Inflation drops in May, in a win for Biden

In a related story (really), I saw an article a few days ago that reported global supply chains are essentially running at 100% for the first time since they collapsed and triggered the inflation.

Good news. Fingers crossed.

And more and more "experts" are now saying the US will not enter a recession in the near future.

Meanwhile Biden gas is back over $5 a gallon here and weed killer for my lawn is up a whopping 69% vs when Biden stole the election.
$2.89 yesterday. Was $2.99 late last week. Sounds like you live in a state with high gas taxes.

And more and more "experts" are now saying the US will not enter a recession in the near future.
I read we are not going into recession. I can't give Joe credit, but it is happening.

Yeah, that's what I've seen. That would be nice.

The Fed's attempt at a soft landing may work. Which would be real neat, since they were about a fucking year late to address inflation.
Maybe the Feds should have been raising rates long before Biden was in office. The "free money low interest" went on for way too long according to some.

Maybe the Feds should have been raising rates long before Biden was in office. The "free money low interest" went on for way too long according to some.
My feeling at the time was that they were still worried about the effects of the Meltdown and were a little gun shy.

But it got to a point, about six months in, that people were screaming for them to tighten. They STILL slept a while.

I read we are not going into recession. I can't give Joe credit, but it is happening.

Yep, even though some morons will call this fake news because they desperately need a recession to garner their party a few more votes in the next election.

Yep, even though some morons will call this fake news because they desperately need a recession to garner their party a few more votes in the next election.
It is going to take more than "a few more votes" for Republicans to win the next election :abgg2q.jpg:

Depends on whom the Dems put up.

Not that it matters, nothing will change no matter who wins.
As we saw with Trump (and Bush before him). Things can get very bad.

Competence matters

Also not governing based on ideology

As we saw with Trump (and Bush before him). Things can get very bad.

Competence matters

Also not governing based on ideology

Yes, competence matters and we have not had a competent POTUS this century.

Yes, it’s fictional accounting metric that supposes consumers automatically switch to lower priced alternatives, real or imagined.
Nope. The geometric mean (which is only used at lower level categories such as apples in Boston or steak in Sacramento) assumes consumers change what they buy in that category based on RELATIVE CHANGE IN PRICE. If flank steak goes up in price and filet mignon goes down, or up by less, then it’s assumed consumers will buy more filet and less flank.

I can show the math if you’d like.
In any case, it DOES NOT MEAN THE PRICES DECREASED ONLY THAT THE RATE OF INCREASE HAS SLOWED
You are correct.

Nope. The geometric mean (which is only used at lower level categories such as apples in Boston or steak in Sacramento) assumes consumers change what they buy in that category based on RELATIVE CHANGE IN PRICE. If flank steak goes up in price and filet mignon goes down, or up by less, then it’s assumed consumers will buy more filet and less flank.

I can show the math if you’d like.

You are correct.

When the price of EVERYTHING goes up, it's assumed that people buy one hamburger -- and that's supposed to be the "inflation" number? That's NOT inflation. Inflation is the price of the same basket of good

When the price of EVERYTHING goes up, it's assumed that people buy one hamburger -- and that's supposed to be the "inflation" number? That's NOT inflation. Inflation is the price of the same basket of good
So you’re demanding that prices drop. Does that happen? That’s DEflation.

Is that considered a good thing?

Forum List

Back