In This Season of Political Yard Signs-An Observation and a Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
As defined how and by whom, moonbats who measure virtue by putting self-congratulatory little signs in their yards?

I'm pretty sure it isn't virtuous to exalt the health benefits of fudge packing all over a political message board.

Maybe because they're far less interested with engaging in virtue signaling.
Maybe they are far less virtuous
As defined how and by whom, moonbats who measure virtue by putting self-congratulatory little signs in their yards?
My sincere thanks to you, boy Frankie and all of the other great minds who have made such enormous contributions to an interesting and important topic. You consistently and significantly raise the level of intellectual discourse and work tirelessly to overcome divisiveness and to find common ground. Bless you!

My sincere thanks to you, boy Frankie and all of the other great minds who have made such enormous contributions to an interesting and important topic. You consistently and significantly raise the level of intellectual discourse and work tirelessly to overcome divisiveness and to find common ground. Bless you!
Virtue signalling is neither interesting nor important...It is also a debasement of intellectual discourse.

That you seem to believe it is an exercise of any higher function than that of intellectual masturbation, says more about you than anyone else.

Last edited:
So why do you want a sexual predatory and whiney, privileged brat on the supreme court. - ? Those signs are exactly why we don't want him on the court. So for you guys they might as well be on mars

Someone who openly, unabashedly, supports and defends the very worst sexual predators, is in no position to call someone else “a sexual predatory and whiney, privileged brat” based on a campaign of false accusations and character assassination that was never backed up by even the faintest shred of actual evidence.
Blaylock...You are either a shameless liar, or psychotic if you actually believe the slanderous horseshit that you are posting,. Post the statements that I have made supporting sexual predators or apologize and shut the fuck up. The link that you used, where I supported comprehensive sex education as some sort of evidence to support your bizarre claim about me is just more proof of you dishonesty and, quite possibly, you mental illness.

Fucking Nazi.

You scum have tried to end due process and the rights of the accused, lynching anyone in the way of your filthy reich. But you've failed scumbag.

Never again.

A pictorial list of yard adornments more interesting and intellectually stimulating thatn political virtue signalling signs...

Flamingo-June26_1011-002.jpg

41204911fddee3f135aef9548f9e7026.jpg

petite-garden-bird-bath-statue-ornament-column.jpg

gartenzwerg-getty_images_ng_image_full.jpg

628x471.jpg

lawn-jockey-with-dog.jpg

Last edited:
In this season of political yard signs, I have made an interesting observation. Many people who have signs promoting state and local Democratic candidates also have one or both on the signs below in my community

I have yet to see a home that is displaying a sign promoting a Republican that also displays one of these signs.

So my question is simple. Why? Is it a coincidence or does it speak volumes about what each party stands for?

in-our-america-3315.jpg
th
Meaningless BS words.

The actions of the Left shows their love of violent fascism to be a bigger threat than Jihadists.

I see one of those signs I know damn well a left loon lives there
Right.. promoting love and acceptance, and decrying hatred is real loony.....to Republicans

It kind of depends on who, or what, you love and accept. The lack of love and/or acceptance is not indicative of any hatred toward anyone. I find it fairly easy to disagree with people without hating them for their beliefs..

I want to take this time to thank each and every one of you right wing nutters for participating in my experiment. You make good Guinee Pigs and it was very instructive. A few things are crystal clear

1. Quite a few of you have a problem with reading comprehension as evidenced by the number of times that someone claimed that they don’t put signs like I posted out- because liberals will steal them, them post examples of Republican political signs being taken.

2. Many of you have a problem with basic biology since you think that a woman exercising domain over her own body by terminating a zygote is infanticide.

3. A number of you have a problem with the English language and basic logic by claiming that “welcoming immigrants “means wanting open boarders

4. You claim to not be racists but condemn Black Lives Matter ( Based on the bad behavior of a few members no doubt) but deny, or are ignorant of the fact that BLM exists because too many white people- including those in uniform act the black lives don’t matter.

5. Many of you are delusional conspiracy loons who believe that George Soros pays vandals and agitators to do liberal dirty work

6. It has been said here that “left wing loons “ don’t live by the rules of society- while supporting Trump, Kavanaugh and the likes of them- a further indication of your disconnect from reality-as is the assertion that we are the racists and sexists.

7. It has been stated that we do not have any respect for those disagree with us…..while the Orange Ogre in the White house who you support disrespects anyone who crosses him on a daily basis -including important allies- while kissing up to dictators.

8. You, as a group are woefully uniformed as evidences by the claim that Republicans support legal immigration- while this administration is clearly working to curb all immigration. You have also stated that the Democrats are the party of crime and corruption-while YOUR president is the first crime boss to inhabit the white house

9. You have a piss poor understanding of what it means to be a patriot- seeming to believe that it means unconditional love of your country while absolving yourselves of any responsibility for making it the best that it can be for all of it’s people.

Progressive Principles and Goals. These points must be continually driven home to shame the right and mobilize all decent people. That is why I'm here by The Progressive Patriot ( undated)

1. All lives matter. No one should have insufficient shelter, food, water or health care

2. All people should enjoy equal protection under the law. No one should suffer from discrimination, humiliation or violence because of their race, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, sexual identity, or disability

3. The earth matters. It is the only one we have and the environment must be protected for our posterity. Climate change is not a hoax

4. Income and wealth disparity must be revered through a fair, progressive tax structure. A nation that is on the way to a plutocracy and oligarchy will not service for long

5. No one should have to work more than one full time job to pay the bills, while CEOs make obscene amounts of money that cannot be justified.

6. War and the use of force in the world must be a very last resort, used only when diplomacy fails and the United States is facing a real and grave danger.

7. This is a nation built of immigrants . People seeking to come to this country for a better life economically, or to flee strife in their home land should not be shunned or feared. Entire groups should not be marginalized and rejected because of the actions and fanaticism of some.

8. Trade with other nations should be fair, not free, meaning that the consideration of protecting the environment, preventing the exploitation of workers, and consumer safety should be placed over profit and trade deficits

9. Boarders should be secured using appropriate technology and manpower, not half baked ideas that appeal to a political base and are not practical or cost effective

10. Criminal Justice must be reformed to reduce the prison population of non violent offenders, and to address the issue of racial disparity in arrests, prosecution and sentencing. The death penalty must be abolished . Drug crimes must be treated as a public health problem instead of a criminal matter

11. The federal government has the responsibility for actively protecting the health and welfare of all citizens , both from physical harm, and discrimination. The tenth amendment must be understood in the context of the entire constitution, especially the bill of rights and the 14th amendment. States may not violate the US constitution, and voters do not get to decide matters of civil rights.

12.Guns must be kept out of the hands of criminals and mentally ill people. High capacity assault weapons must be kept out of the hands of everyone not in the military or law enforcement. There must be a national and uniform policy.

13. It is time for the Equal Rights Amendment protecting women from discrimination is ratified, and the passage of the Employmnet non discrimination, as well as laws addressing discrimination in housing and places of public accomodation for LGBT people.

14. Religious freedom does not mean the ability to use religion as a weapon to discriminate aagainst others. The first amendment applies equally to all, not just conservative Christians who have weaponised religion.

15. Public education must remain free and well funded and without religious beliefs influencing it. Real science, not junk science must be taught. Real history, not whitwashed revisionist histort must also be taught. +Meaningful sex education, not abstiance only is a must. Children are the future

16. Abortion should be rare, but available when necesary. That can be achieved, not by denying women the right to choose but by allowing contracetion to be readily availabe, and by supporting other policies and programs that can prevent unwanted pregnancies and provide supports to women to chose to carry an unexpected pregnancy to term.

17. Financial and insurance institutions must be well regulated in order to prevent another near collapse of the global economy as almost happened in 2008 as the result of greed, and recklessness of the banks.

18. Consumers must be protected from physical harm and financial exploitation by banks, insurers and mortgage companies

19. Health insurers should be put out of business. We need a single payer system

20. Big Pharma- that charges ridiculous prices and sometimes withholds lifesaving drugs from the market because they are not profitable must be rained in.

True patriotism is progressivism. True patriotism is working to fix what is wrong with America instead of pretending that it is just high taxes, too much government and liberal policies. True Patriotism is working to make America the truly great country that it can be for all, not just the wealth, white, heterosexual males.

What a goofball! We don't agree on what is right, or what is wrong, with America. Progressives don't have a clue as to what America is all about. We are not here to serve government, or anyone else. Government is here to serve the individual, and not groups, tribes, or any other element. Progressives fail to understand the difference.

Our federal government was designed to do what individual sovereign states could not, and cannot, do for themselves. What is wrong, is that the federal government has jumped the tracks, and is amassing more and more political power in Washington DC. Hopefully, a conservative court can put the federal government back into its box, and allow the states to do their jobs. Government that is close to the people is government that the people can better control.

In this season of political yard signs, I have made an interesting observation. Many people who have signs promoting state and local Democratic candidates also have one or both on the signs below in my community

I have yet to see a home that is displaying a sign promoting a Republican that also displays one of these signs.

So my question is simple. Why? Is it a coincidence or does it speak volumes about what each party stands for?

in-our-america-3315.jpg
th
So why are leftists violent? Should we post MadMax again

in-our-america-3315.jpg
th
Unemployment the lowest since 19fking69, how is that hateful?

So why do you want a sexual predatory and whiney, privileged brat on the supreme court. - ? Those signs are exactly why we don't want him on the court. So for you guys they might as well be on mars

Someone who openly, unabashedly, supports and defends the very worst sexual predators, is in no position to call someone else “a sexual predatory and whiney, privileged brat” based on a campaign of false accusations and character assassination that was never backed up by even the faintest shred of actual evidence.
Blaylock...You are either a shameless liar, or psychotic if you actually believe the slanderous horseshit that you are posting,. Post the statements that I have made supporting sexual predators or apologize and shut the fuck up. The link that you used, where I supported comprehensive sex education as some sort of evidence to support your bizarre claim about me is just more proof of you dishonesty and, quite possibly, you mental illness.

Fucking Nazi.

You scum have tried to end due process and the rights of the accused, lynching anyone in the way of your filthy reich. But you've failed scumbag.

Never again.
That is just more fucking insanity!

I want to take this time to thank each and every one of you right wing nutters for participating in my experiment. You make good Guinee Pigs and it was very instructive. A few things are crystal clear

1. Quite a few of you have a problem with reading comprehension as evidenced by the number of times that someone claimed that they don’t put signs like I posted out- because liberals will steal them, them post examples of Republican political signs being taken.

2. Many of you have a problem with basic biology since you think that a woman exercising domain over her own body by terminating a zygote is infanticide.

3. A number of you have a problem with the English language and basic logic by claiming that “welcoming immigrants “means wanting open boarders

4. You claim to not be racists but condemn Black Lives Matter ( Based on the bad behavior of a few members no doubt) but deny, or are ignorant of the fact that BLM exists because too many white people- including those in uniform act the black lives don’t matter.

5. Many of you are delusional conspiracy loons who believe that George Soros pays vandals and agitators to do liberal dirty work

6. It has been said here that “left wing loons “ don’t live by the rules of society- while supporting Trump, Kavanaugh and the likes of them- a further indication of your disconnect from reality-as is the assertion that we are the racists and sexists.

7. It has been stated that we do not have any respect for those disagree with us…..while the Orange Ogre in the White house who you support disrespects anyone who crosses him on a daily basis -including important allies- while kissing up to dictators.

8. You, as a group are woefully uniformed as evidences by the claim that Republicans support legal immigration- while this administration is clearly working to curb all immigration. You have also stated that the Democrats are the party of crime and corruption-while YOUR president is the first crime boss to inhabit the white house

9. You have a piss poor understanding of what it means to be a patriot- seeming to believe that it means unconditional love of your country while absolving yourselves of any responsibility for making it the best that it can be for all of it’s people.

Progressive Principles and Goals. These points must be continually driven home to shame the right and mobilize all decent people. That is why I'm here by The Progressive Patriot ( undated)

1. All lives matter. No one should have insufficient shelter, food, water or health care

2. All people should enjoy equal protection under the law. No one should suffer from discrimination, humiliation or violence because of their race, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, sexual identity, or disability

3. The earth matters. It is the only one we have and the environment must be protected for our posterity. Climate change is not a hoax

4. Income and wealth disparity must be revered through a fair, progressive tax structure. A nation that is on the way to a plutocracy and oligarchy will not service for long

5. No one should have to work more than one full time job to pay the bills, while CEOs make obscene amounts of money that cannot be justified.

6. War and the use of force in the world must be a very last resort, used only when diplomacy fails and the United States is facing a real and grave danger.

7. This is a nation built of immigrants . People seeking to come to this country for a better life economically, or to flee strife in their home land should not be shunned or feared. Entire groups should not be marginalized and rejected because of the actions and fanaticism of some.

8. Trade with other nations should be fair, not free, meaning that the consideration of protecting the environment, preventing the exploitation of workers, and consumer safety should be placed over profit and trade deficits

9. Boarders should be secured using appropriate technology and manpower, not half baked ideas that appeal to a political base and are not practical or cost effective

10. Criminal Justice must be reformed to reduce the prison population of non violent offenders, and to address the issue of racial disparity in arrests, prosecution and sentencing. The death penalty must be abolished . Drug crimes must be treated as a public health problem instead of a criminal matter

11. The federal government has the responsibility for actively protecting the health and welfare of all citizens , both from physical harm, and discrimination. The tenth amendment must be understood in the context of the entire constitution, especially the bill of rights and the 14th amendment. States may not violate the US constitution, and voters do not get to decide matters of civil rights.

12.Guns must be kept out of the hands of criminals and mentally ill people. High capacity assault weapons must be kept out of the hands of everyone not in the military or law enforcement. There must be a national and uniform policy.

13. It is time for the Equal Rights Amendment protecting women from discrimination is ratified, and the passage of the Employmnet non discrimination, as well as laws addressing discrimination in housing and places of public accomodation for LGBT people.

14. Religious freedom does not mean the ability to use religion as a weapon to discriminate aagainst others. The first amendment applies equally to all, not just conservative Christians who have weaponised religion.

15. Public education must remain free and well funded and without religious beliefs influencing it. Real science, not junk science must be taught. Real history, not whitwashed revisionist histort must also be taught. +Meaningful sex education, not abstiance only is a must. Children are the future

16. Abortion should be rare, but available when necesary. That can be achieved, not by denying women the right to choose but by allowing contracetion to be readily availabe, and by supporting other policies and programs that can prevent unwanted pregnancies and provide supports to women to chose to carry an unexpected pregnancy to term.

17. Financial and insurance institutions must be well regulated in order to prevent another near collapse of the global economy as almost happened in 2008 as the result of greed, and recklessness of the banks.

18. Consumers must be protected from physical harm and financial exploitation by banks, insurers and mortgage companies

19. Health insurers should be put out of business. We need a single payer system

20. Big Pharma- that charges ridiculous prices and sometimes withholds lifesaving drugs from the market because they are not profitable must be rained in.

True patriotism is progressivism. True patriotism is working to fix what is wrong with America instead of pretending that it is just high taxes, too much government and liberal policies. True Patriotism is working to make America the truly great country that it can be for all, not just the wealth, white, heterosexual males.

What a goofball! We don't agree on what is right, or what is wrong, with America. Progressives don't have a clue as to what America is all about. We are not here to serve government, or anyone else. Government is here to serve the individual, and not groups, tribes, or any other element. Progressives fail to understand the difference.

Our federal government was designed to do what individual sovereign states could not, and cannot, do for themselves. What is wrong, is that the federal government has jumped the tracks, and is amassing more and more political power in Washington DC. Hopefully, a conservative court can put the federal government back into its box, and allow the states to do their jobs. Government that is close to the people is government that the people can better control.
You are free to have your view of the proper role of the federal government.

So you're a big Tenth Amendment fan but when States don't fulfill their responsibilities to the people the feds have to step up and enforce the constitution which is binding on the states since the 14th was ratified. I am specifically referring to matters of civil rights when a state restricts who can marry based on race or sexual orientation. To say that government is here to serve individuals and not groups is gibberish and snake oil. I have heard that crap before, used to discredit laws against discrimination, but those groups are made up of individuals who have a common interest or characteristic.

But let me remind you that this thread is about the differing attituded between the left and the right concerning race, discrimination, exclusion and hate. All of you people keep coming up with the most outlandish horseshit, but not one of you can be honest abut why no Republicans have the signs that I posted in the OP> NOT ONE

Virtue signalling is neither interesting nor important...It is also a debasement of intellectual discourse.

That you seem to believe it is an exercise of any higher function than that of intellectual masturbation, says more about you than anyone else.

Actually, the response to my question about the sign has been a debasement of intellectual discourse. Instead of being honest about why conservatives don't display such signs - you keep coming up with bullshit on top of bullshit to cover your tracks

Actually, the response to my question about the sign has been a debasement of intellectual discourse. Instead of being honest about why conservatives don't display such signs - you keep coming up with bullshit on top of bullshit to cover your tracks
Your refusal to accept a well reasoned argument doesn't make me dishonest...It makes you a hack, who believes that virtue signalling and bumper sticker slogans amount to intellectually valid arguments.

A Liberals Yard Sign:

upload_2018-10-7_20-18-21.png

A Conservatives Yard Sign ( If they were honest enough to have one)

In Our America

All White Wealthy Straight Christian People Are Equal-Others not so much

WE get to tell you who you can and cannot love and marry- and any one who is not heterosexual and cisgender is mentally ill.

Black Lives are Expendable -and anyone who claims that Black Lives Matter is a Violent Racist
Immigrants and refugees are discouraged or banned in order to keep America White and Christian

Disabilities are ridiculed-and are a pre-existing condition not covered by insurance

Women’s bodies are fair game for sexual predators- and We have the final say on issues of reproductive choices and health care

Climate change is a hoax. People exist to serve corporate America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back