🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Illinois governor strikes blow for taxapyers...q

Bankers can't "demand" anything some of those banks were forced by the Obama administration to take the money. Get your facts straight loon

First, TARP was approved by the Bush Administration, not Obama.

Second- and more importantly- the Banksters were the ones who went hat in hand to the government, not the other way around.

But they still totally deserved their bonuses, yes indeedy.
TARP was a bad idea. However, had the banks not received the infusion of cash, the potential threat to the US Financial system could have been disastrous.
At the end, ALL of the money was paid back with interest. In some cases it was returned early. Now the Obama admin insisted the banks pay the money back in the time given. The banks recovering first paid it back early anyway.
TARP was actually approved by Congress. The DEMOCRAT controlled Congress. OOPS.

Plus most all union retirement annuities are run through the financial institutions. If they go under the retirement funds go.

First, TARP was approved by the Bush Administration, not Obama.

Second- and more importantly- the Banksters were the ones who went hat in hand to the government, not the other way around.

But they still totally deserved their bonuses, yes indeedy.
TARP was a bad idea. However, had the banks not received the infusion of cash, the potential threat to the US Financial system could have been disastrous.
At the end, ALL of the money was paid back with interest. In some cases it was returned early. Now the Obama admin insisted the banks pay the money back in the time given. The banks recovering first paid it back early anyway.

Plus most all union retirement annuities are run through the financial institutions. If they go under the retirement funds go.

I had no problem with TARP itself. It needed to be done.

What I have a problem with is the assholes who made it necessary, the Bankster and the investors and the schemers who got us into this mess, got off with no prosecutions, no firings and some of them got to keep their bonuses.

What was needed for these clowns was a show trial that would make Joe Stalin go "Damn!"

If I belonged to a union, this wouldn't be an issue. My brother had a heart attack a couple weeks ago, and the Union Medical plan is taking caer of him just fine. Just like the same plan took care of my dad 30 years ago.

I had a private company insurance, and what they did was actually illegal. In fact, they paid me a pretty big bribe to NOT sue them.

I kind of wish I had now.

Medical plans which are no longer sustainable. Which is precisely why unions have been beaten back to the point where they represent just under 7% of private sector workers.
Unions pretty much demanded and priced themselves out of existence.
Tell ya what, if the unions are so great, why don't union bosses fund the medical insurance and pension plans themselves?

Again, horseshit.

the only thing that isn't sustainable is the greed of the 1%.

again, the rest of the world has universal health care... they spend less per person than we do, they have a lower infant mortality rate, and longer life expectencies.

You're so screwed up, our life expectancy here includes people who die from shootings and car accidents which other countries don't include in their numbers, without those we are at the top. Infant mortality is higher here because we have more premature babies and also we have a lot of people coming in from other countries legal and illegal which screw the numbers. Big government is not going to help you with your bitterness...you're a sad little man, I almost feel sorry for you, if you wait for the government to help you with your problems it’s going to be a long wait…sad

[

My neighbor's daughter is 21, 3 kids age 3, 18 months and 4 months.
The father of those kids is a local con.
She draws welfare.
And you claim she would rather work.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
You are beyond naive and gullible Joe. Most folks on welfare are there BECAUSE THEY CHOOSE TO BE through their bad choices from age 18.

How can you be SOOOOOOOO successful and have such lowlife neighbors?

Again, man, you guys blew those racial dogwhistles, blew them really hard, and people rejected you.

WTF are you ranting about?
The largest home on my street, 11,000 sf and my house is 2200 sf, is an African American man and his wife, retired.
The family I am speaking of is white, the daughter white and the father of her 3 kids is white.
Nice try again Joe with your race card sideways up your ass.

You're so screwed up, our life expectancy here includes people who die from shootings and car accidents which other countries don't include in their numbers, without those we are at the top. Infant mortality is higher here because we have more premature babies and also we have a lot of people coming in from other countries legal and illegal which screw the numbers. Big government is not going to help you with your bitterness...you're a sad little man, I almost feel sorry for you, if you wait for the government to help you with your problems it’s going to be a long wait…sad

Shootings (which we DO have too many of, probalby need to do something about Gun control) are not really fudging the numbers that much. We have 9000 shooting deaths out of 2.4 MILLION deaths total.

Also, other countries have about the same amount of auto deaths as we do.

Hey, if socialized medicine is good enough for the Zionists, it's good enough for us, right?

Frankly, instead of sending billions to prop up Israel, maybe if we took care of our own people, that would be something.

[

My neighbor's daughter is 21, 3 kids age 3, 18 months and 4 months.
The father of those kids is a local con.
She draws welfare.
And you claim she would rather work.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
You are beyond naive and gullible Joe. Most folks on welfare are there BECAUSE THEY CHOOSE TO BE through their bad choices from age 18.

Again, man, you guys blew those racial dogwhistles, blew them really hard, and people rejected you.

The largest home on my street, 11,000 sf and my house is 2200 sf, is an African American man and his wife, retired.
The family I am speaking of is white, the daughter white and the father of her 3 kids is white.

Whenever your side talks about "welfare", we know exactly what you are talking about...

Dog_Whistle_Rachel_Maddow.jpg

Shootings (which we DO have too many of, probalby need to do something about Gun control) are not really fudging the numbers that much. We have 9000 shooting deaths out of 2.4 MILLION deaths total.

Also, other countries have about the same amount of auto deaths as we do.

Hey, if socialized medicine is good enough for the Zionists, it's good enough for us, right?

Frankly, instead of sending billions to prop up Israel, maybe if we took care of our own people, that would be something.

We give Israel 3 billion a year.
We spend that in Afghanistan in 10 days.
For that 3 billion we give Israel we get real time intelligence for the entire region. That saves us response time a carrier group and at least one base in the region. 20 billion plus a year right there. Plus it keeps the crazies of 101 different terrorist groups in check. The Saudis behind closed doors love that we keep that presence there. They fear the kook mullahs more than they would ever fear the Israelis.
A thorough understanding of the history and logistics of that entire region is needed to understand the "aid" we give and why.

Whenever your side talks about "welfare", we know exactly what you are talking about...

Dog_Whistle_Rachel_Maddow.jpg

2 race cards sideways up your ass.

[

For that 3 billion we give Israel we get real time intelligence for the entire region. That saves us response time a carrier group and at least one base in the region. 20 billion plus a year right there. Plus it keeps the crazies of 101 different terrorist groups in check. The Saudis behind closed doors love that we keep that presence there. They fear the kook mullahs more than they would ever fear the Israelis.
A thorough understanding of the history and logistics of that entire region is needed to understand the "aid" we give and why.

Giving Israel ONE PENNY is an abomination. It's an apartheid state that drags us into one pointless fight after another. It doesn't keep the crazies in check, it creates them.

I'm sure the rich assholes who run Saudi Arabia fear the kook Mullahs. Too bad they won't be in power that much longer. Right now, they are bribing their populace into compliance with oil money, but that won't last forever. When the Arab Spring reaches Saudi Arabia, we are going to be in a world of hurt.

But here's the thing. If we had spent the last 40 years developing energy independence instead of sticking our dicks in the mid-east hornet's nest and wondering why we keep getting stung, this wouldn't be a problem. Instead, we let Exxon and Tel Aviv dictate policies, and working class kids keep coming home in body bags.

I had no problem with TARP itself. It needed to be done.

What I have a problem with is the assholes who made it necessary, the Bankster and the investors and the schemers who got us into this mess, got off with no prosecutions, no firings and some of them got to keep their bonuses.

What was needed for these clowns was a show trial that would make Joe Stalin go "Damn!"

What about the government officials who kept interst rates artificially low so as to fuel the housing bubble?

Shouldn't they be arrested too?

How about the government officials that thought it would be a great idea to guarantee all kinds if high risk mortgages with our money?

Shouldn't they be tried too?

What about the government officials who kept interst rates artificially low so as to fuel the housing bubble?

How about the government officials that thought it would be a great idea to guarantee all kinds if high risk mortgages with our money?

Neither one of those things, which have been done for decades, caused the problem.

The problem was caused by the banks selling off those mortgages as investments, and misrepresenting their value.

In fact, banks making CRA loans weren't part of the problem because the government scrutinized what they were doing.

Neither one of those things, which have been done for decades, caused the problem.

The problem was caused by the banks selling off those mortgages as investments, and misrepresenting their value.

In fact, banks making CRA loans weren't part of the problem because the government scrutinized what they were doing.

If interest rates were allowed to rise there would have been a slow down in the housing market.

If the government didn't back all kinds of high risk loans there would not have been as many risky loans given.

If the fucking government wasn't trying to increase home ownership we'd be better off.

[

If interest rates were allowed to rise there would have been a slow down in the housing market.

If the government didn't back all kinds of high risk loans there would not have been as many risky loans given.

If the fucking government wasn't trying to increase home ownership we'd be better off.

MOre of those good old days you miss?

ca10.jpg

It's not the job of the government to use taxes to guarantee private loans.

People bought houses before the government started meddling and they would still buy houses if the fucking government didn't meddle.

People bought houses before the government started meddling and they would still buy houses if the fucking government didn't meddle.

NO, if the government didn't do that, you'd have catastrophic crashes like we had in 1929.

We had a crash because the government wasn't watching the store.

[

Giving Israel ONE PENNY is an abomination. It's an apartheid state that drags us into one pointless fight after another. It doesn't keep the crazies in check, it creates them.

I'm sure the rich assholes who run Saudi Arabia fear the kook Mullahs. Too bad they won't be in power that much longer. Right now, they are bribing their populace into compliance with oil money, but that won't last forever. When the Arab Spring reaches Saudi Arabia, we are going to be in a world of hurt.

But here's the thing. If we had spent the last 40 years developing energy independence instead of sticking our dicks in the mid-east hornet's nest and wondering why we keep getting stung, this wouldn't be a problem. Instead, we let Exxon and Tel Aviv dictate policies, and working class kids keep coming home in body bags.

LOL, you are as ignorant as they come.
Israel employs Palestinians in higher paying jobs than any other Arab state in the region.
To all of those Arab states the Palestinians are the ******* of the region, banned from holding any professional jobs in all of those countries.
Palestinians own more property in Israel than any other country in middle east. Anyone can own property in Israel unlike most all other Arab countries.
In 1997 the PLO's "Justice" Minister announced that any Palestinian anywhere that sells land to Jews will face the death penalty.
You are a dumb ass Joe. Go ahead and admit it and go educate yourself at a local community college. I do believe you have the ability to learn faster, much faster than the average student.
As long as you dump your biased ideology which has no foundation in fact.

NO, if the government didn't do that, you'd have catastrophic crashes like we had in 1929.

That has nothing to do with housing and mortgages.

LOL, you are as ignorant as they come.
Israel employs Palestinians in higher paying jobs than any other Arab state in the region.
To all of those Arab states the Palestinians are the ******* of the region, banned from holding any professional jobs in all of those countries.
Palestinians own more property in Israel than any other country in middle east. Anyone can own property in Israel unlike most all other Arab countries.
In 1997 the PLO's "Justice" Minister announced that any Palestinian anywhere that sells land to Jews will face the death penalty.
You are a dumb ass Joe. Go ahead and admit it and go educate yourself at a local community college. I do believe you have the ability to learn faster, much faster than the average student.
As long as you dump your biased ideology which has no foundation in fact.

Yawn...

The typical Aparthied argument. "We're treating our oppressed minorities better than they would be treated in other countries... so what we are doing is okay."

That didn't fly in South Africa, it doesn't fly for Israel.

I'm frankly tired of subsidizing their religious delusions.

That has nothing to do with housing and mortgages.

actually, it has everything to do with it. The banks didn't practice due diligence because they were just looking to offload the mortgages on some other sucker.

Forum List

Back