Incompetent United Air Lines Physically Drags Passenger Off Plane For Their (Airline) Mistake

188.jpg

Until a lawsuit is filed.....this is all moot.

The flight is considered overbooked if there are more people for the plane than it can hold. That can be determined before or after passengers are seated.
The flight wasn't overbooked.

Every airline oversells every single flight. That's normal. If they can they will. Overbooked is if the flight has more people than it can hold. A flight can be overbooked and not full.
So? What's your point?

It was in your response saying the flight wasn't overbooked. Well, if they had to remove a passenger, it was. Because had those 4 crew members been on the plane at boarding time, not everyone could have been allowed on the plane, hence the "overbooked" situation.

I am too lazy to use the reply button so it causes confusion. My bad. :oops-28:

Last edited:
Every airline oversells every single flight. That's normal. If they can they will. Overbooked is if the flight has more people than it can hold. A flight can be overbooked and not full.
That will change as part of the "Dao Effect". As you alluded earlier, "overbooking" will cease, but the price of fairs could go up. Another alternative is to raise the number of
"non-refundable" fares and/or increase the price of changing tickets or missing a flight. Either way, you are correct; the costs will be passed to the consumer. Planes will leave with "sold" but empty seats unless an employee wants them. "Thanks, Dao!"

A fare increase will come from passing any legal expenses incurred by defending this action onto paying customers like you.

Haha, not bloody likely; there are still other airlines who have no such fuckups to clean up, and who will be happy to undersell the same route. You remember that right? The "free market"?

No, I'm saying that people shouldn't break rules and get violent and then turn around and sue the airline. Just to defend yourself costs money. He doesn't have a right to that seat. We've already been down that road. Numerous law people have said that. I know you don't want to believe it and it doesn't seem right, but that's just the way it is.

It's what's known as a frivolous lawsuit and they cost billions every year. All that expense is passed onto the consumer.

/thread.

True, people shouldn't break rules. Neither should a company. But that's what happened here. And you're turning somersaults trying to get them off the hook. The hook they themselves already acknowledged.

That's kind of "special".

The flight is considered overbooked if there are more people for the plane than it can hold. That can be determined before or after passengers are seated.

No Sparkles, that's determined BEFORE passengers board. As in, in the gate waiting area. Try actually READING the United Airlines Contract of Carriage I keep posting to see where it specifically spells out that procedure.

In other words they could have bumped Dao, and/or anybody else they wanted to, within the terms of their own Contract, IF they did it before they populated the plane. They didn't. They passed their own self-appointed window. They, say it with me, fucked up.

Moreover the plane was not 'overbooked'. Who says so? United Airlines says so. Go argue with them, I'm sure they'll be amused.

Well, by simple definition, if someone has to be kicked off the plane to make room for someone else, it's obviously overbooked. The plane didn't leave with empty seats.

Well, by simple definition, if someone has to be kicked off the plane to make room for someone else, it's obviously overbooked. The plane didn't leave with empty seats.

Nope, it wasn't. United itself said so. "Overbooked" doesn't mean "oh wait, can we get these four onto a plane that's already boarded full"? It means "oh wait, we need four more seats --- offer to bump four paying passengers BEFORE they board.... if we don't get takers, bump four paying passengers BEFORE they board".

Before you board, that can happen. Once you board ----- you're on your way. That's when you know for certain it's not going to happen. Anybody who's ever taken a few flights knows that.

I've been offered bumps several times. Sometimes when it was to my advantage I accepted the offer. Other times when it wasn't, I didn't. *ALL* of those times were at the gate --- BEFORE boarding. Because that's how it works. And it also happens to be in United' CofC.

The flight wasn't overbooked.

So? What's your point?

It was in your response saying the flight wasn't overbooked. Well, if they had to remove a passenger, it was. Because had those 4 crew members been on the plane at boarding time, not everyone could have been allowed on the plane, hence the "overbooked" situation.

I am too lazy to use the reply button so it causes confusion. My bad. :oops-28:
The flight was not overbooked. Deal with it. The airline said so themselves.

That will change as part of the "Dao Effect". As you alluded earlier, "overbooking" will cease, but the price of fairs could go up. Another alternative is to raise the number of
"non-refundable" fares and/or increase the price of changing tickets or missing a flight. Either way, you are correct; the costs will be passed to the consumer. Planes will leave with "sold" but empty seats unless an employee wants them. "Thanks, Dao!"
Overbooking will not cease. What you won't see again, just as we've never seen before this incident -- is a passenger who is sitting in his/her assigned seat, not acting belligerent or abusive, ripped out of their seat, knocked unconscious, and dragged off a plane.

Nope, that isn't the definition. Here is the definition...

overbook

transitive verb: to issue reservations for (as an airplane flight) in excess of the space available

intransitive verb: to issue reservations in excess of the space available​

There were not more reservations made on that flight than seats. The flight was not overbooked. You have some kind of mental block preventing you from understanding this. :cuckoo:

The airline wanted to give four seats to seated passengers, not to 4 other people with a reservation, but to four employees they wanted to transport to Kentucky.

Not how it works, a busted up Dao proves that.

If you are asked to get off the plane, you get off the plane.

/thread.
LOLOL

That's exactly how it works. That why United's CEO apologized. That's why he said this will never happen again. That's why airport security said those officers should not have gotten on that plane. That's why those officers are on administrative leave. That's why Dao stands to make millions from this.

Once AGAIN --- what they broke was their own Contract of Carriage, which they entered into when they sold Dao (and everyone else) a ticket.

They didn't break it at all, they could have handled it better, Dao is an idiot and that you can't recognize it is no surprise...

Now Pogo stick off already...

Overbooking will not cease. What you won't see again, just as we've never seen before this incident -- is a passenger who is sitting in his/her assigned seat, not acting belligerent or abusive, ripped out of their seat, knocked unconscious, and dragged off a plane.

Too bad.

If it was you, I'd pay to watch.

But in this case, they should have not even put up the jetway for him. They should have thrown his ass off onto the tarmac.

Once AGAIN --- what they broke was their own Contract of Carriage, which they entered into when they sold Dao (and everyone else) a ticket.

They didn't break it at all, they could have handled it better, Dao is an idiot and that you can't recognize it is no surprise...

Now Pogo stick off already...
you're still fucking demented. <smh>

Dao's the idiot??

United had to apologize and insist this will never happen again.

Airport security said it shouldn't have happened and placed all three officers involved on administrative leave.

And Dao stands to make millions of dollars from this.

So how is he the idiot?

I sometimes buy two or three seats just cause I don't want to sit next to some stinky fuck... No way I'm trusting United to respect my money ever again...

Not that I think I'd have need to, Alaska Airlines merged with Virgin so luckily for me I shouldn't have to worry about any other airlines to get most anywhere :)

Forum List

Back