In Regards To Roseanne.Remember "All In The Family"?,Did Anyone Have A Cow With Archie Bunker?

:1peleas: Yes, we can all agree that it was a long time ago, a different world way back then. But this is just something to look back on, and us "Over 40" people all watched "All In The Family", we all watched Archie Bunker have a field day attacking a few races, but particularly blacks.
It's it amazing, maybe boggles the mind of what we could get away with in the 70's, and no one on TV got fired or had their show cancelled?,,and we all saw that Classic Chevy Chase VS Richard Pryor sketch.,,and even with Chevy saying the N word at the end of the sketch, no one raised hell the next day,,demanding SNL be cancelled and Chevy Chase be sued...right?
:CryingCow:

Interesting comment. The examples you cite are sketchs, TV shows, fictional characters. If it was her character that did this I wouldn't have blinked an eye (provided it was funny.) But this was Roseanne showing her ass all over the internet for what she really is. I realize we didn't have the internet back in the day but I don't remember Chase, Pryor or Bunker doing anything like this.

:1peleas: Yes, we can all agree that it was a long time ago, a different world way back then. But this is just something to look back on, and us "Over 40" people all watched "All In The Family", we all watched Archie Bunker have a field day attacking a few races, but particularly blacks.
It's it amazing, maybe boggles the mind of what we could get away with in the 70's, and no one on TV got fired or had their show cancelled?,,and we all saw that Classic Chevy Chase VS Richard Pryor sketch.,,and even with Chevy saying the N word at the end of the sketch, no one raised hell the next day,,demanding SNL be cancelled and Chevy Chase be sued...right?
:CryingCow:
I was kind of young but I enjoyed that show as well as MASH

Rosanne doesn't speak for me and neither does any mentally ill celebrity. Which they of course they all are.

The pegging of a dumb womans remarks to an entire voting block is both childish and just plain idiotic by anyone regardless of views. The obsession with celebrities and their worthless opinions is just a reflection of those lacking real thoughts of their own.

It was the orange clown that pegged her to an entire voting block. He said something along the lines of "she is us". Of course we already knew that.

Rosanne doesn't speak for me and neither does any mentally ill celebrity. Which they of course they all are.

The pegging of a dumb womans remarks to an entire voting block is both childish and just plain idiotic by anyone regardless of views. The obsession with celebrities and their worthless opinions is just a reflection of those lacking real thoughts of their own.

It was the orange clown that pegged her to an entire voting block. He said something along the lines of "she is us". Of course we already knew that.
Since when do you give credibility to anything Trump says?
Oh right...just when it's convenient.
I could care less what either say on a daily basis or who claims offense.

What a childish response. You were the one whining about Roseann being linked to the right wing. When it was pointed out to you that Trump was the one responsible for that, you claim you don't care. Childish behavior much?

What a childish response. You were the one whining about Roseann being linked to the right wing. When it was pointed out to you that Trump was the one responsible for that, you claim you don't care. Childish behavior much?
Most of the linking is being done by the idiots obsessed with Trump having posts numbering in the tens of thousands...
Such as you.
If you regard my observation as whining...well, good for you.

Most of the linking is being done by the idiots obsessed with Trump having posts numbering in the tens of thousands...
Such as you.
Whose fault is it that there are thousands of links showing Trump saying and doing stupid things?

Such as you.
Whose fault is it that there are thousands of links showing Trump saying and doing stupid things?
My view is that could be said for every member of Congress and past presidents of both parties.

Such as you.
My view is that could be said for every member of Congress and past presidents of both parties.

You are certainly entitled to your own personal view, but facts are universal. You are wrong.

Remember that black female anchor who said "what the f you doing"at the commercial break?....did NBC cancell that news program?

Forum List

Back