Interesting factoid about EC winners who lost the popular vote....

If you don't like the law, then change the law, pretty damn simple,
Thank you captain obvious. First, you have to lay out the case.

Being obvious? Go lay it out for us, you all started crying in 2000 and 18 years later you are still crying about it, lay out your fucking case already, quit bitchin and actually do something. All you need from the House is 2/3rds majority, 2/3rds Senate majority and 3/4 of the states to ratify the amendment. Now quit playing the sad whiney victim and actually do something or do you need another 18 years?

How's about you fuckheads heralding Citizen United

Is THAT government staying out by labeling a corporation the same as a "person"???
Nowhere does Citizens United call a corporation a person. That's a hoax. Stop parroting it.

The laws of a nation affect corporations, so they should have a voice in the political process.

this is the commentary you get from people that dont understand our system,,,

POTUS is elected by the states not the people

dont like it then move to russia or another of those democracy countrys
They refuse to understand this basic part of our REPUBLIC. They want to believe we are a democracy.

Go lay it out for us, you all started crying in 2000
You mean, the first election in any of our lifetimes where the candidate lost the popular vote, yet won the election? Gee , HOW WEIRD. :rolleyes:

And your mind reading of my thoughts 18 years ago aside, I think the 2016 election was wapecially problematic, in that the EC not only failed in its intent, it actually caused the very thing it was designed to prevent.

The laws of a nation affect corporations, so they should have a voice in the political process.

Ohhh, they DO have a voice.......and a much louder one than any single voter.....Check out what they can bribe congress to do for them.....

If you don't like the law, then change the law, pretty damn simple
Working on it :thup:

National Popular Vote

Funny how commies come up with unconstitutional schemes to try to nullify the Constitution and gain permanent power.

An institution created to accommodate for slavery has no place in the 21st century

You're just not very smart are ya. Amendments have remedied that. And you would need another one to do what you want, some distant State legislature doesn't have the authority to nullify future votes in their State. See Article 5.

They refuse to understand this basic part of our REPUBLIC. They want to believe we are a democracy.

Hey moron........Check out what the "R" in USSR stood for......

....then find a grown up to help you define the various forms of "republics".....LOL

Without looking, can you name the President who lost both the popular vote and the EC?
Nixon, first go. And every incumbent who lost second term Now take a shower.
Wrong. Not even close.

I've never met a pseudocon who knows American history.
They were presidents who lost the EC and popular vote. You're not very bright, are you?
Nixon won both the EC and the popular vote in both elections, retard.

There is one President who lost both the EC and the popular vote at the same time. You're not even close, retard.

You're forgetting two elections: 1860 and 1912.

Lincoln only got 39.9% of the popular vote but won anyway because the conservative/compromise vote was split between three candidates (Douglas, Breckenridge, and Bell). In 1912, Wilson only got 41.8% of the popular vote but won anyway because the Republican vote was split between Teddy Roosevelt and William Howard Taft. Roosevelt had been a Republican and had won the presidency as a Republican, but at the behest of big banking interests, he formed a third party to keep Taft from winning reelection.

You're either not understanding what the OP is about or you're just lying.

The OP was about 4 republicans who won the EC but lost the popular vote.

In the 1860 election Lincoln won both the popular vote and the EC vote.

In 1912 Wilson won both the popular vote and the EC vote.

So, you either need to go back to read that OP to understand what it's about or stop lying.

You mean, the first election in any of our lifetimes where the candidate lost the popular vote, yet won the election? Gee , HOW WEIRD. :rolleyes:

And your mind reading of my thoughts 18 years ago aside, I think the 2016 election was wapecially problematic, in that the EC not only failed in its intent, it actually caused the very thing it was designed to prevent.

Only in your mind, only in your mind. Take all the time you want in trying to change the process, you can take 100 years, I really don't care. I find all your crying just plain funny, you love being the poor victim. LOL!

In the 1824 election, Andrew Jackson won the most votes, and the most electoral college votes.

And yet he lost the election.

John Quincy Adams had less votes, and less EC votes, and he won.

The election was decided in the House of Representatives.

This result pissed off Jackson so much, he formed a new party. The Democratic Party.

In the 1828 rematch, Jackson kicked ass.

The 1828 election was probably the ugliest election in American history. It got so ugly, it killed Jackson's wife.

Without looking, can you name the President who lost both the popular vote and the EC?
Wrong. Not even close.

They were presidents who lost the EC and popular vote. You're not very bright, are you?

There is one President who lost both the EC and the popular vote at the same time. You're not even close, retard.
Nixon ran for president three times. First time he lost the popular vote and EC. You know even less about politics than hygene.

Only in your mind, only in your mind. Take all the time you want in trying to change the process, you can take 100 years, I really don't care. I find all your crying just plain funny, you love being the poor victim. LOL!
Yet your posts in this topic are clearly more whiny and juvenile than mine.
I'm not sure I do want to change the process. But that doesn't mean I can't point out when it has failed. And it failed bigly in 2016.

Ohhh, they DO have a voice.......and a much louder one than any single voter.....Check out what they can bribe congress to do for them.....
Unions have a much louder voice than any single voter, too.

So does Greenpeace. And the NRA. And the Dairy Farmers of America.

Freedom of association is one of the things which make this country great.

If you want your voice amplified, join one.

Now the crazy left is whining about Benjamin Harrison and Rutherford Hayes? Somebody needs to establish PTSD clinics for the angry incoherent left. It should be noted that A couple of modern presidents won without the majority of the popular vote namely JFK, Dick Nixon and Bill Clinton twice.

Wrong. Not even close.

Nixon ran for president three times. First time he lost the popular vote and EC. You know even less about politics than hygene.
He didn't win in 1960, did he, dumbass.

Only one President scored less votes and less EC and still won.

Yet your posts in this topic are clearly more whiny and juvenile than mine.
I'm not sure I do want to change the process. But that doesn't mean I can't point out when it has failed. And it failed bigly in 2016.
how did it fail in 2016???

Forum List

Back