In the name of Islam

IMHO, anyone that perpetrates a terrorist act is mentally ill but not necessarily insane regardless of whose name it is in.

I believe our primary defense against terrorism is the awfulness of the act. There are few people that believe in a cause enough, have the psychological makeup, and presence of mind to kill innocent people and sacrifice their own life. If this were not true we would have far more terrorist attacks than we do.

It hasn't worked so far, has it? It hasn't even worked with Muslims living in Western countries where life is a lot more pleasant than the cesspits they came from.
Of course it works. Islamic Terrorist attacks are rare. Worldwide the chance of dying in an attack is about 1 in million, a lot less in the US.
That no longer matters.

Every one that you (Liberals) allow to come into the country, the odds increase that such an attack will occur.

The rest of us are bloody sick-and-tired of this Muslim shit, and we're tired of hearing your (Liberals) never-ending advocacy for them, rather than your own people.

If you won't stand alongside your own, then you're gonna have to excuse the rest of us, as we stop listening to you.

You've chosen where to make your stand... and it's not with us.

Message received.

So what are you going to do with American citizens who happen to be Muslim?

So long as they keep their noses clean, understand that Sharia is subject to constitutional law and do not expect exceptions to be made, nothing.

Of course, that's precisely what they don't understand. Furthermore, they don't give a damn.

I never said he wasn't a Muslim.
You implied it by saying he didn't attend mosque.

No, I was simply stating what was said in the news at the time when this first broke.
No you were stating these things as fact on the basis 'mommy knows best' and 'the imam said so'. Tsk tsk.

I was basing it on what was in the news at the time. Kind of like you're basing your points on what is in the news...that "his brother knows best".
I never said his brother knows best. I was demonstrating that there are two different stories from people within the same family. Neither are evidence of anything.

Oh...you never said his brother knows best. You just discount, multiple times, comments from his mother, in disparaging ways, while uncritically offering the brother's comments. Got it. ;)

For me, it was his statement before the shooting, "In the Name of Islam..." I would think if he was insane, he would be saying something like, "In the name of Teddy Roosevelt."
IMHO, anyone that perpetrates a terrorist act is mentally ill but not necessarily insane regardless of whose name it is in.

I believe our primary defense against terrorism is the awfulness of the act. There are few people that believe in a cause enough, have the psychological makeup, and presence of mind to kill innocent people and sacrifice their own life. If this were not true we would have far more terrorist attacks than we do.

It hasn't worked so far, has it? It hasn't even worked with Muslims living in Western countries where life is a lot more pleasant than the cesspits they came from.
Of course it works. Islamic Terrorist attacks are rare. Worldwide the chance of dying in an attack is about 1 in million, a lot less in the US.
That no longer matters.

Every one that you (Liberals) allow to come into the country, the odds increase that such an attack will occur.

The rest of us are bloody sick-and-tired of this Muslim shit, and we're tired of hearing your (Liberals) never-ending advocacy for them, rather than your own people.

If you won't stand alongside your own, then you're gonna have to excuse the rest of us, as we stop listening to you.

Message received.

Nothing can be done about them, but there's no reason we have to admit more of these Frankensteins into the country.

The man said he did it for Islam.

So what? What is the significance? Here are your choices:

1. This individual is not representative of Islam or of Muslims
2. This individual is representative of Islam and all Muslims*

*If number 2 is your choice, then you must agree that these individuals are representative of Christianity.

God Told Me To
You forgot number 3.

Which is what? What is your "number 3"? Either the individual is representative of the entire group or it isn't.
I know you're not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, so I'll give you time to mull it over. Let me know when the penny drops. :)

Ah, you can't actually provide a number three so you decide to go with ad hominem attacks. That takes some real brilliance.
You've got a small minded outlook and can only identify 2 options. What do you expect me to think of you? Lol

That no longer matters.

Message received.

So long as they keep their noses clean, understand that Sharia is subject to constitutional law and do not expect exceptions to be made, nothing.

In otherwords like any other religion or is this just special for Muslims?

Like any other. That is the Law. Are we not men?

You're claiming he isn't. What evidence do you base that on?
Which part are you having difficulty understanding:

I'm not the one claiming to know anything about him, other than what he told the police, he did it for Islam. He may or may not be mentally ill, that's for a psychiatrist to decide, not you. You're the one spinning for him based on no evidence. I wonder why you endlessly do this for Muslims and Islam

You are the one claiming he did it for Islam and discounting mental illness with little more evidance.

Let me see....you believe what he says, you discount what his mother says, you believe what his brother says.
I don't believe what the mother or the brother says at this point. The shooter declared his motivation. Killing in the name of Islam isn't exactly unusual. I have absolutely no reason to doubt what he says about the reason for his attempt to murder.

Killing in the name of religion isn't exactly unusual as was noted in the list of articles on people killing for God/Jesus/etc. They declared it. So, I suppose mental illness had nothing to do with it and there is no reason to doubt what they say about the reason for murder? That's what you believe?

You implied it by saying he didn't attend mosque.

No, I was simply stating what was said in the news at the time when this first broke.
No you were stating these things as fact on the basis 'mommy knows best' and 'the imam said so'. Tsk tsk.

I was basing it on what was in the news at the time. Kind of like you're basing your points on what is in the news...that "his brother knows best".
I never said his brother knows best. I was demonstrating that there are two different stories from people within the same family. Neither are evidence of anything.

Oh...you never said his brother knows best. You just discount, multiple times, comments from his mother, in disparaging ways, while uncritically offering the brother's comments. Got it. ;)
How many times do you have to be told, I take neither the brother nor the mothers claims as evidence of anything. Get it? :)

So what? What is the significance? Here are your choices:

1. This individual is not representative of Islam or of Muslims
2. This individual is representative of Islam and all Muslims*

*If number 2 is your choice, then you must agree that these individuals are representative of Christianity.

God Told Me To
You forgot number 3.

Which is what? What is your "number 3"? Either the individual is representative of the entire group or it isn't.
I know you're not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, so I'll give you time to mull it over. Let me know when the penny drops. :)

Ah, you can't actually provide a number three so you decide to go with ad hominem attacks. That takes some real brilliance.
You've got a small minded outlook and can only identify 2 options. What do you expect me to think of you? Lol

And yet you can't come up with another option. Please, by all means, provide your option so we can discuss it.

Which part are you having difficulty understanding:

I'm not the one claiming to know anything about him, other than what he told the police, he did it for Islam. He may or may not be mentally ill, that's for a psychiatrist to decide, not you. You're the one spinning for him based on no evidence. I wonder why you endlessly do this for Muslims and Islam

You are the one claiming he did it for Islam and discounting mental illness with little more evidance.

Let me see....you believe what he says, you discount what his mother says, you believe what his brother says.
I don't believe what the mother or the brother says at this point. The shooter declared his motivation. Killing in the name of Islam isn't exactly unusual. I have absolutely no reason to doubt what he says about the reason for his attempt to murder.

Killing in the name of religion isn't exactly unusual as was noted in the list of articles on people killing for God/Jesus/etc. They declared it. So, I suppose mental illness had nothing to do with it and there is no reason to doubt what they say about the reason for murder? That's what you believe?
Mental illness has nothing to do with it until they have been diagnosed as mentally ill. Get it yet?

Mental illness has nothing to do with it until they have been diagnosed as mentally ill. Get it yet?

Reasonable assumptions can be made on mental illness based on behavior and statements. Is it definitive? No. But it's reasonable. (unless it's a Muslim right?)

You forgot number 3.

And yet you can't come up with another option. Please, by all means, provide your option so we can discuss it.
Actually there are two more options, at least. Get that brain working, witchy, I can wait :popcorn:

How many times do you have to be told, I take neither the brother nor the mothers claims as evidence of anything. Get it? :)

Too bad that claim isn't supported by your statements :)

Reasonable assumptions can be made on mental illness based on behavior and statements. Is it definitive? No. But it's reasonable. (unless it's a Muslim right?)
Stating 'I'm doing this for Islam',' I support isis', and 'you are enforcing laws at odds with Islam' are not an indication of mental illness. The mother stating he is mentally ill and the brother stating he isn't is not helpful either in making an assumption he is mentally ill. Keep trying though, its fun :popcorn:

Too bad that claim isn't supported by your statements :)
Too bad for you that it is :)

That no longer matters.

Message received.

Of course, that's precisely what they don't understand. Furthermore, they don't give a damn.

If that remains the case in the inexorably approaching environment, they may be compelled to go elsewhere.

Stating 'I'm doing this for Islam',' I support isis', and 'you are enforcing laws at odds with Islam' are not an indication of mental illness. The mother stating he is mentally ill and the brother stating he isn't is not helpful either in making an assumption he is mentally ill. Keep trying though, its fun :popcorn:

"Jesus told me to drown my kid"....so she did.

Personally, I think she was mentally ill. But if you want to insist it was religion, that's your choice.

Actually there are two more options, at least. Get that brain working, witchy, I can wait :popcorn:

And STILL you won't provide any. Since there are so many, provide at least one. Dance, dance, dodge, dodge...but not options.

"Jesus told me to drown my kid"....so she did.

Personally, I think she was mentally ill. But if you want to insist it was religion, that's your choice.
Was she diagnosed with a mental illness?

And STILL you won't provide any. Since there are so many, provide at least one. Dance, dance, dodge, dodge...but not options.
Not my fault your brain doesn't work, sea witch. Is Nigeria still 'a Christian country'? Lol

One fact you over look - you're "facts" were not available until recently.

Nonetheless, despite your tantrum, they are still facts, regardless of when they came to light. One of those links was available the day after the attack took place. I exercised simple deductive reasoning, you used emotion. I'm sorry if you find that in any way upsetting.

2. There is no proof whatsoever he is not mentally ill. That claim, I might add - is being based on his brother alone. So you will discount his mother, but buy into his brother without question?

When the testimonies conflict, one can neither confirm or deny mental illness. However, and as I've told you before, he made one statement that proved to me that he was in possession of his sanity at the time of the incident. It also revealed intent and motive.

"cops bend laws contrary to the teachings of the Qur'an"

What's more, there's no proof that he was mentally ill. So far, there is evidence pointing to him being part of a larger network.

You are splitting hairs.

How about some honesty here Templar? Is that possible coming from you or are you basking in your own ego?

1. I never dismissed that he was a Muslim.

My ego has zero to do with this. As you have witnessed, I am honest enough to admit when I'm wrong or if I make a mistake. But this time, I'm not backing down. Evidence supports my premise, not yours. You attacking me directly only makes my case.

And I would prefer it if you wouldn't lecture me about honesty, since your first post in this thread was this:

The man heard voices. He was mentally ill. He never attended a mosque.

So, one could make the case to call your honesty into question. Do you deny making this statement? You did dismiss the idea that he did this in the name of Islam.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back