In normal world, this is known as "fraud".

No fraud is committed by those who DO deceive. Nobody can defraud a lender or even attempt to defraud a lender by overvaluing his property because the lender will not take the borrower's word for the value of the collateral. You can take that fact to the bank.

Great, then post the law which shows that...

The State of New York, as I have explained multiple times. When you break a jurisidiction's laws, the jurisdiction is the victim.

That's why many cases are called "The People of (Jurisdiction) vs. (Defendant's Name)". I'll bet you've heard that phrase many times, whether you'll admit it or not.

My goodnesss, you people and your intellectual rabbit hole. You are hopeless.
Wrong. You haven’t “explained” anything. And the small snippet which you’re struggling to verbalize is incorrect, anyway.

The legal definition of fraud isn’t some foggy amorphous thing. It is a term which the law defines.

Fraud Cases (like other criminal charges) are brought against defendants in NY in the NAME of the People. But that doesn’t translate into the People being the alleged victims of the charged fraud.

Try again, Skippy.

For the typically ignorant denier of reality, Mac.1958.

Penal Law - § 190.65 Scheme to defraud in the first degree​

1. A person is guilty of a scheme to defraud in the first degree when he or she:  (a) engages in a scheme constituting a systematic ongoing course of conduct with intent to defraud ten or more persons or to obtain property from ten or more persons by false or fraudulent pretenses, representations or promises, and so obtains property from one or more of such persons;  or (b) engages in a scheme constituting a systematic ongoing course of conduct with intent to defraud more than one person or to obtain property from more than one person by false or fraudulent pretenses, representations or promises, and so obtains property with a value in excess of one thousand dollars from one or more such persons;  or (c) engages in a scheme constituting a systematic ongoing course of conduct with intent to defraud more than one person, more than one of whom is a vulnerable elderly person as defined in subdivision three of section 260.30of this chapter or to obtain property from more than one person, more than one of whom is a vulnerable elderly person as defined in subdivision three of section 260.30of this chapter, by false or fraudulent pretenses, representations or promises, and so obtains property from one or more such persons.
2. In any prosecution under this section, it shall be necessary to prove the identity of at least one person from whom the defendant so obtained property …
Poor mindless Mac.1958 can’t quite grasp that a crime of fraud can’t be completed by mere bad intentions alone, or even by bad intentions coupled with some specific conduct. It requires that there must be a specific victim.

And no. It doesn’t suffice to say “the ‘people,’ in general, are the victims.”

What department policy is violated by charging a candidate with crimes 19 months before an election?
How about covering up crimes of a favored candidate? Like Hillary or Joe Biden?

Every home we've sold I have valued higher than my real estate agent valued it. We both valued it higher to the potential buyer than the appraisal came in at. Nobody accused anybody of fraud. But we could drop the price to what the appraised value came in, the buyer felt like he/she got a good deal, and we got a fair price for the sale.

But I have yet to sell a property that the bank or other lender accepted the value I, the real estate agent, or the buyer put on it. They have it appraised by their own appraiser. And they also run a full background check on our buyer's credit, criminal record, etc. to be sure he/she is likely to be reliable to repay the loan.

See how the free market works? No fraud. No intended fraud. You just do business to the best advantage that is reasonable.

And since Trump has not defaulted on his Mar-a-lago loan nor have the bankers accused him of defrauding them, you can be sure they did the same before loaning millions of dollars and were satisfied they made a good deal. If Deutsche Bank who did a lot of business with Trump relied solely on Trump's own financial statements to make loans, then they may have been irresponsible and might should be investigated for being careless with their investor's money, but they certainly had all the resources they needed to investigate his background, credit history and net worth thoroughly.

I go by my own buying and selling history, by having a daughter-in-law and a good friend who are real estate agents.

We once bought a home when our previous home that was still mortgaged had not yet sold. We were in transitional jobs and didn't have an income at that time to merit two mortgages, but the lender made us the loan because we had been paying rent the equivalent of a mortgage payment plus the mortgage payments on the other house for a year with no defaults or late payments. So they made the judgment we were good for it. And we were.

But then we didn't have to deal with unbridled hate, dishonest prosecution, total TDS that Trump has to deal with.

You can be sure Deutsche bank who loaned Trump the money to buy Mar-a-lago knew he was good for it whether or not they used Trump's financial statements to make him the loan. They had been doing business with Trump for some time.

If your in a position of power and keep poking sticks at people who do not agree with you
. At some point they will be forced to fight back.
It is sad but Hate begets Hate.

How about covering up crimes of a favored candidate? Like Hillary or Joe Biden?

How about, these cult fantasies won't get you anywhere?

For the typically ignorant denier of reality, Mac.1958.

Poor mindless Mac.1958 can’t quite grasp that a crime of fraud can’t be completed by mere bad intentions alone, or even by bad intentions coupled with some specific conduct. It requires that there must be a specific victim.

And no. It doesn’t suffice to say “the ‘people,’ in general, are the victims.”
shyster cites the wrong law. lol. try 63 12 and see how it defines fraud, fraud.

How about, these cult fantasies won't get you anywhere?
Wait a few months. The House committees are doing a good job of uncovering how the Biden family profited from selling Joe’s influence and may find irrefutable evidence of Joe also profiting.

So we'll have to wait until you actually find evidence for things that you started believing a long time ago. Yup that tracks.
It would be a lot quicker and a lot easier if we had a DOJ and FBI who was not working for the Democrats.

In Normal World, when you overstate the value of your holdings on official documents for the purpose of obtaining loans, that's known as "fraud". When you VASTLY overstate them, that's known as "another day in TrumpWorld™".

Defrauding people is "bad" It's "dishonest". People who commit fraud are "lying".

Here are just a few examples of how Trump commits fraud on financial documents to MAKE IT SEEM that he has a LOT more money than he does.

Trump Tower Triplex
Trump's claim: 30,000 sq ft
Actual appraisal: 10,996 sq ft

Seven Springs Estate Value
Trump's claim: $291 million
Actual appraisal: $30 million

40 Wall Street
Trump's claim: $527 million
Actual appraisal: $220 million

Mar-A-Lago
Trump's claim: $612 million
Actual value: $27.6 million

TNGC Briarcliff and TNGC LA
Trump's claim: $73 million
Actual value: $16 million

============

So I guess the question is, why are his followers so willing to overlook blatant fraud like this? Would any of you like to answer that question?

Let the deflection and personal attacks begin!

Source: Page 21 and beyond, DocumentCloud
George Santos agrees with the numbers provided by the former 1-term fuckup.

Forum List

Back