Innocent Ohio black man to get $1 million for spending 39 years in jail

25 grand times 39 years is $975,000, so he is actually getting more until the IRS does their "magic". I wonder how much the man will be left with then.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. Good luck to him on getting his life going again! :) :) :)

It seems wrongful imprisonment is worth about 25k a year. Ironically it costs more than that to keep somebody imprisoned.

Innocent Ohio black man to get $1 million for spending 39 years in jail

An African American man who spent nearly 40 years behind bars in the US state of Ohio for a murder he did not commit will receive $1 million from the state for his wrongful imprisonment.

As a strong supporter of keeping violent criminals locked up a long time, I also feel that if we screw up and destroy someone's life when they are innocent of a crime a few basic things should happen

---they should get at least 1 million dollars a year for each year served...tax free....

-- free comprehensive medical care for the rest of their lives....

-- if they choose to work....they get put at the top of the list for any government job they want...

--free college tuition for themselves, their wives and their children...

--a free home...up to 300,000 dollars equivalent in whatever state they choose to live in.

And there could be more, but it will never make up for the time lost for their incarceration........

I could use $1 million. Perhaps I should frame myself for murder, and then prove myself innocent when I reach retirement age.

It is strange indeed that a witness has so much power instead of the state proving the case. Maybe that "witness" made a deal to get a cut of the cash.

Forum List

Back