In Politics and Society: Is it Intolerant to be Intolerant of Intolerance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil Robertson said this:

"Women with women. Men with men. They committed indecent acts with one another. And they received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. They're full of murder, envy, strife, hatred. They are insolent, arrogant God haters. They are heartless. They are faithless. They are senseless. They are ruthless. They invent ways of doing evil."

But he doesn't just 'say' that, he preaches that belief. And no conservative on this board will acknowledge that the above is quite simply, hate speech, by the most basic measure of what hate speech is.

And just for clarity of what PR is saying in the above, let me accentuate what he is saying by a precise paraphrase that only replaces some pronouns with who they refer to:

Women with women. Men with men. They committed indecent acts with one another. And they received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Gays are full of murder, envy, strife, hatred.

Gays are insolent, arrogant God haters.

Gays are heartless.

Gays are faithless.

Gays are senseless.

Gays are ruthless.

Gays invent ways of doing evil.

...so there. That is what Phil Robertson believes and preaches. Not one conservative on this forum calls that hate speech.

That is what is wrong with Phil Robertson and that is what is wrong with modern day American conservatism.

'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson: Five more debate-worthy quotes - latimes.com

Last edited:

"Women with women. Men with men. They committed indecent acts with one another. And they received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. They're full of murder, envy, strife, hatred. They are insolent, arrogant God haters. They are heartless. They are faithless. They are senseless. They are ruthless. They invent ways of doing evil."

But he doesn't just 'say' that, he preaches that belief. And no conservative on this board will acknowledge that the above is quite simply, hate speech, by the most basic measure of what hate speech is.

And just for clarity of what PR is saying in the above, let me accentuate what he is saying by a precise paraphrase that only replaces some pronouns with who they refer to:

Women with women. Men with men. They committed indecent acts with one another. And they received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Gays are heartless.

Gays are faithless.

Gays are senseless.

Gays are ruthless.

...so there. That is what Phil Robertson believes and preaches. Not one conservative on this forum calls that hate speech.

That is what is wrong with Phil Robertson and that is what is wrong with modern day American conservatism.

Definitely not hate speech.

But, don't you understand that the Self Feeding Troll thinks that anything that doesn't support and totally accepting of what IT thinks is correct MUST be hate speech. For, we can't tolerate any dissent.

Now, if you'd stop quoting him, I'd never have to read his childish rants. :)

Gays are heartless.

Gays are faithless.

Gays are senseless.

Gays are ruthless.

The fact that people like you don't consider that hate speech is exactly the point I'm making about conservatives.

But, don't you understand that the Self Feeding Troll thinks that anything that doesn't support and totally accepting of what IT thinks is correct MUST be hate speech. For, we can't tolerate any dissent.

Now, if you'd stop quoting him, I'd never have to read his childish rants. :)

Just for the rest of you - FYI - this is why hunarcy has become such a petulant cry baby. I caught him in a bald faced lie yesterday.

it's really quite amusing:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/8351526-post1153.html

Gays are heartless.

Gays are faithless.

Gays are senseless.

Gays are ruthless.

Since you did quote him, I did notice that he made it all about Gays instead of Sinners. Guess he had to approach it dishonestly so he could make his "point".

What do you think hatespeech is?

Conveying a tangible threat or call to violence and/or taking specific action of the same type based on race, creed, religion or gender.

Well therein lies the problem,

you're not adequately familiar with the definition of hate speech.

"The Supreme Court embraces the idea that hate speech is permissible unless it will lead to imminent hate violence".

R.A.V. v. City of St. Paul, (1992), 505 U.S. 377

Gays are heartless.

Gays are faithless.

Gays are senseless.

Gays are ruthless.

Since you did quote him, I did notice that he made it all about Gays instead of Sinners. Guess he had to approach it dishonestly so he could make his "point".

lol, now you've proven my prior point. Good work. There is no generalized reference to 'sinners' in Robertson's quote.

The passage in Romans I IS generalized, but Robinson got rid of that when he doctored the verses so that what he is saying is ALL about homosexuals.

I've been trying to tell you that for 3 days. Now you acknowledge it and think you're supporting your nonsense.

That makes it even better.

Gays are heartless.

Gays are faithless.

Gays are senseless.

Gays are ruthless.

You are a LYING POS, you quoted him completely out of context.

Last edited:
Conveying a tangible threat or call to violence and/or taking specific action of the same type based on race, creed, religion or gender.

"The Supreme Court embraces the idea that hate speech is permissible unless it will lead to imminent hate violence".

You just proved my point. It doesn't have to lead to violence to called hate speech.

I never claimed it was impermissible. I claimed it was hate speech. It is.

Gays are heartless.

Gays are faithless.

Gays are senseless.

Gays are ruthless.

You are a LYING POS

Exactly right. That's why I labeled him a "Self Feeding Troll" and put him on ignore a few days ago. It's been nice to not see the dishonesty he puts out so he can continue to post on his illusions.

Last edited:

Gays are heartless.

Gays are faithless.

Gays are senseless.

Gays are ruthless.

Wow what a jerk you are. Gays are none of those things you retard.

Gays are heartless.

Gays are faithless.

Gays are senseless.

Gays are ruthless.

You are a LYING POS, you quoted him completely out of context.

Really? Then put what he said into the context that proves he didn't say and mean what the above says and means.

Gays are heartless.

Gays are faithless.

Gays are senseless.

Gays are ruthless.

You are a LYING POS

Exactly right. That's why I labeled him a "Self Feeding Troll" and put him on ignore a few days ago. It's been nice to not see the dishonesty he puts out so he can continue to post on his illusions.

No, this why you put me on ignore:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/8351526-post1153.html

Gays are heartless.

Gays are faithless.

Gays are senseless.

Gays are ruthless.

The actual context of the comments is that Robertson is talking about sinners. The Self Feeding Troll has altered it to only be about Gays so he can continue to vilify Robertson. Don't let him upset you. He's suffering under the illusion that he is making an argument.

You just proved my point. It doesn't have to lead to violence to called hate speech.

I never claimed it was impermissible. I claimed it was hate speech. It is.

Hate speech is your created and defined term in this context.

You could have called it poopy speech.

Hate speech has to lead to violence for it to be defined with weight as such under law.

Anything you say negative about someone would be hate speech otherwise.

NYC's dishonesty is an integral part of his personality. He's annoying because obviously he doesn't have enough self-awareness to even realize how pathetic he really is.

Gays are heartless.

Gays are faithless.

Gays are senseless.

Gays are ruthless.

They are according to the preachings of 'devout Christian' 'Bible believing' Phil Robertson.

Take it up with him. I'm the messenger.

Gays are heartless.

Gays are faithless.

Gays are senseless.

Gays are ruthless.

The actual context of the comments is that Robertson is talking about sinners. The Self Feeding Troll has altered it to only be about Gays so he can continue to vilify Robertson. Don't let him upset you. He's suffering under the illusion that he is making an argument.

NYC dishonestly mischaracterizes Phil Robertson's statements just as he dishonestly mischaracterizes mine and some others.

Yes, Phil Robertson believes that the Bible teaches that homosexuality is a sin. He believes the Bible teaches a LOT of things are sins. He describes himself as one of the worlds biggest sinners. He is very clear that we all have sinned and fallen short because he believes that is what the Bible teaches. And he is very clear that he loves everybody including gay people.

Phil Robertson has every bit as much right to his beliefs as anybody has right to his/her beliefs. And he should not be physically and/or materially punished for no reason that he stated his belief when an interviewer asked him for it.

GLAAD is NOT our government. Need I say more?

No, you've made your support for blacklists that support your political agenda perfectly clear.
You tried to compare this to a case of serious government action taken against citizens for political purpose. That is where "blacklist" came from.

The rules for what citizens can do and what our government can do are NOT the same - and, for VERY good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back