In Florida not even government contractors need to check legal employment status.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
I have to chuckle at those who believe DeSantis is the guy that will do anything about illegals working here. I posted the day on this and here we are again. A government contractor employing illegals and even after it was discovered the government contracts continue coming. Is the business raided? Of course not, the government needs to get the work completed.

Gov. Ron DeSantis’ administration has paid more than $8 million to a construction contractor since authorities found it had hired several undocumented workers — including two men who have been charged in connection with the death of a Pinellas County deputy.

The state contractor, Archer Western-De Moya Joint Venture, has a standing contract with the Florida Department of Transportation to do work on the Gateway Expressway in the Tampa Bay area. Records show the payments, which are part of a multi-year half-billion dollar contract, have not stopped since the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office announced the findings.

State pays millions to company employing undocumented workers linked to deputy’s death

DeSantis may be the biggest fraud in politics.

I have to chuckle at those who believe DeSantis is the guy that will do anything about illegals working here. I posted the day on this and here we are again. A government contractor employing illegals and even after it was discovered the government contracts continue coming. Is the business raided? Of course not, the government needs to get the work completed.

Gov. Ron DeSantis’ administration has paid more than $8 million to a construction contractor since authorities found it had hired several undocumented workers — including two men who have been charged in connection with the death of a Pinellas County deputy.

The state contractor, Archer Western-De Moya Joint Venture, has a standing contract with the Florida Department of Transportation to do work on the Gateway Expressway in the Tampa Bay area. Records show the payments, which are part of a multi-year half-billion dollar contract, have not stopped since the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office announced the findings.

State pays millions to company employing undocumented workers linked to deputy’s death

This is crazy.

Federal law only requires workers on a W2 to check for employment status, moron.

How does this make Gov. DeSantis a "fraud" at all?

Even if these were state government employees, the Florida government is huge and the governor isn't personally involved in checking prospective employee's resumes.

But they weren't. These were the employees of a contractor.

It is illegal to hire illegals, unless they have a greencard. This goes for ALL companies in this country.
The laws are specific on this. But THOUSANDS of companies DO this, and have been doing it since the 1970's.

None of this is Desantis' doing, you moron.

It is illegal to hire illegals, unless they have a greencard. This goes for ALL companies in this country.
The laws are specific on this. But THOUSANDS of companies DO this, and have been doing it since the 1970's.

None of this is Desantis' doing, you moron.
When they are contractors, they aren't employees. You aren't required to check their employment status.

How does this make Gov. DeSantis a "fraud" at all?

Even if these were state government employees, the Florida government is huge and the governor isn't personally involved in checking prospective employee's resumes.
My previous post explains why he is a fraud. He pretended to push a mandatory e-verify bill that in the end exempted everyone from e-verify.

This is why. Florida would come to a screeching halt if it was actually done.

Florida: Come, we have construction jobs for you. Along with agriculture and well, about anything else you want to work at. We aren't going to check.

To quote GWB "that's some weird s**t"

It has been known for decades that construction has immigration people in it. Perhaps you should have pointed it out back then.

When they are contractors, they aren't employees. You aren't required to check their employment status.

Well, in Texas, they are supposed to have greencards..........even if they are contractors. To show they have the legal right to work temporarily in this state.

I don't know if this is a federal law or up to the states, but I know they HAVE to have a greencard in order to hold any kind of legal job in this state.

My previous post explains why he is a fraud. He pretended to push a mandatory e-verify bill that in the end exempted everyone from e-verify.

Florida: Come, we have construction jobs for you. Along with agriculture and well, about anything else you want to work at. We aren't going to check.

The Biden Regime allows millions of Illegals come across the border. As long as that is happening, why do you libs think that they should just sit on their keisters while they are here? Are you trying to create a new Dependent Class to replace the blacks to vote your party into power?

The Biden Regime allows millions of Illegals come across the border. As long as that is happening, why do you libs think that they should just sit on their keisters while they are here? Are you trying to create a new Dependent Class to replace the blacks to vote your party into power?

These people were building Florida's roads and bridges for years. Even under Trump. But you know that.

I don't know if this is a federal law or up to the states, but I know they HAVE to have a greencard in order to hold any kind of legal job in this state.

That's just not true. Some people have federal employment authorization without any kind of permanent residency.

so I guess that means Florida is really a Sanctuary State?

Which everyone and their brother, who has ever in their life lived in Florida even for a year, KNOW THIS IS TRUE!

so I guess that means Florida is really a Sanctuary State?

Which everyone and their brother, who has ever in their life lived in Florida even for a year, KNOW THIS IS TRUE!

I told this story before. My son moved to Florida. He gets his first check and not having a bank yet he goes to a check cashing place. He calls me complaining about the long lines and how long it takes. I tell him the place likely cashes checks and also processes money to Mexico.

He laughs and tells me right on the wall is a sign that says they send money to Mexico.

Imagine how much of this country would come to a grinding halt if every undocumented worker disappeared. People digging ditches laying pipe, contractors, builders, agriculture, meat packing plants, the list is endless. Like it or not, that is our reality right now. And you bitch that Starbucks can't make your order fast enough?

And, of course, the charlatans like the Florida gov. who enables it.

He is the Herschel Walker of abortions, say one thing, do another.

Imagine how much of this country would come to a grinding halt if every undocumented worker disappeared. People digging ditches laying pipe, contractors, builders, agriculture, meat packing plants, the list is endless. Like it or not, that is our reality right now. And you bitch that Starbucks can't make your order fast enough?

And, of course, the charlatans like the Florida gov. who enables it.

He is the Herschel Walker of abortions, say one thing, do another.
There is validity in what you say. But if there are ten times more here not doing that and collecting benefits and checks and medical and schooling it gets expensive. So, one person in a home with ten doing work. Not impossible. Something that is a fuzzy situation that becomes an argument in politics.

Anyone you don't like is a fraud.

Makes me giggle.

Forum List

Back