In Politics and Society: Is it Intolerant to be Intolerant of Intolerance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The blacklist was the direct effect of HUAC, as it was actively tracking down those who would associate with the Hollywood 10 and others it hauled before the House. Our government is not involved in the Robertson case in any way other than in guaranteeing his right to speak - as it should.

The blacklist was NOT the same as what GLAAD is doing in another important respect. The MPAA owned the Hollywood jobs. So, they were in a position to deny jobs to the 10. GLAAD is only in a position of an advocacy group, expressing its political opinion.

It would be a very different case if the TV entertainment industry had a single committee that refused to give jobs to anyone on GLAAD's list - but that is obviously NOT what is going on.

With all the total idiocy going on, I don't know exactly what GLAAD plans to do, but I would fully expect them to oppose those who have a public voice and who use that voice to proclaim discriminatory and bigoted statements concerning the LGBT community.

Basically, you still agree with blacklists as long as they conform with your beliefs. So, after all that typing, nothing has changed. Your intolerance is confirmed.

Wow I don't know how you came to that conclusion, lol...evidence again that you guys think it's intolerant to be intolerance of intolerance..

And quite neatly sidesteps your own culpability in free speech/freedom of religion infringements.

He supports GLAAD's researching Robertson's sponsors so they can blacklist him to prevent him from publically expressing his religious beliefs. I feel that's wrong. I have no problem with Robertson making his comments. I have no problem with GLAAD complaining. I don't even have a problem with A&E suspending him...they are all within their rights. However, to blacklist him and try to prevent him from expressing himself is intolerance at its heart and wrong.

I don't know I have any culpability in free speech/freedom of religion infringements. Can you help me out with that?

Well therein lies the problem,

you're not adequately familiar with the definition of hate speech.

"The Supreme Court embraces the idea that hate speech is permissible unless it will lead to imminent hate violence".

R.A.V. v. City of St. Paul, (1992), 505 U.S. 377

You just proved my point. It doesn't have to lead to violence to called hate speech.

I never claimed it was impermissible. I claimed it was hate speech. It is.

you intolerant leftie marxist anti-Christians really want to declare the Bible as a book of "hate speech"...
...afterall wasn't that the source of Robertson's intolerant-to-you "hate speech"...?

1. Genesis 19:5: "And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, where are the men which came in to thee this night? Bring them out unto us, that we may know them."

2. Leviticus 18:22: " Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

3. Leviticus 20:13: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

4. Deuteronomy 23:17: " There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel."

5. Judges 19:22: "Now as they were making their hearts merry, behold, the men of the city, certain sons of Belial, beset the house round about, and beat at the door, and spake to the master of the house, the old man, saying, Bring forth the man that came into thine house, that we may know him."

6. 1 Kings 14:24: "And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel."

7. 1 Kings 15:12: "And he took away the sodomites out of the land, and removed all the idols that his fathers had made."

8. 1 Kings 22:46: "And the remnant of the sodomites, which remained in the days of his father Asa, he took out of the land."

9. 2 Kings 23:7: "And he brake down the houses of the sodomites, that were by the house of the LORD, where the women wove hangings for the grove."

10. Romans 1:26-27: "For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."

11. 1 Corinthian 6:9: "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind."

12. 1 Timothy 1:9:10: "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;"

What Does the Bible Say About Homosexuality? 12 Scripture Verses About Gay Marriage - PolicyMic

ps: the above smilies were not of my doing....but somehow automatically included with the quote...

Last edited:
You took it out of context and put your own spin on his exact words.
He did not claim homosexuality was the root of all evil for cripes sake.
He said he loves everyone regardless of what he feels their shortcomings are.

Dude! You just contradicted yourself! What you're talking about ^^ is not what you're talking about here:

Oh, well heaven's sakes, of course he would NEVER do that!!!

I mean, he only lumped homosexuality in with bestiality and terrorism, starting with homosexuality. No, why of course he meant nothing by that.

And if I say that when you start with Christians, then it's just a short jump over to pedophiles and cannabals and mass murderers and stalkers and people who only bathe every two years, you would of course not be offended in the slightest to see the word "Christians" lumped in with all those other groups, right? Because it is free speech, right? And it's the same methodology Mr. Ducky Duck used. And gee, why should we ever use logic to connect the dots in what a person is saying, right?

Dear Lord, get over it.

I already said that I support his right to say whatever his little heart desires. But that doesn't make it any less informed, any less stupid or any less repugnant.

And it is fun as hell to watch many Righties here try to jump through as many hoops as possible and twist themselves into pretzels to justify what he said. Good God, there is no need to justify it. The man has the right to say it, just as I have the right to laugh or scorn at him for it. Only, may laughing and scorn, Righties love to call intolerance. They are like screaming babies when it comes to this stuff.

Geez....

Let's see...This tidbit of conversation was not between you and I.

Hope you feel better after your rant.

Who the hell do you think you are to dump your contrived BS on me?

[MENTION=31258]BDBoop[/MENTION] ?? Really? You thanked this attack on me??

[MENTION=31178]MeBelle60[/MENTION] - this is open thread on an open forum, where any member can contribute. If that bothers you too much and you want your conversation with someone in particular to be private, then I suggest you get a room...

Basically, you still agree with blacklists as long as they conform with your beliefs. So, after all that typing, nothing has changed. Your intolerance is confirmed.
No, I absolutely oppose blacklists. The whole HUAC thing was a serious problem, with blacklists being one of the ugly results.

I do not oppose interest groups knowing who there opponents are. From there, we have all sorts of laws concerning what advocacy groups are allowed to do.

Boycotts usually aren't very effective, but if they manage some sort of boycott, that is a legal activity of organized free speech. That is not a "blacklist" situation.

No, I absolutely oppose blacklists. The whole HUAC thing was a serious problem, with blacklists being one of the ugly results.

I do not oppose interest groups knowing who there opponents are. From there, we have all sorts of laws concerning what advocacy groups are allowed to do.

Boycotts usually aren't very effective, but if they manage some sort of boycott, that is a legal activity of organized free speech. That is not a "blacklist" situation.

But, researching everyone he's sponsored for so they can ensure he's preventing from working for anyone IS a blacklisting situation, as I'm sure you're aware. And, THAT'S being intolerant.

Wow what a jerk you are. Gays are none of those things you retard.

The actual context of the comments is that Robertson is talking about sinners. The Self Feeding Troll has altered it to only be about Gays so he can continue to vilify Robertson. Don't let him upset you. He's suffering under the illusion that he is making an argument.

NYC dishonestly mischaracterizes Phil Robertson's statements just as he dishonestly mischaracterizes mine and some others.

Yes, Phil Robertson believes that the Bible teaches that homosexuality is a sin. He believes the Bible teaches a LOT of things are sins. He describes himself as one of the worlds biggest sinners. He is very clear that we all have sinned and fallen short because he believes that is what the Bible teaches. And he is very clear that he loves everybody including gay people.

Phil Robertson has every bit as much right to his beliefs as anybody has right to his/her beliefs. And he should not be physically and/or materially punished for no reason that he stated his belief when an interviewer asked him for it.

Why, sure he does, and if he has to endure a blowback for it, then it's his own Goddamn fault for being that stupid.

And you still have not proven that anyone has physically harmed that man in any way, shape or form. Not even one little bit.

Was any part of his body injured?

I highly doubt you believe in Leviticus law.

So, why do you think it's persuasive to trot out that stuff?

Or, are you just trying to make and excuse for Robertson?
you intolerant leftie marxist anti-Christians really want to declare the Bible as a book of "hate speech"...
...afterall wasn't that the source of Robertson's intolerant-to-you "hate speech"...?

1. Genesis 19:5: "And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, where are the men which came in to thee this night? Bring them out unto us, that we may know them."

2. Leviticus 18:22: " Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

3. Leviticus 20:13: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

4. Deuteronomy 23:17: " There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel."

5. Judges 19:22: "Now as they were making their hearts merry, behold, the men of the city, certain sons of Belial, beset the house round about, and beat at the door, and spake to the master of the house, the old man, saying, Bring forth the man that came into thine house, that we may know him."

6. 1 Kings 14:24: "And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel."

7. 1 Kings 15:12: "And he took away the sodomites out of the land, and removed all the idols that his fathers had made."

8. 1 Kings 22:46: "And the remnant of the sodomites, which remained in the days of his father Asa, he took out of the land."

9. 2 Kings 23:7: "And he brake down the houses of the sodomites, that were by the house of the LORD, where the women wove hangings for the grove."

10. Romans 1:26-27: "For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."

11. 1 Corinthian 6:9: "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind."

12. 1 Timothy 1:9:10: "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;"

What Does the Bible Say About Homosexuality? 12 Scripture Verses About Gay Marriage - PolicyMic

The actual context of the comments is that Robertson is talking about sinners. The Self Feeding Troll has altered it to only be about Gays so he can continue to vilify Robertson. Don't let him upset you. He's suffering under the illusion that he is making an argument.

NYC dishonestly mischaracterizes Phil Robertson's statements just as he dishonestly mischaracterizes mine and some others.

Yes, Phil Robertson believes that the Bible teaches that homosexuality is a sin. He believes the Bible teaches a LOT of things are sins. He describes himself as one of the worlds biggest sinners. He is very clear that we all have sinned and fallen short because he believes that is what the Bible teaches. And he is very clear that he loves everybody including gay people.

Phil Robertson has every bit as much right to his beliefs as anybody has right to his/her beliefs. And he should not be physically and/or materially punished for no reason that he stated his belief when an interviewer asked him for it.

Why, sure he does, and if he has to endure a blowback for it, then it's his own Goddamn fault for being that stupid.

And you still have not proven that anyone has physically harmed that man in any way, shape or form. Not even one little bit.

Was any part of his body injured?

And GLAAD's surprise at the backlash against their intolerance is to be expected?

BTW, you might as well get over the "physically harmed" wording. FF has explained it and you are just beginning to look OCD over it.

Phil Robertson said this:

"Women with women. Men with men. They committed indecent acts with one another. And they received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. They're full of murder, envy, strife, hatred. They are insolent, arrogant God haters. They are heartless. They are faithless. They are senseless. They are ruthless. They invent ways of doing evil."

But he doesn't just 'say' that, he preaches that belief. And no conservative on this board will acknowledge that the above is quite simply, hate speech, by the most basic measure of what hate speech is.

And just for clarity of what PR is saying in the above, let me accentuate what he is saying by a precise paraphrase that only replaces some pronouns with who they refer to:

Women with women. Men with men. They committed indecent acts with one another. And they received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Gays are full of murder, envy, strife, hatred.

Gays are insolent, arrogant God haters.

Gays are heartless.

Gays are faithless.

Gays are senseless.

Gays are ruthless.

Gays invent ways of doing evil.

...so there. That is what Phil Robertson believes and preaches. Not one conservative on this forum calls that hate speech.

That is what is wrong with Phil Robertson and that is what is wrong with modern day American conservatism.

'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson: Five more debate-worthy quotes - latimes.com

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Defenders Notes >>

1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

The Holy Bible

NYcarbineer, So what other parts of the Bible would you choose to edit, rewrite, or delete?

In your quotes, if the word Human was substituted for Gays, it would sort of remind me of the description that led up to either Noah's Flood, or the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. Man's state outside of God's Grace is a fallen state, you get that, right.
Whether the cross one bears is deceit, unfaithfulness, kleptomania, dependance, addiction, envy, hate, slothfulness, lust, straight or gay, or whatever, it is still a corruption of Spirit. If Christ came to save the perfect, no one would qualify, you get that, too, I hope.
Hey, we each have our cross to bear, it is for us to choose, sooner or later. Christ never said it was a cake walk.
I would not expect anyone to justify my personal wrong actions. I would hope to loved in spite of them. There is a distinction here. I might even suggest that Salvation hangs in the balance. Get it? Good. ;)

Lovely quote from Romans. It is, however, not a quote of Yeshua. In fact, Yeshua never once addresses homosexuality. Not one single time. I have mentioned this more than once and every person I have mentioned it to has gone into "duck and cover" mode.

If this is such an important issue and God is all-knowing and Jeshua is supposed to be every bit as all knowing and can see into the future, why did Jeshua not address this, ever?

"The Supreme Court embraces the idea that hate speech is permissible unless it will lead to imminent hate violence".

R.A.V. v. City of St. Paul, (1992), 505 U.S. 377

You just proved my point. It doesn't have to lead to violence to called hate speech.

ps: the above smilies were not of my doing....but somehow automatically included with the quote...

the term that has been translated into "Somodite" in English from the Torah does not refer to gays. The people who committed sexual transgression in Sodom and Gomorrah were straight. This is why Lot told his daughters to not go into the city, so they would not be raped by men. Gay men do not rape girls. Fail.

Last edited:

what i'm saying is the anti-Christian Marxist lefties attacking Robertson is basically the same thing as them attacking the Bible...

Yes, people who want to engage or justify depraved lifestyles always like to pick this or that part of the bible to reject.

But the truth of the matter is, to Christians, the entire book is the Word of God. The Holy Spirit dwells within the very words, and thus the words throughout are perfection.

"
12 “All things are lawful unto me,” but all things are not expedient. “All things are lawful for me,” but I will not be brought under the power of any.
13 “Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats,” but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.
14 And God hath both raised up the Lord and will also raise up us by His own power.
15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them the members of a harlot? God forbid!
16 What? Know ye not that he who is joined to a harlot is one body with her? “For two,” saith He, “shall be one flesh.”
17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
18 Flee fornication. Every other sin which a man doeth is outside the body, but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
19 What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you and which ye have from God, and that ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price. Therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.'

1 Corinthians 6 KJ21 - Dare any of you, having a complaint - Bible Gateway

the term that has been translated into "Somodite" in English from the Torah does not refer to gays. The people who committed sexual transgression in Sodom and Gomorrah were straight. This is why Lot told his daughter to no go into the city, so they would not be raped by men. Gay men to do rape girls. Fail.

Of course it refers to gays, and anyone else who sodomizes other men.

But, researching everyone he's sponsored for so they can ensure he's preventing from working for anyone IS a blacklisting situation, as I'm sure you're aware. And, THAT'S being intolerant.
According to WHO is this blacklisting?

I already pointed out key elements that are missing.

GLAAD doesn't own the jobs. There is no federal support for squelching Robertson or his friends free speech rights. What GLAAD is doing is lobbying against those who use their position to advocate discrimination and bigotry against the LGBT community. There isn't anything illegal or otherwise wrong about that.

They have very limited powers. Alec Baldwin lost his show. Mel Gibson is down a lot. There can be ramifications, but it's no sure thing and any of these guys can find work - unlike the real case of blacklisting.

what i'm saying is the anti-Christian Marxist lefties attacking Robertson is basically the same thing as them attacking the Bible...

I personally have not attacked the Bible, neither yours nor mine. I am questioning a man's abuse of the Bible in order to spread hate. It's his right, he can do it, but I can also call him out for it. You know what that is called? That is called freedom, personal liberty and democracy. You should try it, you might even like it.

He didn't abuse the bible. You are PRETENDING the words are his, when in fact they are scripture.

Just as NYC is.

According to WHO is this blacklisting?

I already pointed out key elements that are missing.

GLAAD doesn't own the jobs. There is no federal support for squelching Robertson or his friends free speech rights. What GLAAD is doing is lobbying against those who use their position to advocate discrimination and bigotry against the LGBT community. There isn't anything illegal or otherwise wrong about that.

They have very limited powers. Alec Baldwin lost his show. Mel Gibson is down a lot. There can be ramifications, but it's no sure thing and any of these guys can find work - unlike the real case of blacklisting.

So the bible is what is being protested as "discrimination and bigotry"?

"Don't become so tolerant you tolerate intolerance." - Bill Maher

In the case of the Ducks guy (I don't watch the show) he absolutely got a raw deal. But then, as a Fox News person said last night (and I said in other posts about this issue previously) he signed a contract to get the show. If he then did or said something that borke the contract, then whatever punishment was instituted in the contract was appropriate.

Absent a contract, he would have been free to say whatever he likes. Of course, no one would then know who he is. So the matter's not a straight foward 1st Amendment issue. It's a contract law issue if anything.

I'm curious. Did his contract actually stipulate that he couldn't make non-PC observations about his religious beliefs?

Phil Robertson said this:

"Women with women. Men with men. They committed indecent acts with one another. And they received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. They're full of murder, envy, strife, hatred. They are insolent, arrogant God haters. They are heartless. They are faithless. They are senseless. They are ruthless. They invent ways of doing evil."

But he doesn't just 'say' that, he preaches that belief. And no conservative on this board will acknowledge that the above is quite simply, hate speech, by the most basic measure of what hate speech is.

And just for clarity of what PR is saying in the above, let me accentuate what he is saying by a precise paraphrase that only replaces some pronouns with who they refer to:

Women with women. Men with men. They committed indecent acts with one another. And they received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Gays are full of murder, envy, strife, hatred.

Gays are insolent, arrogant God haters.

Gays are heartless.

Gays are faithless.

Gays are senseless.

Gays are ruthless.

Gays invent ways of doing evil.

...so there. That is what Phil Robertson believes and preaches. Not one conservative on this forum calls that hate speech.

That is what is wrong with Phil Robertson and that is what is wrong with modern day American conservatism.

'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson: Five more debate-worthy quotes - latimes.com

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Defenders Notes >>

1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

The Holy Bible

NYcarbineer, So what other parts of the Bible would you choose to edit, rewrite, or delete?

In your quotes, if the word Human was substituted for Gays, it would sort of remind me of the description that led up to either Noah's Flood, or the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. Man's state outside of God's Grace is a fallen state, you get that, right.
Whether the cross one bears is deceit, unfaithfulness, kleptomania, dependance, addiction, envy, hate, slothfulness, lust, straight or gay, or whatever, it is still a corruption of Spirit. If Christ came to save the perfect, no one would qualify, you get that, too, I hope.
Hey, we each have our cross to bear, it is for us to choose, sooner or later. Christ never said it was a cake walk.
I would not expect anyone to justify my personal wrong actions. I would hope to loved in spite of them. There is a distinction here. I might even suggest that Salvation hangs in the balance. Get it? Good. ;)

1. you're falsely accusing me of misquoting Robertson. I quoted him VERBATIM, from the source cited,
and they include their own source.

2. What I did was paraphrase the quote, putting the word 'Gay' in place of 'They' because the 'they' in Robertson's quote is a direct reference to the 'women with women' and 'men with men' that he begins his quote with. If you understand the use of the English language you would understand nouns and pronouns.

3. So, if you want to about this subject maturely (which as you see no one else among my critics here today want to do), apologize to me for the disparaging, false accusations and we can start over.

GLAAD is NOT our government. Need I say more?

No, you've made your support for blacklists that support your political agenda perfectly clear.
You tried to compare this to a case of serious government action taken against citizens for political purpose. That is where "blacklist" came from.

The rules for what citizens can do and what our government can do are NOT the same - and, for VERY good reason.

But this is not a thread about government blacklists. This is a thread about tolerance. A concept that as long as we are not treading on the rights of others, we should all be able to express a belief about ANYTHING, left, right, up, down, whatever, without fear that some mob, group, or organization will target us to be punished physically and/lor materially. It does not mean that we agree with what others say. It does not mean we are required to associate with people we find unacceptable. It does not mean that we cannot say we don't like what the other person said or that we won't do business with somebody.

It only means that we allow others their opinions and beliefs as we want to be able to express our own opinions and beliefs without fear that some mob, group, or organization will try to hurt us for no other reason than they don't like our opinion or stated belief.

Do you believe people should be able to express their beliefs and/or opinions or do you not believe that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back