Inflation is out of control

My property taxes went up 3400% since 2022.

:eek:

You can fight to have the lowered. Sorry that Biden raised the value of your home. Now you have to pay taxes on that amount baller. LOL.

Household wealth swelled at a record pace during the pandemic. From 2019 to 2022, the median net worth of American families jumped 37% to $192,900, after adjusting for inflation. It’s the largest increase ever recorded by the federal Survey of Consumer Finances, released last fall. Surging home values and rising stock ownership fed the surge.

So have you not gotten a raise since 2022?

Don't worry Joe is fixing what Trump broke

Inflation Flat In May As Gas Prices Subside, Giving White House, Markets A Boost​

A tamer-than-expected consumer price index report also likely leaves the Federal Reserve on a path to cut interest rates in the fall.

Don't take my word for it

Ron DeSantis and Chris Christie Call Out Trump for Adding to Federal Debt​

"He owes it to you to defend his record where they added $7.8 trillion to the debt that set the stage for the inflation that we have."​

ERIC BOEHM | 9.27.2023 10:45 PM

You have clearly never had a house built. The first year you pay property taxes it is on the lot only till the county gets around to doing their valuation of the house. Then that gets filed and eventually your taxes are on the house and the land and not just the land.
You know nothing. That was not to what I was referring. If you are, then you are deflecting.

Yeah, and in addition to that, we get hit up at every cash register to donate more to the schools, and “the children.” They wouldn’t need all this extra money if they hadn’t settled all the illegals here: a couple of schools are estimated to be at least 25% illegal immigrant children.
Did you know that Virginia is #12 in the amount of illegals that have settled here and that the great preponderance of them are in NOtVA? Have you seen East Springfield lately?

We have always had a certain amount in The Valley due to the poultry processing/AG presence but that presence has also ballooned due to large scale warehousing operations up and down I-81 where they are employed.

I gotta say though, the areas that they took over from the blacks and created their barrios are far better off for it.....They are mostly self-policing.

You've got it easy. Mine is over $600

Red Hinterland town/county here but $200 or $600 it is theft pure and simple.

Yeah, I wish it were sarcasm. I've seen my property taxes climb sky high in the last four billing cycles (every 6 months).
Yeah, but that ain't inflation.

Did your property values go up as well? Mine has nearly tripled over the last decade.

Did you know that Virginia is #12 in the amount of illegals that have settled here and that the great preponderance of them are in NOtVA? Have you seen East Springfield lately?

We have always had a certain amount in The Valley due to the poultry processing/AG presence but that presence has also ballooned due to large scale warehousing operations up and down I-81 where they are employed.

I gotta say though, the areas that they took over from the blacks and created their barrios are far better off for it.....They are mostly self-policing.

Red Hinterland town/county here but $200 or $600 it is theft pure and simple.
I live in Kansas, where the billionaires pay almost nothing and the rest of us cover for them.

Yup, of course, I blame Biden.

Why isn't he deploying his famous Gestapo goons, which we hear so much about, to hit all businesses and force them to lower prices?
I know you are parroting the party line, but the fact is presidents have very little control over inflation or recession for serval reasons.. Typical a president does two things that effect inflation and recessions. First, the president recommend to congress the appointment of the Chairmen of the Federal Reserve Board and the board governors. Congress has given the Board the responsibility and tools to control inflation and recessions. Secondly, the president can recommend legislation that is likely to be inflationary. However, congress rarely gives a president the money he wants and in recent years shared party control of congress usually leads to little or no new money. 2/3 of government spending is congressional mandatory spending that has come from both parties in congress over the last 70 years..

While most of the public tends to hold the president or congress responsible for inflation, the Brookings institute, a think tank that has a centralist politics says the government is responsible for only 25% to 30% of inflation.

If the government is not the primarily cause of inflation who is? I will give you a hint. It is everyone reading this post. It is me. It is you and 330 million Americans that demand goods and service as well those abroad that buy US products. Equally important is companies that supply those goods and services in both the US and abroad. Each industry has their on special problem and costs to deal with which of course, contributes to rising and falling prices.

While most of the public tends to hold the president or congress responsible for inflation, the Brookings institute, a think tank that has a centralist politics says the government is responsible for only 25% to 30% of inflation.

What is responsible for the rest? How do they do it?

Well, here in Chicago, Chicago taxpayer funds are being spent on Joe's illegal alien hordes.
Our commie mayor is whining for federal reimbursement, I'm not sure if he'll succeed.
That is another common perception, illegal immigration is a primary driving factor in goverment spending and inflation. The total cost of illegal immigration, local, state, and federal is costly about 150 billion dollars a year. However, when you consider total government spending, federal, local, and state, approximately 10 trillion dollars a year, illegal immigration is a drop in the buck, about 1.5% of goverment spending. It also has a a very small impact on inflation because the US economy is so large, nearly 30 trillion dollars.

I don't want you to get the wrong idea that I'm in favor of illegal immigration. It is not the cost I object to. High rates of illegal immigration have a very negative impact on our culture. Some cities in the South particular near the boarder are looking more like Latin America than the US. I'm in the northwest and we are getting lots migrants now. I swear, no one works in our Safeway store deli that speaks English. I was in Central California about a month ago and stopped at a little pizza place off the Interstate and ask if their Pizza was New York style. The young lady looked at me with a quizzical expression and handed me a menu.

I'm fine with legal immigration and even some illegal immigration but not the invasion we see going on. Trump wants the House to turn down any immigration bills until he get's into office. So Biden is doing the same thing Trump did, violating federal immigration law, namely Amnesty that allows migrants to put their foot on US soil and apply for amnesty. The ACLU is starting a case now in a lower court, the same as they did when Trump did it. Biden will get shot down by the courts within a couple months, the same as Trump.

We need to change the damn law.

Last edited:
That is another common perception, illegal immigration is a primary driving factor in goverment spending and inflation. The total cost of illegal immigration, local, state, and federal is costly about 150 billion dollars a year. However, when you consider total government spending, federal, local, and state, approximately 10 trillion dollars a year, illegal immigration is a drop in the buck, about 1.5% of goverment spending. It also has a a very small impact on inflation because the US economy is so large, nearly 30 trillion dollars.

I don't want you to get the wrong idea that I'm in favor of illegal immigration. It is not the cost I object to. High rates of illegal immigration have a very negative impact on our culture. Some cities in the South particular near the boarder are looking more like Latin America than the US. I'm in the northwest and we are getting lots migrants now. I swear, no one works in our Safeway store deli that speaks English. I was in Central California about a month ago and stopped at a little pizza place off the Interstate and ask if their Pizza was New York style. The young lady looked at me with a quizzical expression and handed me a menu.

I'm fine with legal immigration and even some illegal immigration but not the invasion we see going on. Trump wants the House to turn down any immigration bills until he get's into office. So Biden is doing the same thing Trump did, violating federal immigration law, namely Amnesty that allows migrants to put their foot on US soil and apply for amnesty. The ACLU is starting a case now in a lower court, the same as they did when Trump did it. Biden will get shot down by the courts within a couple months, the same as Trump.

We need to change the damn law.

That is another common perception, illegal immigration is a primary driving factor in goverment spending and inflation.

I would never say it's a primary factor. But it's not like we have a bunch of extra money sitting around. We can't afford to pay for America's needs, why pay for millions of unskilled foreigners who'll never assimilate?

Trump wants the House to turn down any immigration bills until he get's into office.

Especially the bills that give Biden more money to rush more illegal aliens into the country.

So Biden is doing the same thing Trump did, violating federal immigration law, namely Amnesty that allows migrants to put their foot on US soil and apply for amnesty.

Yeah, we need to eliminate any last vestige of that law.
And deport 5 or 10 million illegals, to start.

What is responsible for the rest? How do they do it?
I don't understand your question. Most of our inflation is do to the business cycle and the way our economy works. Demand for goods and service by consumers in the US and exports to markets abroad coupled with supply problems in companies that supply our goods and services in the US and abroad creates inflation. When demand pressure exceeds supply, you get inflation.

I don't understand your question. Most of our inflation is do to the business cycle and the way our economy works. Demand for goods and service by consumers in the US and exports to markets abroad coupled with supply problems in companies that supply our goods and services in the US and abroad. When demand pressure exceeds supply, you get inflation.

The business cycle causes inflation?

When demand pressure exceeds supply, you get inflation.

Milton Friedman: It is always and everywhere, a monetary phenomenon. It's always and everywhere, a result of too much money, of a more rapid increase in the quantity of money than an output.

That is another common perception, illegal immigration is a primary driving factor in goverment spending and inflation.

I would never say it's a primary factor. But it's not like we have a bunch of extra money sitting around. We can't afford to pay for America's needs, why pay for millions of unskilled foreigners who'll never assimilate?

Trump wants the House to turn down any immigration bills until he get's into office.

Especially the bills that give Biden more money to rush more illegal aliens into the country.

So Biden is doing the same thing Trump did, violating federal immigration law, namely Amnesty that allows migrants to put their foot on US soil and apply for amnesty.

Yeah, we need to eliminate any last vestige of that law.
And deport 5 or 10 million illegals, to start.
2nd and 3rd generation migrants do assimilate into our culture. It typically takes as much as 20 to 40 years for 2nd and 3rd generation. When massive numbers of Latin migrants settle into an area it slows down the process. This is why we need to slow down the high rate of illegal immigration ASAP.

Biden's proposal is to spend more money on the overloaded immigration courts and streamlining the system to speed the processing and to rewrite the existing amnesty law This is a huge part of the problem. There are other part of the bill that provides fairly treatment for detainees that republicans will not support.

A migrant puts one foot on US soil and ask for amnesty. They know exactly what to say and how to answer the questions. That get's them in detention to wait for a specially trained immigration officer to investigate the case and present finding to the immigration court. Nearly half fail at this point. They can request a hearing and ask for a review which takes months. Those that pass the investigation have an average weight time of over a year for trial and average total time to resolve the case is 762 days, over 2 years. During this time almost all migrants waiting for a trial do so in very low security facilities around the country. Families may be release to a family member that is a US citizen, etc. Of course many these people walk off rather weight 2 years to find out if they can live legally in the US.

The amnesty act was passed in 1872 and there have been at least a dozen efforts in congress to repeal it. It has been blocked by republicans and democrats for various reasons. Now is the time to repeal it or make serious changes.

There is no way that 10 million illegal immigrants that have been living in the US would be deported even under Trump. It would take changes in the immigration law and congress would face a lot of opposition from many business, towns and cities. One would expect strong opposition from many million of family members that are US citizens of those facing deportation.

Migrants are just too deeply imbed in the country to get rid of them and a lot of them have become productive members of society. What Biden has proposed is the most workable solution to stop massive migration from the South. If Trump wins and gets a republican congress, he will propose legislation that includes most of Biden's bill. If there is a spit congress such we have now, nothing much will change. The two sides are too deeply divided.

Last edited:
The business cycle causes inflation?

When demand pressure exceeds supply, you get inflation.

Milton Friedman: It is always and everywhere, a monetary phenomenon. It's always and everywhere, a result of too much money, of a more rapid increase in the quantity of money than an output.
Our business cycle has always caused inflation and recessions. This occurs in all capitalistic economies. It is better because of the creation of the Federal Reserve and other changes congress has made in the 20th century. Inflation and recessions are not as bad as they were in the 19th century.

Inflation or recession grows out of imbalance in the economy that seriously effects the balance between supply and demand.

In the business cycle an overly pessimistic view of the economy by business can result in cuts in production, again creating shortages but if it becomes too pessimistic wages fall that can lead to a recession. Excesses in the stock market, interest rates, home buying market, labor market can all increase inflation or move the country into recession depending the direction and strength.

There also other factor that unbalance supply and demand such excessive government spending or cuts. Then there are wars, epidemics, trade wars, and national disasters, etc.

The goal of the Federal Reserve management of the economy is full employment and low inflation which can be difficult because there are so many factors in a free economy leading to imbalances in supply and demand.

Last edited:
2nd and 3rd generation migrants do assimilate into our culture. It typically takes as much as 20 to 40 years for 2nd and 3rd generation. When massive numbers of Latin migrants settle into an area it slows down the process. This is why we need to slow down the high rate of illegal immigration ASAP.

Biden's proposal is to spend more money on the overloaded immigration courts and streamlining the system to speed the processing and to rewrite the existing amnesty law This is a huge part of the problem. There are other part of the bill that provides fairly treatment for detainees that republicans will not support.

A migrant puts one foot on US soil and ask for amnesty. They know exactly what to say and how to answer the questions. That get's them in detention to wait for a specially trained immigration officer to investigate the case and present finding to the immigration court. Nearly half fail at this point. They can request a hearing and ask for a review which takes months. Those that pass the investigation have an average weight time of over a year for trial and average total time to resolve the case is 762 days, over 2 years. During this time almost all migrants waiting for a trial do so in very low security facilities around the country. Families may be release to a family member that is a US citizen, etc. Of course many these people walk off rather weight 2 years to find out if they can live legally in the US.

The amnesty act was passed in 1872 and there have been at least a dozen efforts in congress to repeal it. It has been blocked by republicans and democrats for various reasons. Now is the time to repeal it or make serious changes.

There is no way that 10 million illegal immigrants that have been living in the US would be deported even under Trump. It would take changes in the immigration law and congress would face a lot of opposition from many business, towns and cities. One would expect strong opposition from many million of family members that are US citizens of those facing deportation.

Migrants are just too deeply imbed in the country to get rid of them and a lot of them have become productive members of society. What Biden has proposed is the most workable solution to stop massive migration from the South. If Trump wins and gets a republican congress, he will propose legislation that includes most of Biden's bill. If there is a spit congress such we have now, nothing much will change. The two sides are too deeply divided.

Biden's proposal is to spend more money on the overloaded immigration courts and streamlining the system to speed the processing and to rewrite the existing amnesty law

Dems want to spend more money to bring more in.

A migrant puts one foot on US soil and ask for amnesty. They know exactly what to say and how to answer the questions.

They've learned how to scam the system.

There is no way that 10 million illegal immigrants that have been living in the US would be deported even under Trump.

Let's see how many we can deport. And close the door, we don't need any more right now.

Migrants are just too deeply imbed in the country to get rid of them and a lot of them have become productive members of society.

If we need more, we can vet them and allow productive ones to come, not violent jihadis who want to kill us.

What Biden has proposed is the most workable solution to stop massive migration from the South.

Biden hasn't proposed anything.

Our business cycle has always caused inflation and recessions. This occurs in all capitalistic economies. It is better because of the creation of the Federal Reserve and other changes congress has made in the 20th century. Inflation and recessions are not as bad as they were in the 19th century.

Inflation or recession grows out of imbalance in the economy that seriously effects the balance between supply and demand.

In the business cycle an overly pessimistic view of the economy by business can result in cuts in production, again creating shortages but if it becomes too pessimistic wages fall that can lead to a recession. Excesses in the stock market, interest rates, home buying market, labor market can all increase inflation or move the country into recession depending the direction and strength.

There also other factor that unbalance supply and demand such excessive government spending or cuts. Then there are wars, epidemics, trade wars, and national disasters, etc.

The goal of the Federal Reserve management of the economy is full employment and low inflation which can be difficult because there are so many factors in a free economy leading to imbalances in supply and demand.

Our business cycle has always caused inflation and recessions.

Government spending and the Fed cause inflation.

Our business cycle has always caused inflation and recessions.

Government spending and the Fed cause inflation.
Sorry but the bad old federal government spending is not and never has been the primary driver of inflation. Most of the imbalance in supply and demand occurs without any help from the goverment.

Remember back when democrats and republicans were fighting over the massive government spending for Obamacare. Republicans who weren't claiming Obamacare would bankrupt the country were telling us it would cause hyper inflation. The facts are that the yearly average inflation for the 5 years following the passage of Obamacare was only 1.43%, the second lowest 5 yr period in 50 years. Nor did we see any hyper inflation during the Trump admiration. The average inflation during the Trump administration was only slightly higher than during the Obama administration at 1.9%.

However, big increases in government spending that occurs when inflation forces within the economy are pushing prices higher will certainly make inflation worse. On average, goverment is responsible for about 30% of our inflation.

You can see the success of the Federal Reserve in moderating inflationary periods and recessions by comparing the 75 year period before the Fed was created with the following 75 years.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back