I'm just curious about this..........

Dr.Destructo

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2024
If America has the shittiest schools in the world, with the LOWEST grade averages and the WORST curriculums, and spewing out retards and morons and all sorts of brainless fuckwads..............

Then WHY are other countries SO massively hellbent on sending their kids over here to go to these schools????

Aren't they just going to get dumbed down?

Seriously...........I'd like to know.

I've always wondered this.

1719359137263.png

If America has the shittiest schools in the world, with the LOWEST grade averages and the WORST curriculums, and spewing out retards and morons and all sorts of brainless fuckwads..............

Then WHY are other countries SO massively hellbent on sending their kids over here to go to these schools????

View attachment 967425

Did you take a graphic arts course at Trump University?

Keep in mind, looking at educational outcomes for the entire country forces you to include districts - hell, whole STATES - where the outcomes are horrible. The students in the U.S. who are getting into the top universities are equal to the top students in any other country, and our universities allow tremendous flexibility in what and how you study.

View attachment 967425

Which countries is it that you see sending their students here?

India, Japan, China, hell, even the British.
I live near one of the biggest colleges in Texas, and its 90% Eastern Indians.
In fact, I don't think I've ever seen a white kid on that campus.

Oh, so we are talking about college level student, I guess I missed that part.

When people are lamenting on the state of education in the US they are normally speaking of K-12 more so than colleges and universities.

I find it funny that so many people think this country has the best colleges.

Is that why America fails in global education statistics? Because of "good" colleges???
Seems y'all are the results of these bad schools, since you can't differetiate between good and bad.

Is that why America fails in global education statistics? Because of "good" colleges???
Seems y'all are the results of these bad schools, since you can't differetiate between good and bad.

Colleges in America, like k-12 schools, are a mixed bag. There are more than 5000 colleges and universities in the US. Some are the best in the world, some are nothing but diploma mills.

A lot of US colleges will recruit specific countries. When I was doing Officer recruiting for the Marine Corps I used to go to SEMO and was shocked to see how big the Polish student population was. Turns out that SEMO specifically targeted Poland, for whatever reason.

Still to this day cannot understand why they wanted to go to Cape Girardeau

View attachment 967425
Same reason bank robbers rob banks. You go where the money is.

You're not answering his question

When people are lamenting on the state of education in the US they are normally speaking of K-12 more so than colleges and universities.
Well, K thru 12 is a granted, that they're the worst. PUBLIC schools that is.

When they are "graduating" not even knowing how to spell, use English correctly, or even know who George Washington is.

Colleges are even worse. I can't tell you how many people with "degrees" I've met (and worked with) in my life that have no clue about anything.....and can't even get a job for the "degree" they got.

One girl I worked with was pretty brilliant on her own though. But she realized too late in college that it wasn't going to get her anywhere she wanted to be. She had to end up working 2 jobs to pay rent AND pay for college bills.

I'm not saying the KIDS are stupid, I'm saying that going to public schools and colleges in this country will MAKE you stupid.

Colleges in America, like k-12 schools, are a mixed bag. There are more than 5000 colleges and universities in the US. Some are the best in the world, some are nothing but diploma mills.

A lot of US colleges will recruit specific countries. When I was doing Officer recruiting for the Marine Corps I used to go to SEMO and was shocked to see how big the Polish student population was. Turns out that SEMO specifically targeted Poland, for whatever reason.

Still to this day cannot understand why they wanted to go to Cape Girardeau

Foreign students mean more revenue.

My wife works for a University (Analytics and Reporting). Foreign students:
  • Automatically pay out of state rates, and
  • Will typically pay room and board to live in a dorm (unlike local students that tend to live on the economy)
Both aspects of a foreign student means they tend to generate more income for the University over in-state, local students.

WW

When they are "graduating" not even knowing how to spell, use English correctly, or even know who George Washington is.

Colleges are even worse. I can't tell you how many people with "degrees" I've met (and worked with) in my life that have no clue about anything.....and can't even get a job for the "degree" they got.

One girl I worked with was pretty brilliant on her own though. But she realized too late in college that it wasn't going to get her anywhere she wanted to be. She had to end up working 2 jobs to pay rent AND pay for college bills.

I'm not saying the KIDS are stupid, I'm saying that going to public schools and colleges in this country will MAKE you stupid.

A person gets out of school what they put into it. In this day and age, while it is starting to shift, college is almost a necessity to thrive in our country. But sadly many people do not grasp what it takes to make that happen and get a degree in stupid and useless things. Going to college should be with a specific purpose and design...to set yourself up for success.

My wife and I both got our degrees later in life, in our 40s. I got mine after 20 year Marine Corps Career and she got hers after I got out as well. I have a Masters and she has a BSN. Since we got our degrees our combined income has gone up 5 fold in just over a decade.

Foreign students mean more revenue.

My wife works for a University (Analytics and Reporting). Foreign students:
  • Automatically pay out of state rates, and
  • Will typically pay room and board to live in a dorm (unlike local students that tend to live on the economy)
Both aspects of a foreign student means they tend to generate more income for the University over in-state, local students.

WW

I understand why they do it, was just shocked anyone from outside the US would want to live in Cape Girardeau :auiqs.jpg:

You said this:
Well, K thru 12 is a granted, that they're the worst

Colleges are even worse

:auiqs.jpg:

View attachment 967425
:linky:

People from all over the world are eager to send their kids here for K-12 education as well. It's just harder to do.

Forum List

Back