Imagine Ann Coulter Pretending To Be A Liberal

baloney and cheese is really diced pig lips and partially hydrogenated vegetable oil. ann coulter doesn't have to pretend anything. liberals are all about pretense, everything is just a show with them and their intimate theories about optics and the suspension of disbelief. hey, let's just imagine reality is something completely different than what it is, let's all just be doing that, okay? then we'll be qualified to rule the world, or at least be qualified to vote in the democratic party. if your economic plan is to set the national debt asymptotic to infinity while spending your way unto happily ever after according to the PR narratives, all the while instigating chimpout after chimpout as the eternal temper tantrum when you don't get your way, guess what, that's called running the country into the ground. or worse.

We all have biases. And some of us have some particular ideas about what our political opponents must believe. Some of these ideas are wrong. These mistaken impressions of our opponents lead to what are known as straw man arguments:

1. My opponents like to drink arsenic-laced Kool-Aid.

2. Here is a link proving arsenic is bad for you: Arsenic poisoning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. I win!

But what if someone who had all kinds of silly ideas about the opposition suddenly decided to pretend to be one of them, and to run for office as one of them.

Imagine the hilarity of Ann Coulter running for office as a Democrat, trying to state her positions the way she imagines a liberal would answer them:

REPORTER: Ms. Coulter, what would you do about ISIS?

COULTER: I would arm them, of course! Because I hate America.

Now imagine a liberal who decides to pretend to be a conservative candidate.

You might see that person get a little confused at first, and then you would see them change their colors in real time:

REPORTER: Let me ask you about a few social issues because they haven't been issues you have been talking about for several years. I know you're opposed to abortion.

PRETENDER: Right. I'm pro-choice.

REPORTER: You're pro-choice or pro-life?

PRETENDER: I'm pro-life. I'm sorry.

Now, as any pro-lifer will tell you, they have NEVER accidentally identified themselves as pro-choice. Ever.

Now, imagine that same liberal-pretending-to-be-conservative is asked a very common question familiar to all pro-lifers:

REPORTER: Should the woman be punished for having an abortion?

PRETENDER: There has to be some form of punishment.

REPORTER: For the woman?

PRETENDER: Yeah. There has to be some form.

That answer is what a liberal believes a conservative believes.

Those exchanges above are actual. They are Trump.

When you realize what Trump is doing, his ridiculous answers to so many questions suddenly make so much sense.

Trump is a far left liberal pretending to be a Republican conservative, and his answers reflect how liberals think a conservative would answer those questions.
And your thread premise fails as a straw man fallacy – too funny.

Trump is not a ‘liberal’ by any stretch of the imagination, nor is he much of a ‘conservative.’

Trump is apolitical, devoid of political acumen, knowing little about public policy or sound, responsible governance.

Trump’s ‘politics’ is business, wealth, money, self-aggrandizement, profit and loss – he’s a swindler, a con man, and a bigot, he’s arrogant, superficial, and self-absorbed, all attributes which make Trump’s running as a Republican plausible.

And for the record – the fact is that liberals are pro-life, and oppose abortion, wishing to see the practice end.

The only difference between liberals and conservatives with regard to abortion is how to bring about that end – unlike conservatives, liberals seek to find a solution to the problem of abortion that comports with the Constitution, respecting the privacy rights of women, where conservatives seek to ‘ban’ abortion, increasing the size and authority of government at the expense of individual liberty.

We all have biases. And some of us have some particular ideas about what our political opponents must believe. Some of these ideas are wrong. These mistaken impressions of our opponents lead to what are known as straw man arguments:

2. Here is a link proving arsenic is bad for you: Arsenic poisoning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. I win!

But what if someone who had all kinds of silly ideas about the opposition suddenly decided to pretend to be one of them, and to run for office as one of them.

Imagine the hilarity of Ann Coulter running for office as a Democrat, trying to state her positions the way she imagines a liberal would answer them:

You might see that person get a little confused at first, and then you would see them change their colors in real time:

REPORTER: Let me ask you about a few social issues because they haven't been issues you have been talking about for several years. I know you're opposed to abortion.

Now, as any pro-lifer will tell you, they have NEVER accidentally identified themselves as pro-choice. Ever.

Now, imagine that same liberal-pretending-to-be-conservative is asked a very common question familiar to all pro-lifers:

When you realize what Trump is doing, his ridiculous answers to so many questions suddenly make so much sense.

Trump is a far left liberal pretending to be a Republican conservative, and his answers reflect how liberals think a conservative would answer those questions.

you're mistaken....Donald has no ideology except for Donald-ism
Every time Trump was asked a policy question before 2013, he gave the far left answer. Very pro-choice. Impeach Bush. Cut and run from Iraq. The Clintons are the bomb.

He wasn't even a registered Republican until 2012.

His kids didn't register as Republicans until late last year, too late for the New York primary.

I agree Trump is all about Trump. He is a liberal at heart, but he will be whatever he needs to be to become President Trump. It's the ultimate ego trip.

Again false. He wasn't asked many policy questions.

These were his "positions"
1. On whether we should go into Iraq "I guess so"
2. On Barack Obama's place of birth: pure rightwingnut bigot birfer
3. On reproductive choice pro choice when it was his bimbo having the baby.

He has no moral center. He's certainly not "far left" unless one considers being mainstream on the issue of reproductive choice "far left" or believe unless you're a full tilt rightwingnut that you're somehow far left.

By the way BluesLegendInYourOwnMind, I am not in favor of raising tax rates. On anyone.

In fact, I am for eliminating most (if not all) tax expenditures so we can LOWER tax rates for EVERYONE. And we'd still be able to pay down the debt.

Just by eliminating tax expenditures.

Unfortunately, people scream like hippies when you try to take away their government gifts. Which is why I say look in the mirror for the person responsible for our debt.
You are in favor of raising taxes. You want to eliminate deductions without a corresponding cut to make it revenue neutral. You're just another tax and spend douche bag.

3. I win!

Every time Trump was asked a policy question before 2013, he gave the far left answer. Very pro-choice. Impeach Bush. Cut and run from Iraq. The Clintons are the bomb.

He wasn't even a registered Republican until 2012.

His kids didn't register as Republicans until late last year, too late for the New York primary.

I agree Trump is all about Trump. He is a liberal at heart, but he will be whatever he needs to be to become President Trump. It's the ultimate ego trip.

Again false. He wasn't asked many policy questions.

These were his "positions"
1. On whether we should go into Iraq "I guess so"
2. On Barack Obama's place of birth: pure rightwingnut bigot birfer
3. On reproductive choice pro choice when it was his bimbo having the baby.

He has no moral center. He's certainly not "far left" unless one considers being mainstream on the issue of reproductive choice "far left" or believe unless you're a full tilt rightwingnut that you're somehow far left.

It must be unpleasant having to defend an obvious moral leper like Hillary.

Trump would have run as the liberal Democrat he is in 2012 if he had thought he could beat Obama. But Obama pre-empted by totally pwning Trump's birtherism in 2011.

Not quite. Trump's open feud with Obama is what drove Trump to start wearing the faux conservative costume. Trump tried to buy Obama, but failed. From there he decided he wanted to take revenge.
He's probably also still hurting over Obama's roasting of him at the Correspondence Dinner.
In fact, knowing how thin-skinned he is, the original reason for running for President is likely to give him the chance to do the same to Obama.

Their feud was in full force by that point. Trump had already declared war on Obama.
Yes, but Trump had not been embarrassed by Obama up to that point.

Obama kept his powder dry. For a long time. He was patient. He let Trump make a public ass of himself, giving Obama more ammunition.

And then he totally blasted Trump out of the water at that dinner.
Yeah, right. of course the whole 3 year long charade was all just to embarrass Trump.

It takes a special kind of stupid to fall for a story like that.

3. I win!

That is what is so painful.

I agree 100%.

I also think Hillary is only in this because she feels her legacy would be unfullfilled if she does not run and win. She's not in it for anyone but herself.

3. I win!

I agree 100%.

I also think Hillary is only in this because she feels her legacy would be unfullfilled if she does not run and win. She's not in it for anyone but herself.

What is really painful is your knowledge that you're voting for the world's biggest douche bag.

3. I win!

I agree 100%.

What is really painful is your knowledge that you're voting for the world's biggest douche bag.

I assume you mean regardless of how you vote ?

3. I win!

I agree 100%.

No, I mean if you vote for Hillary. Trump is a minor league douche bag compared to Hillary.

3. I win!

I agree 100%.

No, I mean if you vote for Hillary. Trump is a minor league douche bag compared to Hillary.

Not a term I like (douche bag).

But I find both of them to be repugnant at nearly the same level of intensity.

Forum List

Back