Incredible - Obama: 'I did not pay a ransom. IRAN paid the ransom!'

if the payment of the money was a condition in any way tied to the release of the hostages, yes it's a ransom.

spin it however you want. Iran ended up with 400M more than it had yesterday as a condition under which hostages would be released.

Wrong. It was already Iran's money. It just hadn't been released to them.

Nonsense. The state department flat out lied and told people that the timing of these things were unrelated.

"Reports of link between prisoner release & payment to Iran are completely false."

That's ^^^ John Kirby a spokesperson for the State Department.

Obama got in on the act also claiming that people saying otherwise were engaging in the 'fabrication of outrage' and that they'd announced these payments in January, blah, blah, blah.

And now, lo and behold, we are now finding out they were indeed related. Spin all you want. It's silly. They lied to our faces about this payment being a condition, which it was, and they themselves have now admitted it.
But that doesnt bother NYCarb a single tad as he EXPECTS DEMOCRATS TO LIE; THEY ALL DO.

if the payment of the money was a condition in any way tied to the release of the hostages, yes it's a ransom.

spin it however you want. Iran ended up with 400M more than it had yesterday as a condition under which hostages would be released.

Nonsense. The state department flat out lied and told people that the timing of these things were unrelated.

"Reports of link between prisoner release & payment to Iran are completely false."

Obama got in on the act also claiming that people saying otherwise were engaging in the 'fabrication of outrage' and that they'd announced these payments in January, blah, blah, blah.

And now, lo and behold, we are now finding out they were indeed related. Spin all you want. It's silly. They lied to our faces about this payment being a condition, which it was, and they themselves have now admitted it.

No. Letting the prisoners go was OUR condition. We were holding Iran's money hostage, idiot.

But that doesnt bother NYCarb a single tad as he EXPECTS DEMOCRATS TO LIE; THEY ALL DO.

defending a demonstrably false position is strange, but it's not all that surprising.

the left never lies, they just change the story to a new truth.

We're seeing it here. Early in the month these things weren't at all related and anyone saying otherwise was a cockamame loon.

Now 'they were negotiated separately' or some such nonsense and trading money for hostages isn't actually trading money for hostages.

it's hilarious.

Obama won again, and so did the USA.

That has the Obama-haters here weeping uncontrollably, while lying pathologically. They so badly want America to fail. They devote their lives to that task, just in the hopes they can blame Obama.

So, Obama-hater losers, now that you've failed so badly here, what's next on your USA-sabotaging agenda?

No. Letting the prisoners go was OUR condition. We were holding Iran's money hostage, idiot.
When did the court decide that, idiot.

Obama won again, and so did the USA.

That has the Obama-haters here weeping uncontrollably, while lying pathologically. They so badly want America to fail. They devote their lives to that task, just in the hopes they can blame Obama.

So, Obama-hater losers, now that you've failed so badly here, what's next on USA-sabotaging agenda?
Libtards have to make things up to live in their bubble universe. Your post reeks of butthurt!

so Iran traded hostages for money then, instead of us trading money for hostages? Wow, that is soooo different. LOL.

however you want to see it, moron, the administration traded the money for the people. It was a clear condition of this deal, which they have now admitted, after initially completely denying, so you can basically shut the fuck up or keep making yourself look like a fool, it doesn't really matter to me.

Last edited:
Libtards have to make things up to live in their bubble universe. Your post reeks of butthurt!

So you're not going to tell us what's the next item on your agenda to betray your own country?

I suppose you do have to check in with your masters first, to get the day's talking points. Good parrot.

lol Some days it seems the Obama administration can't finish a sentence without telling another lie.

U.S. Admits Payment To Iran Used As Leverage For Prisoners' Release
This incident was definitely handled wrong, but I'm having a hard time getting all worked up over it. We knew for months the money was going to be released to it's rightful owners, and holding off until our people were released was better than paying off without a return. But I'm disappointed that Obama didn't just explain the leverage part from the gitgo. Republicans were going to make an issue of the return under ANY circumstances, so why not come clean right away? Reagan did the same thing with the Iranian hostages with the arms/Contra mess and didn't admit it for months. And nobody let him forget it. Seems like Obama could have learned a lesson from that.

Otherwise, I leave it to the Trump choir to get all twittered, stoking their adrenalin with faux outrage. I'll just have another cuppa instead.

lol Some days it seems the Obama administration can't finish a sentence without telling another lie.

This incident was definitely handled wrong, but I'm having a hard time getting all worked up over it. We knew for months the money was going to be released to it's rightful owners, and holding off until our people were released was better than paying off without a return. But I'm disappointed that Obama didn't just explain the leverage part from the gitgo. Republicans were going to make an issue of the return under ANY circumstances, so why not come clean right away? Reagan did the same thing with the Iranian hostages with the arms/Contra mess and didn't admit it for months. And nobody let him forget it. Seems like Obama could have learned a lesson from that.

Otherwise, I leave it to the Trump choir to get all twittered, stoking their adrenalin with faux outrage. I'll just have another cuppa instead.

Leverage shit. It was ransom, and one happily paid by Obama.

The money should have been equally distributed to the hostages and their families in 1981 as compensation for their suffering and inconvenience.

Had it been, there would be no question about the recent event.

Yes indeed. The Democrat catch word for today Little Children is "LEVERAGE". In the future, the word "leverage" will be inserted wherever the word "ransom" was previously used. This is part of the Obama enlightenment and re-education program.
Ah, human, I knew you would distort and demean the spirit of the argument. It is expected. Do you doubt that the Iranian money we held was used as "leverage" for the return of the 4 souls recovered? If not, then what? Ransom comes to mind, but since we do not (to my knowledge) hold any other country's money in a freeze, this transfer can hardly be called ransom when we paid them their own money. Even so, one of the prisoners is from my home town and I am overjoyed that he is home again.

Leverage shit. It was ransom, and one happily paid by Obama.

The money should have been equally distributed to the hostages and their families in 1981 as compensation for their suffering and inconvenience.

Had it been, there would be no question about the recent event.
OMG! Admitting Reagan made a mistake! I know you would never admit that if it didn't disparage Obama. But for that you're even willing to tarnish Reagan's armor. Curmudgeon!

Yes indeed. The Democrat catch word for today Little Children is "LEVERAGE". In the future, the word "leverage" will be inserted wherever the word "ransom" was previously used. This is part of the Obama enlightenment and re-education program.
Ah, human, I knew you would distort and demean the spirit of the argument. It is expected. Do you doubt that the Iranian money we held was used as "leverage" for the return of the 4 souls recovered? If not, then what? Ransom comes to mind, but since we do not (to my knowledge) hold any other country's money in a freeze, this transfer can hardly be called ransom when we paid them their own money. Even so, one of the prisoners is from my home town and I am overjoyed that he is home again.

I am in total agreement with Post #4. The money should never have been sent. I'm certain our military guys appreciate the windfall in munitions purchase power the Iranian government will expend to throw against them because of this reckless act.

Forum List

Back