In normal world, this is known as "fraud".

Every home we've sold I have valued higher than my real estate agent valued it. We both valued it higher to the potential buyer than the appraisal came in at. Nobody accused anybody of fraud. But we could drop the price to what the appraised value came in, the buyer felt like he/she got a good deal, and we got a fair price for the sale.

But I have yet to sell a property that the bank or other lender accepted the value I, the real estate agent, or the buyer put on it. They have it appraised by their own appraiser. And they also run a full background check on our buyer's credit, criminal record, etc. to be sure he/she is likely to be reliable to repay the loan.

See how the free market works? No fraud. No intended fraud. You just do business to the best advantage that is reasonable.

And since Trump has not defaulted on his Mar-a-lago loan nor have the bankers accused him of defrauding them, you can be sure they did the same before loaning millions of dollars and were satisfied they made a good deal. If Deutsche Bank who did a lot of business with Trump relied solely on Trump's own financial statements to make loans, then they may have been irresponsible and might should be investigated for being careless with their investor's money, but they certainly had all the resources they needed to investigate his background, credit history and net worth thoroughly.

** Flashing bluelights **

Officer: Do you know why I puled you over?

Driver: No, officer I do not.

Officer: You passed that school bus stopped with it's lights flashing.

Driver: Oh, sorry, no one was hurt right?

Officer, right, sorry, on your way then.

The laws are in place to mitigate the damage the markets have caused in the past. Just because one example didn't go bad does not mean there are not valid reasons for the laws or that they shouldn't be enforced.

The laws are in place to mitigate the damage the markets have caused in the past. Just because one example didn't go bad does not mean there are not valid reasons for the laws or that they shouldn't be enforced.
:clap:

They'll find a way to disagree with that.

Yes laws are in place. But when a judge refuses to allow a jury it becomes a dictatorship.

For the typically ignorant denier of reality, Mac.1958.

Poor mindless Mac.1958 can’t quite grasp that a crime of fraud can’t be completed by mere bad intentions alone, or even by bad intentions coupled with some specific conduct. It requires that there must be a specific victim.

And no. It doesn’t suffice to say “the ‘people,’ in general, are the victims.”
Criminal law vs. Civil Law.

This case against the Trump Crime Family, is under Civil law, and the Civil rule of law is different from the criminal law on fraud.

Because the Trump Family can not be imprisoned for committing fraud under civil law, the burden of proof and other legal measures is not as high in a civil court proceeding.

As example the 400 times Trump answered the deposing questions under oath in a criminal trial can not be used against the defendant, however in civil cases Trump pleading the fifth 400 times, can and usually does mean he is lying or guilty etc and can infer such which can be used against the defendant in this civil trial.

You should experience the pushback from normal people, once in a while. It might be the only thing that keeps you from becoming completely detached.
I enjoy the pushback as it often gives me a chance.to link to newspaper articles that backs up my posts. I have done that often in my replies to you. For example …

But I predict more evidence will come out implicating Joe Biden as also profiting from selling his influence. I could be wrong but many people today believe Joe Biden has acted unethically and a little more evidence and they may feel Joe acted in a criminal manner.

There is no law that says I cannot ask more for my home, my car, my owl collection, my business, or anything else than what they are actually worth and I endanger nobody by doing so. There is no competent lender, however, who is going to lend me more than the collateral is worth.

There is no law that says I cannot ask more for my home, my car, my owl collection, my business, or anything else than what they are actually worth and I endanger nobody by doing so. There is no competent lender, however, who is going to lend me more than the collateral is worth.

It's not about you.

I enjoy the pushback as it often gives me a chance.to link to newspaper articles that backs up my posts. I have done that often in my replies to you
False. You have posted opinion pieces that you don't read that don't support your position. They simply restate your wrong opinion.

Then don't post stuff that tries to convince me that you know more law than I do. Especially when it is a totally different thing than the thread topic.

You pretend to know more law than the judge.

Actually trying to divert from factual information about the law.
In what universe? The stuff you have said is wrong and dumb by any measure. Not least of which being the trial going on right now and the summary judgment that began it.

Forum List

Back