I'm telling my story because people fail to understand how serious this is

So now you're dogged by a felony record only you're NOT a felon?

Reads like a KAFKA novel, wolf.

You aren't a closet NAZI by any chance, are you?

I ask not because I care but because I suspect that something other than your NON FELONY record is screwing you.

There are official government records and then too I suspect that corporations have UNOFFICIAL records about people, too.

Sounds to me like you're on one of those.

It sounds to me, reading his tedious narrative, is that he hid the fact he had a felony conviction from his employer, his employer was still willing to work with him, but he quit anyway and made a stink about it.

What is that old saying, "Don't burn your bridges behind you"...

And honestly, it sounded like a lot of places would have hired him if it didn't require him to carry a weapon, and given the way the guy rants here and other posts, I wouldn't give him a weapon, either.

Now, for those playing along at home, I write resumes for people as a side business. My advice would be that you disclose up front that you had this thing when you were a juvenile, you thought it was expunged but there's a record of it.

Talk about "tedious"....I couldn't get past your second sentence.....read Wolf's post again; you could use some writing tips.

Did you need someone to explain the big words to you?

As I understand it, your anger doesn't come from the fact that you can't get a job because you are a convicted felon, but that the law making you a felon is unjust. Is this correct?

You have a right to self defense, you were exercising that right, and a law prohibiting reasonable self defense is what's inhibiting your employment.

As I understand it, your anger doesn't come from the fact that you can't get a job because you are a convicted felon, but that the law making you a felon is unjust. Is this correct?

You have a right to self defense, you were exercising that right, and a law prohibiting reasonable self defense is what's inhibiting your employment.

And those employers have a right to not give him a job because he is a liar and possibly an armed sociopath.

Whether or not he agrees with the law, it is the law. He broke it. He plead guilty to it.

And heck, some of the employers were even willing to give him a break despite his conviction, they just weren't going to hire him to carry a gun.

And those employers have a right to not give him a job because he is a liar and possibly an armed sociopath.

Whether or not he agrees with the law, it is the law. He broke it. He plead guilty to it.

And heck, some of the employers were even willing to give him a break despite his conviction, they just weren't going to hire him to carry a gun.

You're a pompous asshole....you have no communication skills...you write for your own edification and could care less if your points are taken. You have no concept of what a working stiff is going through in this buyer's market for employment. You probably think his job would better be done by a peon in some asian sweatshop. You don't understand what's happened to this cat, or don't want to....you're too busy looking down your nose at somebody who is superior to you in every way. Wolf WORKS for a living...these are the guys who keep things moving, get things done. You? I doubt you could hold a job outside of something that you got because somebody knew your daddy...ya puffed up sissy.

Exactly. That is what I'm reading from him. Which is why I say get into the political arena and get some power he can use to get this matter put behind him. Once and for all. To me that is the fastest way to fix it. He has to beat them at their own game and make sure he sees some consequences for the people who tried to put this on him in the first place. He has got to do that for himself. Its a matter of GP. imo. - Jeri

Fuck, I will never get the three minutes back that it took to read that.

You actually read that? :cuckoo:

6i7w.jpg

True. My own past makes his sound like a walk in the park. lol... It doesn't matter where you come from - it only matters where you are headed and that you hold fast to it. Don't look back. Look ahead and create your own destiny. If you can believe it? You can make it happen. That is a fact. - Jeri

Long story short, I keep having an encounter with a very aggressive Chow dog where I go jogging. The owner enjoys giving it enough leash to come with a few feet of me. I glare at her and she gives me this evil smile. So one day I showed her a pocket knife I carry. I didn't menace her with like her dog menaces me. Just kept it at my side with the clear meaning I'd cut her fucking dog's eyes out if it got ahold of me. A few days later I ran into an ex-cop at my friend's business who after listening to my story told me in California, taking the knife out of my pocket was "brandishing" I could get a YEAR for, and because it has a pin on the blade so you can open it with one hand, it's considered a SWITCHBLADE which could get me an additonal THREE years. I laughed. He didn't. He told me to keep my knife in my pocket until the dog has ahold of me. Yeah, like that's going to happen.....here in Arizona, we have the right to conceal-carry so I started carrying a little .32 revolver instead of the knife.

These problems ain't gonna happen to my kids, because i'm not having any.

Most people spend all day wishing they were young again, but i don't
I would hate to be 18 years old and trying to grow up in this big piece of crap that we call America.

Move to another country you like better and have all the kids you want there.

A strange tale.

I can't imagine that happening out here...not for something so trivial.

A Missourian would LOL that in California they have the audacity to arrest someone and charge them with a felony for carrying a knife.

Here, a knife is an accessory.

Anyway...it sounds to me like your problem isn't with Nevada, or Sears or the HVAC supplier...it sounds like your problem is with California.

You need to hire a lawyer to get your conviction record in order.

It sounds to me like California is releasing false information...perhaps because of a clerical error...that you HAVE a felony conviction.

Have you requested a background check on yourself from California?

I suspect the problem is not malice, but simple bureaucratic incompetence on the part of California's probation department (or whatever they call it there).

It sounds to me, reading his tedious narrative, is that he hid the fact he had a felony conviction from his employer, his employer was still willing to work with him, but he quit anyway and made a stink about it.

And honestly, it sounded like a lot of places would have hired him if it didn't require him to carry a weapon, and given the way the guy rants here and other posts, I wouldn't give him a weapon, either.

Now, for those playing along at home, I write resumes for people as a side business. My advice would be that you disclose up front that you had this thing when you were a juvenile, you thought it was expunged but there's a record of it.

According to him he has NO felony record, Joe.

Maybe that gets him off the first time. I could see the first time, him thinking he honestly didn't have one. But it seems like in the latter part of his narrative, he didn't disclose the felony conviction, employers found out about it, and fired him. Or won't hire him to start with, or will only hire him with limitations.

There was no felony conviction! God and goddess, read the fucking post and THINK! Use that thing on your shoulders for something more than a fucking hat rack!

True. My own past makes his sound like a walk in the park. lol... It doesn't matter where you come from - it only matters where you are headed and that you hold fast to it. Don't look back. Look ahead and create your own destiny. If you can believe it? You can make it happen. That is a fact. - Jeri

Really. Do tell.

Long story short, I keep having an encounter with a very aggressive Chow dog where I go jogging. The owner enjoys giving it enough leash to come with a few feet of me. I glare at her and she gives me this evil smile. So one day I showed her a pocket knife I carry. I didn't menace her with like her dog menaces me. Just kept it at my side with the clear meaning I'd cut her fucking dog's eyes out if it got ahold of me. A few days later I ran into an ex-cop at my friend's business who after listening to my story told me in California, taking the knife out of my pocket was "brandishing" I could get a YEAR for, and because it has a pin on the blade so you can open it with one hand, it's considered a SWITCHBLADE which could get me an additonal THREE years. I laughed. He didn't. He told me to keep my knife in my pocket until the dog has ahold of me. Yeah, like that's going to happen.....here in Arizona, we have the right to conceal-carry so I started carrying a little .32 revolver instead of the knife.

I would start carrying a pound of cheap ground beef.

With a bunch of Ex-Lax crushed inside it.

If you are looking for a job that doesn't care if you are a felon then I suggest a democrat precinct captain. Or set you sites even higher, the WH awaits.

So now you're dogged by a felony record only you're NOT a felon?

Reads like a KAFKA novel, wolf.

You aren't a closet NAZI by any chance, are you?

I ask not because I care but because I suspect that something other than your NON FELONY record is screwing you.

There are official government records and then too I suspect that corporations have UNOFFICIAL records about people, too.

Sounds to me like you're on one of those.

Correct.

Most employers are interested in honesty, not felony convictions.

Long story short, I keep having an encounter with a very aggressive Chow dog where I go jogging. The owner enjoys giving it enough leash to come with a few feet of me. I glare at her and she gives me this evil smile. So one day I showed her a pocket knife I carry. I didn't menace her with like her dog menaces me. Just kept it at my side with the clear meaning I'd cut her fucking dog's eyes out if it got ahold of me. .

My money's on the dog, no question. You're an obvious poseur.

[

You're a pompous asshole....you have no communication skills...you write for your own edification and could care less if your points are taken. You have no concept of what a working stiff is going through in this buyer's market for employment. You probably think his job would better be done by a peon in some asian sweatshop. You don't understand what's happened to this cat, or don't want to....you're too busy looking down your nose at somebody who is superior to you in every way. Wolf WORKS for a living...these are the guys who keep things moving, get things done. You? I doubt you could hold a job outside of something that you got because somebody knew your daddy...ya puffed up sissy.

Wow- do you enjoy being wrong so often.

Guy, I've been working since I was 16. I'm 51 now. I've done a stint in the military, have worked my way up from the warehouse floor to the office.

Now, all that said, I understand perfectly well what happened to this dude.

He got a felony conviction when he was a juvenile. He didn't disclose it to employers. He is in two lines of work (Security and HVAC) where they usually won't hire someone who has a felony, and for good reason.

Now, yeah, he'd probably be able to work around it if he 1) Disclosed this in his past (most applications have a section marked "Have you ever been arrested/convicted of a felony?") 2) Persued a line of work where employees don't need to be bonded, and 3) Didn't cope an attitude.

From his own narrative, he hasn't been able to do these things.

Now, believe me, I know it's hard out there. This recession has enabled LOTS of bad behavior by employers. I lost my last job becuase my employer illegally fired me after I ran up medical bills. I had a new job in two weeks.

[

There was no felony conviction! God and goddess, read the fucking post and THINK! Use that thing on your shoulders for something more than a fucking hat rack!

Yawn. He was arrested and charged with a felony, and plead down to a misdemenor.

I wouldn't hire him to carry a gun in my community, and I wouldn't hire him to go into people's houses to do HVAC and I wouldn't imagine any other company doing it, either.

Again, the problem is, he didn't disclose the problem up front. And he copped an attitude when he got caught.

Now you see what some of those "lazy minorities" go through when they try to straighten out their lives after they made a mistake.............

Forum List

Back