Infrastucture

DarkFury

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2015
Matthew ya I am talking to you and one of your favorite subjects. You fail to understand how it comes about and that failing in thinking is a great flaw. Now this is NOT a flame but merely trying to explain to someone born AFTER all the major infrastructure had been built.

Infrastructure does NOT come from merely raising taxes and as a matter of fact that is a very quick way to fail. Infrastructure comes from money raised by production. A lot of us have either lived next to or worked someplace where a simple dirt road was Infrastructure.

Paved roads seldom if ever led the way, companies did. Even big companies like "Ma Bell" had offices out in the middle of no where with giant dirt parking lots. As they grew larger and hired more people the increase in the tax base brought concrete roads. Major cities at the time were paved in brick, that improvement was able to be done because American's production increased.

What you are building on now is UN-secured debt. And you double at least its insecurity when you regulate/mandate and tax it out of production. And you have another problem you have trained the buyer to think cheap NOT quality. Durable goods are no longer durable, they are cheap and have the life span of a cheap item.

I used to have a 1953 International Harvester fridge in my shop. My buddy had a General Motors fridge from that same era. Durable goods is not just a name, it WAS an American standard.

I guess what I am trying to tell you Mutt is government NEVER brought you Infrastructure, Companies and working people did.

Fury

As long as the company pays tax.
They all pay state and local taxes but more importantly they hire people that pay taxes.
Property and state taxes pay for local and state roads. In Massachusetts the roads suck however especially around Boston. Cars don't last longer than 100,000 miles due to all the wear and tear from the weather, snowstorms, salt used on roads

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

They all pay state and local taxes but more importantly they hire people that pay taxes.
Property and state taxes pay for local and state roads. In Massachusetts the roads suck however especially around Boston. Cars don't last longer than 100,000 miles due to all the wear and tear from the weather, snowstorms, salt used on roads

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
That road salt has left a lot of bridges and overpasses in a bad way.

Property and state taxes pay for local and state roads. In Massachusetts the roads suck however especially around Boston. Cars don't last longer than 100,000 miles due to all the wear and tear from the weather, snowstorms, salt used on roads.
It's all a matter of priorities. Generous salaries and pensions may be more important to government officials than your cars.

I say we spend 5 trillion dollars repairing and building infrastructure! It would of been a much better use of that money instead of war.

I see. The companies got together and created the Interstate Highway System, right? You stupid 'Conservatives' are so funny in your constant attempts to rewrite history. The companies got together and funded the Trans-continental Railroad, right? They got together and funded the great dams on the Columbia, that created the electricity that smelted the aluminum that our airplanes were made of in WW2, right. LOL

DarknFurry, you are a hoot!

Matthew ya I am talking to you and one of your favorite subjects. You fail to understand how it comes about and that failing in thinking is a great flaw. Now this is NOT a flame but merely trying to explain to someone born AFTER all the major infrastructure had been built.

Infrastructure does NOT come from merely raising taxes and as a matter of fact that is a very quick way to fail. Infrastructure comes from money raised by production. A lot of us have either lived next to or worked someplace where a simple dirt road was Infrastructure.

Paved roads seldom if ever led the way, companies did. Even big companies like "Ma Bell" had offices out in the middle of no where with giant dirt parking lots. As they grew larger and hired more people the increase in the tax base brought concrete roads. Major cities at the time were paved in brick, that improvement was able to be done because American's production increased.

What you are building on now is UN-secured debt. And you double at least its insecurity when you regulate/mandate and tax it out of production. And you have another problem you have trained the buyer to think cheap NOT quality. Durable goods are no longer durable, they are cheap and have the life span of a cheap item.

I used to have a 1953 International Harvester fridge in my shop. My buddy had a General Motors fridge from that same era. Durable goods is not just a name, it WAS an American standard.

I guess what I am trying to tell you Mutt is government NEVER brought you Infrastructure, Companies and working people did.

Fury

You could not be more wrong if you'd set out to be wrong.

Forum List

Back