In light of the attacks in Paris...shall we discuss gun control?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I am ready to discuss gun control on this issue when anyone is willing......

Did the extreme gun control laws of France, far stricter than those here in the United States, prevent any of these attackers from getting their guns? You cannot legally own guns in FRance outside of some hunting shotguns and they probably have to be kept in a gun club..and you have to go through tremendous hassles to get access to those guns....does anyone think these terrorists did that?

Will we find out that these terrorists were well known to the French government?

As I have been saying...guns are easy to get in Europe if you are a criminal or a terrorist...that they don't use them more is simply a choice, not because they lack access....as these attacks show.

And in Europe..their criminals and terrorists prefer fully automatic rifles......as well as grenades....

Gun control worked incredibly well in France....not one of the victims who was murdered tonight will have been armed and able to resist the attack....

But....But....they don't have the kind of mass shootings that we do in America...right? And what have I said in post after post.....the culture over there is changing and that they were importing criminals to commit the gun crime that European criminals won't do...

And I would point out that armed French citizens could likely have reduced the ability of the attackers to kill the unarmed victims so easily.

Also...I have posted that the number of casualties in attacks in gun free societies will always be higher...because no one is armed, including many of the police forces...which means the time it takes for their special operations police...you know..the ones with guns...takes far longer to get into the fight...

These attacks show this to be true....

If you live in New York city...I would suggest watching yourself in public places and carry your concealed carry pistol if you haven't made a habit of it....oh....wait....that's right.....only those with the money to hire a lawyer can actually get a permit to carry a gun in New York city.....and of course the bodyguards of the political class......

I point out New York city because these nuts seem to focus on New York..but if you live in other big cities...Chicago, and L.A. I would keep your eyes open......

Does anyone think that these attackers only used 10 round magazines.....considering that all magazines are illegal in France....

Does anyone think that there is never a need for a normal citizen to carry a gun for protection and to have the ability to carry a standard capacity pistol magazine...meaning some of the models that carry 15-19 rounds.....and do you think that some of the victims..tonight...wish they had a gun on them at the time of the attack? Or do you think they would still stand by being disarmed if they were alive to contemplate the idea?

How can you politicise this tragedy before the bodies are even cold?!

Because of the anti gun extremists....as I have posted in the past...I used to wait to post on these things out of respect for the dead and wounded....and then I would sit there and watch the news as anti gun extremist after extremist would march to the cameras and start calling for more gun control...long before the bodies had grown cold and the blood had dried....

And they would never get called on it.........and they would get praised for their dedication to making people safe.....even though it was their policies that made people into victims..

So...I will no longer give ground to the anti gun extremists......

Guns in the hands of normal, law abiding people would have saved lives in France.....that is the truth. And they were kept from saving lives, including their own, by dumb people....who thought that extreme gun laws would keep guns out of the hands of people who ignore the law....

They used explosives too. At least that is what current reports indicate.

I am sure we can argue that ISIS or Syrian immigrants did this in the days to come, but for now, can we just focus on the good people of Paris who are suffering?

Because it is a very political matter!

It's a case of government having disarmed its citizenry and leaving it open for radicals to conduct massacres like this.

And there will be more coming.

Granny says, "Dat's right - any dem jahaboobs come`round here...

... dey gonna be dealin' with...

... the business end of a 12ga. Mossburg.

It's a case of government having disarmed its citizenry and leaving it open for radicals to conduct massacres like this.
People being armed in Paris could have prevented the attacks?

Hmm...

:cuckoo:

Well, if they are coming here I am sure people like you will prevent such attacks.

We thank you ahead of time for putting your life on the line

:rofl:

Last edited:
Fox is reporting 140 dead and that will be going up..........

as I have said...in these disarmed countries, where even the police are likely unarmed.....the death count will be higher than here in the states....

People being armed in Paris could have prevented teh attacks?

Hmm...

:cuckoo:

Well, if they are coming here I am sure people like you will prevent such attacks.

We thank you ahead of time for putting your life on the line

:rofl:

Do you doubt that if someone there had guns they could have saved lives...140 dead...reports they executed the concert goers one by one....

Fox is reporting 140 dead and that will be going up..........

as I have said...in these disarmed countries, where even the police are likely unarmed.....the death count will be higher than here in the states....

Yeah, Americans just stretch the mass murder rate out over the entire year...

I am ready to discuss gun control on this issue when anyone is willing...
What does gun control in America have to do with terrorist attacks overseas??

It's the gunlubbers' Blame the Victim scenario. They do this every time.

Moron...we don't blame the victim....we blame the anti gun extremists who create gun free zones where killers can't be stopped.....

Forum List

Back