🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Illinois governor strikes blow for taxapyers...q

]Yeah Joe, I heard the unions' latest comeback was in Michigan.:D

You could still get a life.

You mean the law they snuck in that won't stand?

Kind of desperate when you sneak something in during a lame duck session you'd have never proposed before an election.

Won't stand..Sez you...Then why this?
Union organizers will be training protesters to push the edge but not provoke confrontation...
Unions have a herd mentality. All it will take is a small group of angry guys who think they have the juice to push people of power around..

I love how these union dupes are all for the workers blah blah but they all are against right to work laws.

Union idiots believe people should be forced to join a union and pay dues in order to get a job.

Yay freedom.

MOre along the line- you pay your dues, and they look out for your interests.

But I'm sure you pine for the good old days before we had unions and they did shit like this...

hurrier.gif

I can look out for my own interests without getting shaken down for dues

Most competent workers can.
Most union members can not so they need mob rule.

Oh, hey, and to hopefull close this discussion off.

Judge to Quinn: Pay union raises

SPRINGFIELD - About 30,000 state employees could be in line for pay hikes canceled more than a year ago by Gov. Pat Quinn.

Cook County Circuit Court Judge Richard Billik ruled Thursday that Quinn is obligated to pay raises worth 5.25 percent to members of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees union.

SO the union went judge shopping. Likely to be appealed. The State will not lose.

Said the guy who sees his middle class drifting away and is angry the Unions maintained there's.

You're like an arson victim who wants to burn down his neighbor's house.

Obama has done more not only to divide the country but also to give the middle class the old kick in the balls of any president in modern history.
You people cannot stand knowing you made a poor choice TWICE....
So much so, that you continually place blame on someone else.
You've heard the campaign rhetoric, you feared losing your free shit and regurgitate the left wing talking points.
Anyone who succeeds in this country now does IN SPITE of Obama. Not because of Obama.
The man is a dyed in the wool Statist.

You're projecting your own faults on others. It's unseemly. You are still as dumb as a bag of hammers.

Not at all.

Thickskull, Spoonhead, Meathead, and the rest of the idiot chorus here are just SOOOOO upset that these public employees didn't go along with the "Oky-Doke" (see my post on the first page of this discussion) that dismantled the middle class in this country.

Instead of trying to get a middle class back, they want to stomp out the last vestige of it, because, hey, it's so unfair they still have good medical plans and decent wages!

Unions create a protected class where complacency and mediocrity breed like rats.

Michigan's economy has been devastated by the fact that the leadership of the Big Three has been incompetent for years, not realizing the world wide demand was for smaller cars, not bigger ones.

Why is it you conservatards always define freedom as the ability of the wealthy to abuse others?

Just answer me one question: why shouldn't any employee have to choice to pay dues or not?

Because letting someone get all the benefits of collective bargaining without paying any of the price for it pretty much defeats the purpose.
Oh..So THAT is the narrative.. OK...
This is exactly the reason why right to work, works.
The idea of compelling a person to join a labor collective to procure and maintain employment is absurd.
Right work also gives employees the freedom to disengage from the collective.
For example. Fed Ex came about and became successful because that company decided that it would match union scale wages under the condition that employees would refrain from organizing or soliciting union membership. The formula has worked well for over 30 years.
Of course the Teamsters union leadership was livid over the idea that it could not touch the delivery or over the road drivers. And of course further angering the Teamsters( they represent in name only) UPS drivers, is Fed Ex pays their people good wages and provides market based benefits.
This REALLY pisses you union people off to the point of distraction. LOL!!!

Michigan's economy has been devastated by the fact that the leadership of the Big Three has been incompetent for years, not realizing the world wide demand was for smaller cars, not bigger ones.

Why is it you conservatards always define freedom as the ability of the wealthy to abuse others?

Blah blah blah..Please...
The economy of Michigan was devastated by having all of it's eggs in one basket. That basket being the auto industry. Hell even US based auto manufacturers have expanded far beyond the borders of Michigan and closed plants in the state. The fact is short sighted politicians made it incredibly expensive to do business there.
The fact that the UAW kept making life miserable for these companies did not help either. Many of the "Big Three" now the Big Two( Chrysler is no longer an American owned company but majority owned by Fiat) have built plants in right to work states and in foreign countries.
When are you going to accept the fact that you cannot win this discussion?
Your claim that unions are making a comeback is obviously a vision created and believed only by you.

Said the guy who sees his middle class drifting away and is angry the Unions maintained there's.

My middle class?

Tell me just what is middle class.

And according to you, Bam Bam and the rest of the jealous sheep out there I am one of those evil rich guys because my business is successful.

So form a union. Then get a life.

Have a life, and unions are making a comeback in this country...

Plutocracy was put on the ballot in November and it lost. Resoundingly.

Making a comeback where?
Every week there is a new story depicting a union taking it in the shorts.

Why don't you change your avatar to Mr. Moneybags... Or maybe Mr. Potter from "It's a Wonderful Life", he seems more your speed.

Frankly, I've seen stories where unions are makign progress. Like the West Coast dock strike, where they got some serious concessions.

But, yeah, man, Plutocracy is on the way out... you are going to have to start treating your workers decently and pay your fair share.

(Not that I think you really run anything or make that much money. Real successful people don't brag about how rich they are to total strangers on the internet.)

[

My middle class?

And according to you, Bam Bam and the rest of the jealous sheep out there I am one of those evil rich guys because my business is successful.

Well, guy, I doubt you actually have a business. Probably another internet poser with a shop front and two minimum wage slaves who hate you. You'll be out of business in a year or two when ObamaCare hits, and good fucking riddance.

Blah blah blah..Please...
The economy of Michigan was devastated by having all of it's eggs in one basket. That basket being the auto industry. Hell even US based auto manufacturers have expanded far beyond the borders of Michigan and closed plants in the state. The fact is short sighted politicians made it incredibly expensive to do business there.
The fact that the UAW kept making life miserable for these companies did not help either. Many of the "Big Three" now the Big Two( Chrysler is no longer an American owned company but majority owned by Fiat) have built plants in right to work states and in foreign countries.
When are you going to accept the fact that you cannot win this discussion?
Your claim that unions are making a comeback is obviously a vision created and believed only by you.

Again, I think you missed that election you lost last month. I know you are still in denial, but working folks and plutocrats threw down...

And working folks won.

It's all over, the GOP is purging out the Teabaggers from their ranks.

[

My middle class?

Well, guy, I doubt you actually have a business. Probably another internet poser with a shop front and two minimum wage slaves who hate you. You'll be out of business in a year or two when ObamaCare hits, and good fucking riddance.

And I doubt you got sick. You probably just kept showing up for work drunk.

[

My middle class?

Okay, if you say so.... I know you always need to believe that bosses are right...

Keep kissing ass, some day it will pay off.

Okay, if you say so.... I know you always need to believe that bosses are right...

Keep kissing ass, some day it will pay off.

But I don't have a boss. You're the sheep who needs a shepherd not me.

Like I said, guy, real successful people don't come on the internet and tell us how rich they are.

Frankly, you sound more like the type who lives in mortal fear you might get to that promised land of being 'successful', only to have the mean old govenrment make you play fair on the way.

Except in the process, you screwed over so many people, you can't get your boys elected anymore. Even the Republicans are starting to get the hint.

Like I said, guy, real successful people don't come on the internet and tell us how rich they are.

Frankly, you sound more like the type who lives in mortal fear you might get to that promised land of being 'successful', only to have the mean old govenrment make you play fair on the way.

Except in the process, you screwed over so many people, you can't get your boys elected anymore. Even the Republicans are starting to get the hint.

I never said I was rich did I?

I said you people think I'm rich. I don't think I'm rich. In fact I live well below my means unlike most of you.

And if I do nothing but screw my employees over as you say tell me why I have yet to have an employee quit.

And in my experience the people who whine about getting screwed over all the time by absolutely everyone are usually the shittiest workers with the poorest attitudes like you.

[

I never said I was rich did I?

I said you people think I'm rich. I don't think I'm rich. In fact I live well below my means unlike most of you.

And if I do nothing but screw my employees over as you say tell me why I have yet to have an employee quit.

And in my experience the people who whine about getting screwed over all the time by absolutely everyone are usually the shittiest workers with the poorest attitudes like you.

In my experience, guys who brag about what wonderful bosses they are are usually the bosses from hell.

Like the last asshole, the one who fired sick people and pregnant people and got his jollies reducing the female employees to tears. Oh, but he was a wonderful boss, and he really cared about his people. Really.

Frankly, your attitudes about working people that you've displayed here show me that you would be even worse to work for, if I were that unlucky.

But probably, I'd never even consider employement at a small company like yours. I deal with them all day. I've even put a couple out of business by pulling our business from them.

My middle class?

This is the first president to demonize achievement and success.
Obama despises the idea of the individual right to choose one's own path.
He believes the concepts of freedom and the open marketplace are inherently unfair.
Obama is a believer in equality of outcome.

Have a life, and unions are making a comeback in this country...

Plutocracy was put on the ballot in November and it lost. Resoundingly.

Making a comeback where?
Every week there is a new story depicting a union taking it in the shorts.

Why don't you change your avatar to Mr. Moneybags... Or maybe Mr. Potter from "It's a Wonderful Life", he seems more your speed.

Frankly, I've seen stories where unions are makign progress. Like the West Coast dock strike, where they got some serious concessions.

But, yeah, man, Plutocracy is on the way out... you are going to have to start treating your workers decently and pay your fair share.

(Not that I think you really run anything or make that much money. Real successful people don't brag about how rich they are to total strangers on the internet.)

Childish response. Why don't you run to someone who cares?
Umm, when did I brag about how much money I made? Please post this quote.
And "I've seen stories" doesn't wash here. It is proof we want and proof we will get. Otherwise your claims are just hot air.
Tentative Port of Los Angeles agreement to end strike means 51 open positions go unfilled | 89.3 KPCC)
Looks here as though the union representing clerical workers had to give in.
And what the fuck do typists need a union for?
These jobs should be filled by temps. There is no need to pay people gobs of money to do simple rudimentary no skill jobs.
Eventually the businesses will find a way to kick out the unions. The unions have gotten greedy...Same old story..Contract ends. Unions demand increases in the face of a down economy. Company negotiates concessions. Union capitulates.
Longshore and Shipping News

Why not?
Unsuccessful folk like you come on here.

Forum List

Back