Inflation is out of control

Yep. Mine too. Local school bonds and the fact that NH relies primarily on the property tax for its main source of revenue.

Mine because I went from paying for a vacant lot to paying for the house I had built upon that lot.

The general rule of thumb is that the value of a building lot is about 20% of the value of the lot plus a suitable dwelling built on that lot. Thus, if the lot was worth $40 grand, the house, if consistent with other houses in the area, would be worth about $200 grand.

But often property taxes are heavily weighted to the buildings rather than the land.

If you are rich enough to build a house, you can handle it. If not, you were foolish to build the house. Which is it?

Haven’t you been paying attention around here? The economy’s been going to crash next week for nearly four years now!

The general rule of thumb is that the value of a building lot is about 20% of the value of the lot plus a suitable dwelling built on that lot. Thus, if the lot was worth $40 grand, the house, if consistent with other houses in the area, would be worth about $200 grand.

But often property taxes are heavily weighted to the buildings rather than the land.

If you are rich enough to build a house, you can handle it. If not, you were foolish to build the house. Which is it?

I can handle it no problem, we were warned it would happen. it was nice for a year and half though!

Yup, of course, I blame Biden.

Why isn't he deploying his famous Gestapo goons, which we hear so much about, to hit all businesses and force them to lower prices?

I blame it on my builder, he built too nice of a house on the empty land! :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

LOL....It costs me around $200.00 "rent" to the town/county every month to live in my own bought and paid for home.....Primary residence property taxes is nothing but theft.
It just proves that you do not actually own your home or the land it sits upon. Stop paying the government and they will take it back and rent it to someone else.

Forum List

Back