And this from a liberal democrat governor.
Governor cancels deal with AFSCME
Quinn cancels contract with state
This further bolsters the fact that public employee union deals are no longer sustainable.
It is time to rein in these unions and quite possibly get rid of them entirely.
A democrat governor in a heavily liberal state has no doubt sent shock waves through the rest of the big union states where unions have driven up the cost of state and local government.
It is apparent that Governor Quinn is though worrying about whether union members will have his back come next election. He has done the right thing and drawn a line in the sand for all Illinois taxpayers.

Yep, the sooner he gets them on food stamps, the better.

WHY don't you idiot rw's ever THINK????????

Tell me how much did you pay towards your health insurance.

A company can change benefits whenever it wants for whatever reason and if you were actually fired because you were sick you might have cause to sue but you said yourself that you settled so you accepted compensation for your termination.

Case closed but now you want to whine about it and call every business owner an asshole because you settled for a payout that you're not happy with.

No matter how you slice it you are not free from culpability here.

I made the best of a bad situation. Doesn't mean the assholes who did it weren't completely fucking evil in any moral universe.

Just because I didn't go through the painful route of suing doesn't mean that what they did was okay, or that I really should keep supporting the enemy.

SO you chose not to fight this injustice done to you? You are aware that most attorneys litigate these cases on a contingency basis, yes?
I believe there are details being left out for a purpose only you would know. I believe you were terminated for cause.

[

NO, your claims are the responsibility of the insurance carrier UNDER THAT CONTRACT.
Seek a better contract and if you failed to that is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
NO cry babies.
Not my fault you had a dumbass union rep that failed to explain the contract to you.
Imagine that.

If I belonged to a union, this wouldn't be an issue. My brother had a heart attack a couple weeks ago, and the Union Medical plan is taking caer of him just fine. Just like the same plan took care of my dad 30 years ago.

I had a private company insurance, and what they did was actually illegal. In fact, they paid me a pretty big bribe to NOT sue them.

I kind of wish I had now.

Medical plans which are no longer sustainable. Which is precisely why unions have been beaten back to the point where they represent just under 7% of private sector workers.
Unions pretty much demanded and priced themselves out of existence.
Tell ya what, if the unions are so great, why don't union bosses fund the medical insurance and pension plans themselves?

[

Obama was as much a part of it as Bush, he voted for TARP as a senator and he doled out the money as president, and yes he did force banks that did not want or need the money to take our money..understand?

"Oh, you mean old Government people, making us take funds we don't need. Oh... we'd much rather go bankrupt!"

Come on, do you hear yourself half the time?

I'm not sure what youwere doing in Sept. 2008, but I remember that everyone was in a complete panic because Bear-Sterns collapsed and AIG and Morgan-Stanley looked like they were about to.

I give Bush and Obama credit for taking the leadership to prevent the Great Recession turning into the Greater Depression. He probably saved the Republican Party that day.

You’re just criticized Bush for TARP now you praise him for it you're a confused ..Part of your psychosis

[

NO, your claims are the responsibility of the insurance carrier UNDER THAT CONTRACT.
NO cry babies.
Not my fault you had a dumbass union rep that failed to explain the contract to you.
Imagine that.

If I belonged to a union, this wouldn't be an issue. My brother had a heart attack a couple weeks ago, and the Union Medical plan is taking caer of him just fine. Just like the same plan took care of my dad 30 years ago.

I had a private company insurance, and what they did was actually illegal. In fact, they paid me a pretty big bribe to NOT sue them.

Medical plans which are no longer sustainable. Which is precisely why unions have been beaten back to the point where they represent just under 7% of private sector workers.
Tell ya what, if the unions are so great, why don't union bosses fund the medical insurance and pension plans themselves?

Everyone will be on Obamacare eventually they won't have to worry about their union medical insurance

After completely reading all 8 pages of this thread, I must award the title of best argument to thereisnospoon.

Sorry Joe, but your entitlement mentality really shines through your posts. I can understand you've had a rough work history, and you seem like a very hard worker; but our own fate is ultimately our own responsibility.

And while I don't agree with exploiting workers, I don't believe Unions are fixing the problem; let alone making things any better.

Henry Ford figured out that for a business to thrive, employees should be cared for and respected. I don't remember there being Unions around at that time.. We don't need Unions now, we need more Henry Fords.

Yup. Good post and I agree.

No one is entitled to anything and you are what you make of yourself.

I've worked for several Unions. We didn't work harder than anyone else. In fact if we couldn't do our jobs because of equipment malfunition we sat around till our machines were fixed. We got payed to do nothing because doing something else wasn't the union way.

Ford payed higher wages than anyone and was rightly angry when his workers decided to go Union.

We can all see what Unions have done for the Auto Industry.

Oh yeah.. I hated that stupid crap. In the NYC public schools, if a light bulb burns out, no one may change the bulb except a custodian. A LIGHT BULB!!!
Also same place. If a school building is needed to be opened on the weekend, no one may open the school building except a custodian. They are then paid for 8 hours at time and a half even though they do not have to remain on site. All they have to do is go back to the building, turn off the lights( no one except the custodians may turn on or turn off light switches) and lock the building.
I was out at the Lufthansa Cargo facility at JFK Airport waiting to pick up a package.
What I saw out on the tarmac was the most wasteful and inefficient process.
This plane pulls up to be unloaded.
A special person is driven out to the plane to open the cargo bay doors. No one else may do this. If the guy is out to lunch, on his break everyone has to wait. Time ticks by.
Oh, just to clarify. I was chatting with one of the US Customs Agents and he was telling me what was going on.
Anyway, the next thing is this guy takes a forklift to unload the containers. He drives them to a yellow line where he drops them on the tarmac. Next another guy, not the one that opened the doors to the plane, but another guy, I figured this was US Customs, I was correct, has to open each container. BUT he cannot open it without the ground worker who is part of the same crew that uses the big forklifts. SO they walk out and open each container. Then another guy with a smaller forklift unloads the containers. He drives the pallets to another yellow line closer to the conveyor belts that move the packages into the warehouse where they are stored in the Secured Customs cage.
SO the big forklift guy cannot operate the small forklift. That had to be done by the small forklift guy. The entire operation left me scratching my head. Why use all these people to do a job that half the people used could get done?
These are examples of unions creating and demanding inefficiency in the name of "job security".

[You've done little but shrick personal responsibility and demand others provide for your every need. If that's not demanding free stuff then I don't know what is. Anyway, you are definitely voting Dem with your victim mentality. That much is a given.

Where Have I demanded ANYONE provide for my needs?

I paid into an insurance policy. My employer paid into it as a condition of my employment.

And they broke the law by firing me under the circumstances they did.

Now, if you want to complain about someone getting free stuff, maybe you should talk to the bankers who DEMANDED 700 billion in bailouts, and then said they were still entitled to their bonuses after crashing their companies.

That's an "entitlement" mentality, in case you were confused on the issue.

Stop covering your weak argument with non sequiturs. The bank bailouts are not pertinent to the discussion.
If your former employer truly broke the law, you would have challenged the termination.
You know they had disciplinary stuff on you. Come on, just admit it.
Oh...Just to clear up something. You do not "pay into" an insurance policy. You pay premiums to the insurance company uses to disburse in claims for those who incurred losses.
Did you ever read the language of your policy? Were you not aware the possibility that your employer coverage had limits of benefits? Most health, auto and home policies have coverage limits.
You may not demand free shit, but you would take it if it was not you paying for them.
All union people have the entitlement mentality. After all, what is a request by a union most commonly referred to as? A "DEMAND".

Yup, how dare those state workers keep their middle class lifestyle when the private sector didn't.

I am always amused how conservatives vilify unions.

Let's be honest what happened here. Once upon a time, the private sector had good wages because of unionization or the threat of unionization. The Wealthy paid a healthy share of the taxes, as they should. There were tariffs in place that protected our industries (vital to our national defense and economy) from unfair foreign competition. You had a vibrant middle class, Mom could stay home with the kids while Dad worked, people could enjoy vacations.

Then these idiots went along with the Plutocrat's oky-dokes.

"Give up your unions, and your right to collectively bargain. We’ll recognize you for your hard work and merit. We’ll use nice sounding terms like ‘right to work’ and ‘At Will employment’ to describe this."

"Dooooooy, Oky-doke!" said the middle class.

So they find themselves working harder for less money, and eventually get put out on the street at 50 because the company can always find someone younger who'll work cheaper.

“Give up your Union Medical Plans, and go with these company Medical Plans instead!”

“Dooooy, Oky-doke”

They find themselves paying more every year for plans that cover less and less. HMO stands for Horrible Medical Options. And if they got too sick, they found they were usually the first to be let go during a downsizing.

"Give up your pensions, we'll let you get in on the Wall Street fun with something called a 401K. Then you can borrow against the value of a home you already paid off! Trust us!"

"Dooooy, Oky-Doke"

Now they find themselves with a busted 401K, an underwater mortgage in foreclosure AND no hope of ever actually retiring. Meanwhile the fat cats on Wall Street and the banks got a government bailout they paid for, and paid themselves bonuses out of it.

"Hey, hey, you know, we can get more business opportunities if we sign this free trade bill with third world rat-holes that don't have the safety, environmental and work rules we have."

"Doooooy, Oky-Doke"

And they act all surprise when the manufacturing jobs go to China, and the Customer Service jobs go to India, and when their POS Chinese made computer breaks down, they can call to Pradip… er, “Bobby” about how to fix it, but he doesn't understand English.

"Hey, let's give tax cuts to rich people!"

"Doooy, Oky-Doke!"

Oh, that means we increase taxes on working people. SUCKERS!!!

And of course, if someone might actually figure out that they’ve been had, we can distract them by talking about gay marriage, abortion, guns or some other issue that gets their blood boiling for no good reason.

The ironic thing is that the GOP has engaged in this obscene transfer of wealth, but instead of being angry at the people who perpetrated it, we are angry at the people in the unions who DIDN'T FALL FOR IT.

In short, someone burns down your house, and instead of wanting to punish the arsonist, you want them to burn down your neighbor's house instead.

"DOOOOOY, Oky-doke"
Nice theory. We're middle class. The wife's 410k is fine and the moderately priced home we live in is right side up in the loan..
Wanna know why? We do not live beyond our means. We never needed the permission of a labor collective to branch out into other careers. We can shop and dine where we wish.
Tariffs? Trade wars are stupid. Nobody wins. Oh, remember, free trade was a bi-partisan idea. Look to your federal government to place the blame for that piece of shit.
The housing market? Look no further than your federal government to place blame for policies that created that piece of shit.

Look, the public worker unions were fine until the union leadership went political. They discovered they could enrich themselves under the guise of protecting government employees. The union bosses used their powerful influence to steer legislation that gave huge advatanges to union members. Soon after taxes began to rise at alarming rates.
Why? Because for every favor a politician did for a union, the union promised the politician unwavering support for their next campaign. In some states, property tax rates would rise as much as 20% in a single year. Check nj.com and other sources. It got so bad for example, New Jersey had to rescue taxpayers by enacting a 2% annual tax levy cap. DO you know who screamed the loudest in protest against the skullduggery? The fucking public employee unions. They screamed "what about our raises?!!!!" What about our pensions, they hollered...Raises? Pensions? WHAT?!!! People were being taxed out of their homes because the answer to the question from the politicians to the union bosses was, umm we will make sure you get your people their increases in the next contract, but we have to ask, where do we get the money from to pay for this?...The union bosses advised them to simply raise taxes.
When even the most pro union of politicians saw the mass exodus of wealth from these big union states, NJ for example, they panicked. Uh oh....The residents are pissed!!!!
Instead of tempering their demands, unions pushed for more. The situation came to a head. The greed of unions cooked their goose. And now reality has set it. The gravy train ride is OVER.
This is only the beginning and it is not going to stop. 22 states are right to work. Indiana made 23 this year. There are several states in which public workers may join unions but do not have the right to collectively bargain for wages or benefits. Wisconsin in part joined their ranks this year. Ironically those states have among the lowest property tax rates in the country. And people are flocking to those places.
In California, the voters went the opposite way. They voted themselves a huge tax increase. California has a $16B budget deficit and over $500B in unfunded pension obligations. The state is essentially broke. Four large cities including Bakersfield, Stockton and Fresno have declared bankruptcy.
Face it. It's done. And there is nothing you can do about it. Your(unions) time has passed.
Unions failed to modernize their thinking. Unions continue to operate as though it were 1950. That is their downfall.

BTW, Fresno is my home town and i live in Bakersfield. Neither has filed bankruptcy. Get your facts straight, schmuck.

Where Have I demanded ANYONE provide for my needs?

I paid into an insurance policy. My employer paid into it as a condition of my employment.

And they broke the law by firing me under the circumstances they did.

Now, if you want to complain about someone getting free stuff, maybe you should talk to the bankers who DEMANDED 700 billion in bailouts, and then said they were still entitled to their bonuses after crashing their companies.

That's an "entitlement" mentality, in case you were confused on the issue.

Bankers can't "demand" anything some of those banks were forced by the Obama administration to take the money. Get your facts straight loon

First, TARP was approved by the Bush Administration, not Obama.

Second- and more importantly- the Banksters were the ones who went hat in hand to the government, not the other way around.

But they still totally deserved their bonuses, yes indeedy.
TARP was a bad idea. However, had the banks not received the infusion of cash, the potential threat to the US Financial system could have been disastrous.
At the end, ALL of the money was paid back with interest. In some cases it was returned early. Now the Obama admin insisted the banks pay the money back in the time given. The banks recovering first paid it back early anyway.
TARP was actually approved by Congress. The DEMOCRAT controlled Congress. OOPS.

Yup, how dare those state workers keep their middle class lifestyle when the private sector didn't.

Let's be honest what happened here. Once upon a time, the private sector had good wages because of unionization or the threat of unionization. The Wealthy paid a healthy share of the taxes, as they should. There were tariffs in place that protected our industries (vital to our national defense and economy) from unfair foreign competition. You had a vibrant middle class, Mom could stay home with the kids while Dad worked, people could enjoy vacations.

"Give up your unions, and your right to collectively bargain. We’ll recognize you for your hard work and merit. We’ll use nice sounding terms like ‘right to work’ and ‘At Will employment’ to describe this."

So they find themselves working harder for less money, and eventually get put out on the street at 50 because the company can always find someone younger who'll work cheaper.

“Give up your Union Medical Plans, and go with these company Medical Plans instead!”

“Dooooy, Oky-doke”

They find themselves paying more every year for plans that cover less and less. HMO stands for Horrible Medical Options. And if they got too sick, they found they were usually the first to be let go during a downsizing.

"Give up your pensions, we'll let you get in on the Wall Street fun with something called a 401K. Then you can borrow against the value of a home you already paid off! Trust us!"

"Dooooy, Oky-Doke"

Now they find themselves with a busted 401K, an underwater mortgage in foreclosure AND no hope of ever actually retiring. Meanwhile the fat cats on Wall Street and the banks got a government bailout they paid for, and paid themselves bonuses out of it.

"Hey, hey, you know, we can get more business opportunities if we sign this free trade bill with third world rat-holes that don't have the safety, environmental and work rules we have."

"Doooooy, Oky-Doke"

And they act all surprise when the manufacturing jobs go to China, and the Customer Service jobs go to India, and when their POS Chinese made computer breaks down, they can call to Pradip… er, “Bobby” about how to fix it, but he doesn't understand English.

"Doooy, Oky-Doke!"

And of course, if someone might actually figure out that they’ve been had, we can distract them by talking about gay marriage, abortion, guns or some other issue that gets their blood boiling for no good reason.

The ironic thing is that the GOP has engaged in this obscene transfer of wealth, but instead of being angry at the people who perpetrated it, we are angry at the people in the unions who DIDN'T FALL FOR IT.

In short, someone burns down your house, and instead of wanting to punish the arsonist, you want them to burn down your neighbor's house instead.

"DOOOOOY, Oky-doke"
Nice theory. We're middle class. The wife's 410k is fine and the moderately priced home we live in is right side up in the loan..
Wanna know why? We do not live beyond our means. We never needed the permission of a labor collective to branch out into other careers. We can shop and dine where we wish.
Tariffs? Trade wars are stupid. Nobody wins. Oh, remember, free trade was a bi-partisan idea. Look to your federal government to place the blame for that piece of shit.
The housing market? Look no further than your federal government to place blame for policies that created that piece of shit.

Look, the public worker unions were fine until the union leadership went political. They discovered they could enrich themselves under the guise of protecting government employees. The union bosses used their powerful influence to steer legislation that gave huge advatanges to union members. Soon after taxes began to rise at alarming rates.
Why? Because for every favor a politician did for a union, the union promised the politician unwavering support for their next campaign. In some states, property tax rates would rise as much as 20% in a single year. Check nj.com and other sources. It got so bad for example, New Jersey had to rescue taxpayers by enacting a 2% annual tax levy cap. DO you know who screamed the loudest in protest against the skullduggery? The fucking public employee unions. They screamed "what about our raises?!!!!" What about our pensions, they hollered...Raises? Pensions? WHAT?!!! People were being taxed out of their homes because the answer to the question from the politicians to the union bosses was, umm we will make sure you get your people their increases in the next contract, but we have to ask, where do we get the money from to pay for this?...The union bosses advised them to simply raise taxes.
When even the most pro union of politicians saw the mass exodus of wealth from these big union states, NJ for example, they panicked. Uh oh....The residents are pissed!!!!
Instead of tempering their demands, unions pushed for more. The situation came to a head. The greed of unions cooked their goose. And now reality has set it. The gravy train ride is OVER.
This is only the beginning and it is not going to stop. 22 states are right to work. Indiana made 23 this year. There are several states in which public workers may join unions but do not have the right to collectively bargain for wages or benefits. Wisconsin in part joined their ranks this year. Ironically those states have among the lowest property tax rates in the country. And people are flocking to those places.
In California, the voters went the opposite way. They voted themselves a huge tax increase. California has a $16B budget deficit and over $500B in unfunded pension obligations. The state is essentially broke. Four large cities including Bakersfield, Stockton and Fresno have declared bankruptcy.
Face it. It's done. And there is nothing you can do about it. Your(unions) time has passed.
Unions failed to modernize their thinking. Unions continue to operate as though it were 1950. That is their downfall.

BTW, Fresno is my home town and i live in Bakersfield. Neither has filed bankruptcy. Get your facts straight, schmuck.
Hey you're right! It is Stockton, Mammoth Lakes and San Bernardino...
I stand corrected. However, the point is made and confirmed. Same difference.
Moody's: More Calif. cities could go bankrupt - CBS News...
According to the story a Spokesperson for the City of San Jose, states that city may also be forced to file for bankruptcy. Oh and the Orange County, CA government filed for bankruptcy in 1994.
SO there ya go .......You were saying?

“Dooooy, Oky-doke”

"Dooooy, Oky-Doke"

"Doooooy, Oky-Doke"

"Doooy, Oky-Doke!"

"DOOOOOY, Oky-doke"

Dick.

Everyone will be on Obamacare eventually they won't have to worry about their union medical insurance

I am waiting to see if the government allows those 200 plus unions which have applied for waivers from Obamacare will actually get them.

By terminating state public employee union deal with AFSCME..
It's about time. And this from a liberal democrat governor.
Governor cancels deal with AFSCME
Quinn cancels contract with state
This further bolsters the fact that public employee union deals are no longer sustainable.
It is time to rein in these unions and quite possibly get rid of them entirely.
A democrat governor in a heavily liberal state has no doubt sent shock waves through the rest of the big union states where unions have driven up the cost of state and local government.
It is apparent that Governor Quinn is though worrying about whether union members will have his back come next election. He has done the right thing and drawn a line in the sand for all Illinois taxpayers.

Yep, the sooner he gets them on food stamps, the better.

WHY don't you idiot rw's ever THINK????????

Oh no....The reason given for paying these government workers those high wages is because they are the best and the brightest. Therefore they should no problems finding work in the private sector. So you are not to worry.
Look, if these people are discharged from public service it is because their jobs were most likely in the category of "non essential" or their function was redundant, were not needed anyway.
Any time government is downsized to the point of efficiency and lowered cost to the taxpayer, it is a GOOD thing.

[

My neighbor's daughter is 21, 3 kids age 3, 18 months and 4 months.
The father of those kids is a local con.
She draws welfare.
And you claim she would rather work.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
You are beyond naive and gullible Joe. Most folks on welfare are there BECAUSE THEY CHOOSE TO BE through their bad choices from age 18.

How can you be SOOOOOOOO successful and have such lowlife neighbors?

Again, man, you guys blew those racial dogwhistles, blew them really hard, and people rejected you.

[
TARP was a bad idea. However, had the banks not received the infusion of cash, the potential threat to the US Financial system could have been disastrous.
At the end, ALL of the money was paid back with interest. In some cases it was returned early. Now the Obama admin insisted the banks pay the money back in the time given. The banks recovering first paid it back early anyway.
TARP was actually approved by Congress. The DEMOCRAT controlled Congress. OOPS.

TARP was an okay idea, but there should have been prosecutions of the banksters who fucked it up to start with.

Oh, by the way, the way the Banksters "paid it back" was by putting the squeeze on their customers.

Again, banksters get a bailout, the rest of us get screwed.

Stop covering your weak argument with non sequiturs. The bank bailouts are not pertinent to the discussion.
If your former employer truly broke the law, you would have challenged the termination.
You know they had disciplinary stuff on you. Come on, just admit it.
Oh...Just to clear up something. You do not "pay into" an insurance policy. You pay premiums to the insurance company uses to disburse in claims for those who incurred losses.
Did you ever read the language of your policy? Were you not aware the possibility that your employer coverage had limits of benefits? Most health, auto and home policies have coverage limits.
You may not demand free shit, but you would take it if it was not you paying for them.
All union people have the entitlement mentality. After all, what is a request by a union most commonly referred to as? A "DEMAND".

Actually, didn't have a single write-up in six years. So wrong again. My reviews were exemplary.

And you can try to come up with excuses for the insurance companies, but the sooner we get them out of health care in this country, the better.

Frankly, I think Cigna (which was our insurance carrier) paying Ed Hanaway 73 million in severence packages while they refused to pay for Natalie Sarkisyan's liver transplant is immoral to the extreme.

But you guys are only "pro-life" when trying to tell a woman what to do with her lady parts.

[

Obama was as much a part of it as Bush, he voted for TARP as a senator and he doled out the money as president, and yes he did force banks that did not want or need the money to take our money..understand?

"Oh, you mean old Government people, making us take funds we don't need. Oh... we'd much rather go bankrupt!"

Come on, do you hear yourself half the time?

I'm not sure what youwere doing in Sept. 2008, but I remember that everyone was in a complete panic because Bear-Sterns collapsed and AIG and Morgan-Stanley looked like they were about to.

I give Bush and Obama credit for taking the leadership to prevent the Great Recession turning into the Greater Depression. He probably saved the Republican Party that day.

You’re just criticized Bush for TARP now you praise him for it you're a confused ..Part of your psychosis

No, didn't criticize Bush. I criticized your heroes, the bankers, for creating the situation where we needed TARP to start with.

[

NO cry babies.
Imagine that.

Again, horseshit.

the only thing that isn't sustainable is the greed of the 1%.

again, the rest of the world has universal health care... they spend less per person than we do, they have a lower infant mortality rate, and longer life expectencies.

Forum List

Back