Inflation slows to 7.1% as economy cools off

My views : Don't ever trust the WH or the MSM! :)

View attachment 738311

Facts :
Gross Domestic Product (Second Estimate) and Corporate Profits (Preliminary), Third Quarter 2022

Real gross domestic product (GDP) increased at an annual rate of 2.9 percent in the third quarter of 2022, in contrast to a decrease of 0.6 percent in the second quarter. The increase in the third quarter primarily reflected increases in exports and consumer spending that were partly offset by a decrease in housing investment.

Profits decreased 1.1 percent at a quarterly rate in the third quarter after increasing 4.6 percent in the
second quarter.

Source:
U.S. Economy at a Glance | U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) – U.S. Economy at a Glance | U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)
So we are NOT in a recession. Thanks for posting.

That is the problem with runaway inflation. To fix it you have to have high interest rates and a recession economy. Americans get fucked.

Of course the stupid Democrats won't stop all the inflationary spending so we have both recession and inflation.

By the way, 7.1% inflation is absolutely terrible. better than 10% but still very bad.
I realize Trumpsters are economically illiterate and ideologically sheltered, but the last GDP reading was +2.9%.

With Trump, it was at +2.1% when the virus hit.

And this is WITHOUT the trillions of Fed stimulus Trump received. And he BEGGED FOR MORE.

Fake news, right?

:laugh:

So you are one of the repub, Poootin lovers that is hoping that the United States fails. Yeah, you are one of the problems with this country.

I liked you so much better when you just called us "Nazis."

They had far spiffier uniforms than those Russians.

Hannity and Tucker must be saying we're in a recession.
Yeah, that is the only station MAGA watches. You can tell from the shallow and simple responses.

I suggest they find another far right station to watch. The Australian hates trumpism and is fighting for his business life in court after promoting Dominion voting machine lies.

I realize Trumpsters are economically illiterate and ideologically sheltered, but the last GDP reading was +2.9%.

With Trump, it was at +2.1% when the virus hit.

And this is WITHOUT the trillions of Fed stimulus Trump received. And he BEGGED FOR MORE.

Fake news, right?

:laugh:
I love it when you stupid uneducated Moon Bats try to do your spin on a failed Presidency. It just shows what dickheads you are.

I'll educate you in a way even a stupid Libtard can understand.

When Trump was President inflation was low.

When Potatohead stole the election inflation was high.

Understand now Moon Bat?

The Biden administration and the Fed are doing their job. Good times ahead!
The Brandon Administration can get no honest credit for any slowing or lowering of inflation. They are, in fact, a main reason FOR inflation.

To the extent that credit for the slowing or lowering of our still high level of inflation can be given, look to the Fed and their overtly upward tweaking of interest rates.

Meanwhile, it is very likely that even with a slight GOP House majority, the Brandon Administration will continue its pattern of reckless spending premised on more massive deficit spending.

I love it when you stupid uneducated Moon Bats try to do your spin on a failed Presidency. It just shows what dickheads you are.
I'll educate you in a way even a stupid Libtard can understand.
When Trump was President inflation was low.
When Potatohead stole the election inflation was high.
Understand now Moon Bat?
Aw, triggered.

Speaking of educated, let's compare knowledge bases on economics and markets.

I'm a 22+ year financial advisor/CFP/63/65, CLU/ChFC. I've lived this stuff for over two decades, and I have to take it seriously.

How about you? What is your knowledge base, training and professional experience on this?

Besides Tucker and Hannity?

Yeah, that is the only station MAGA watches. You can tell from the shallow and simple responses.

I suggest they find another far right station to watch. The Australian hates trumpism and is fighting for his business life in court after promoting Dominion voting machine lies.
Yes, jimboliar....expert on all things financial where 7% inflation is a good thing. Hahahahahaha

Never said we were.....now.
Okay, so we are out of a recession, so be it a tiny one, and are heading for a solid economic recovery. AND THAT IS BAD?

Is that what FOX news is preaching these days. Has Rupert finished testifying in the 1 Billion Dollar plus lawsuit? Hope he has good insurance to cover the damages.

Forum List

Back