I'm Muslim, and I hate terrorism

I am totally opposed to domestic terrorists attacks in the U.S. and Canada from any group.

But I support any people who are fighting for their freedom against brutal dictatorships. (which are usually puppet governments backed by the Western nations)

Where am I talking about BELIEFS anywhere?
I am specifically giving examples OF ACTIONS.
How is stating facts "descending to their level"?
Heads in the sand in denial have them doing what they do NOW.
Which includes killing Americans.
Wake up. Your neck is in their sights also.
Real world, please join us in it.

Your post describes the beliefs of fanatics and extremists. If you are under the impression that waging war against them will defeat them you are mistaken. It has not worked in Afghanistan or Iraq. Israel has been waging war against them decades without any success either. In fact the only "success" has been when they have achieved peace settlements. Inciting warmongering merely breeds more and more fanatical extremists. You are playing right into their hands with your rhetoric. You are giving them an excuse to say "Look, the Americans want to exterminate us" when you say things like "wipe these animals off the face of the earth". History has demonstrated time and again that trying to repress a religion only makes it stronger and that it is impossible to repress ideas. What you are advocating is a blood feud that will last for centuries. Is that the future you want for your children, grandchildren and their children yet unborn?

Our war in Afghanistan started with our military advising the politicians that NO war wins there and I agree with the military. They advised negotiations with the Taliban that are ongoing today and I also support that. Yes, politicians do not listen to the boots on the ground many times but that is our policy.
Israel defends themselves. They employ more Palestinians than any other country.
Respectfully, I suggest you educate yourself as to the facts of the Palestinian situation.
How many ARAB countries are Palestinians allowed to vote, to own property, to go to school to become a professional?
Why do YOU ignore that in EVERY ARAB COUNTRY the Palestinians HAVE LESS RIGHTS than they do in Israel?
Palestinians in Israel have EQUAL voting rights. In most all Muslim states women are NOT allowed to vote but they are in Israel.
And you remain silent on that.
Arab citizens live where they want in Israel per Supreme Court ruling.
Arabic is an official language taught in Israeli schools.
Israeli law, unlike most Muslim countries, BANS employment discrimination against Arabs.
Amazing you do not know the basic laws of Israel and the Muslim countries.
In Iran they lock you up for changing your religion to Christianity or any other religion other than Muslim.
And you remain silent.
In Israel you practice whatever religion you want.
And you condemn Israel naively.
In Lebanon Palestinians are blocked from holding any professional job and most all trade jobs.
They fled Iraq because the new government there bans them from medical care, basic rights and many were killed because they were Palestinians.
Palestinians are denied basic rights in almost all Arab and middle east countries EXCEPT ISRAEL and you remain silent.
Get back to me when Muslims give Palestinians equal rights in their own countries instead of treating them as 2nd class citizens as they do today.

Why do you persist in deflecting with OT rhetorical questions when the issue is why do you want to descend to the same level as the terrorists?

Such a loaded word: terrorism.

Use it and most people here simply stop thinking rationally.

Case in point...terrorists in the lands occupied by the NAZI during WWII killed NAZIs and collaborators with the NAZIs.

Do we hate those terrorists?

Most of us don't.

Most of us think they were heroic.

YES Editec I was just watching a foreign film with my bf on hunting trolls in the snowy woods.
And yes we were joking that the hunters would find a bunch of nerds hiding
in a cave, with their ipads and wifi, and break their hands.

Then I thought, wouldn't it be funny if all the international media and govts
agreed to drop the term terrorists and use the word "trolls" instead.

What affect would that have in the media and public perception?
Who would want to go down in history as a "TROLL"

I am totally opposed to domestic terrorists attacks in the U.S. and Canada from any group.

But I support any people who are fighting for their freedom against brutal dictatorships. (which are usually puppet governments backed by the Western nations)

I support arms for DEFENSE only. Not for attack.
I find it too dangerous to teach that killing is justified within Islam,
as this is a matter of civil law not for people to act on their religious beliefs thinking that is law.
That is why I would not teach or practice Islam outside the context
of either Constitutional laws or Christian laws to check and balance against abuses.
You can see what happens when people take verses out of context
and try to justify killing without following civil authority and laws on the terms of engagement.
There is a reason Mohammad instructed believers to receive ALL sent by God, so any problems or conflicts in interpretation would be checked or resolved by other sources equally from God.

If you are for Shariah Law incorporated and enforced by govt, instead of followed freely by the "church" or the people in the Muslim communities, then how do you propose to check this from abuses, such as punishing the wrong persons for political gain? If the church and state do not remain distinct so they can check and balance each other, then once the same ruling parties have authority of both religion and govt combined, then what is left to prevent abuses?

(CNN) -- I'm an American-Muslim and I despise Islamic terrorists. In fact, despise is not even a strong enough word to convey my true feelings about those who kill innocent people in the name of Islam. I hate them with every fiber of my being.

I'm not going to tell you, "Islam is a religion of peace." Nor will I tell you that Islam is a religion of violence. What I will say is that Islam is a religion that, like Christianity and Judaism, is intended to bring you closer to God. And sadly we have seen people use the name of each of these Abrahamic faiths to wage and justify violence.

The unique problem for Muslims is that our faith is being increasingly defined by the actions of a tiny group of morally bankrupt terrorists. Just to be clear: The people who commit violence in the name of Islam are not Muslims, they are murderers. Their true religion is hatred and inhumanity.

The only people terrorists speak for are themselves and the others involved in their despicable plot. They do not represent me, my family or any other Muslim I know. And believe me, I know a lot of Muslims.

Read more at the link.
I'm a Muslim, and I hate terrorism - CNN.com

But could it be that you and others have been influenced by true Christians to think the way you do?

(CNN) -- I'm an American-Muslim and I despise Islamic terrorists. In fact, despise is not even a strong enough word to convey my true feelings about those who kill innocent people in the name of Islam. I hate them with every fiber of my being.

I'm not going to tell you, "Islam is a religion of peace." Nor will I tell you that Islam is a religion of violence. What I will say is that Islam is a religion that, like Christianity and Judaism, is intended to bring you closer to God. And sadly we have seen people use the name of each of these Abrahamic faiths to wage and justify violence.

The unique problem for Muslims is that our faith is being increasingly defined by the actions of a tiny group of morally bankrupt terrorists. Just to be clear: The people who commit violence in the name of Islam are not Muslims, they are murderers. Their true religion is hatred and inhumanity.

The only people terrorists speak for are themselves and the others involved in their despicable plot. They do not represent me, my family or any other Muslim I know. And believe me, I know a lot of Muslims.

Read more at the link.

But could it be that you and others have been influenced by true Christians to think the way you do?
No

Libya and Iraq are swimming in oil.

U.S. politicians..... we must free the people of Libya and Iraq from their brutal dictators!!

Syria has no oil.

U.S. politicians.... we wish you the best in your fight against a brutal dictator.

Read more at the link.

No
So why are seemingly so many Muslims in their native lands so hostile towards Israel, Christianity and the United States?:eusa_eh:

The same teachings that tacitly endorse slavery?
Can you name Christ's slaves for me? Did He wash their feet too?

Can you provide a single bible verse where Jesus condemns the rampant slavery that was all around him on a daily basis? Do unto others except for those who are slaves? Is that your covenant with Jesus?

No, my covenant with Jesus is this:
Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free ...
One in Christ. Men enslave men. Christ sets them free in spite of their masters.
You have nothing to condemn my Lord with. Neither did the Pharisees.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back