Iowa Passes Six Weeks Abortion Ban

She’s not forced to give birth against her will. She gets six weeks to murder her would-be child. If that’s not long enough, she can take a bus to the next state.
What about equality under the law. You chose to have children, yet she cannot chose not to . So much for freedom and equality under the law.

It still happens and there are many reasons NOT to have a child, as opposed to only 1 reason to have one. But all you people see is someone to blame.

Sure, it can happen, it would just be exceedingly rare and this law would cover those exceedingly rare occasions. Not sure why you have an issue with it.

Yeah that's a great idea. Im sure it wont over burden police depts and keep them from investigating actual rape cases and locking up the perpetrators.

People having sex could conversely could just do it responsibly. If a woman is using birth control the man is using a condom and they don't have sex during the 6 days she's actual able to get pregnant the chances of having an unplanned pregnancy drop to essentially zero. I know is nutso to expect anyone to exercise any amount of self control and responsibility these days, but...

The pill is 99.7% effective if used properly.

Condoms are 98% effective if used properly.

Add in the timing aspect and if you get pregnant it would border on being a miracle.
Now consider the odds if the woman uses the pill and the man uses a condom - double protection. The odds are virtually nil. Then, for even extra protection, refrain from sex during the few days the woman can pregnant - and zero chance.

Also, I know it’s not realistic, but 16-year-olds should not be having sex anyway. Too immature to handle the responsibility.

What about equality under the law. You chose to have children, yet she cannot chose not to . So much for freedom and equality under the law.
You CAN choose not to. It's not a mystery how women end up pregnant and there are a myriad of ways to prevent it or deal with it if it does happen, including getting an abortion up to 6 weeks after conception.

Sure she can choose not to. She can have an abortion within six weeks, or if she hems and haws about whether to murder her child, her boyfriend can drive her over the state line.

You CAN choose not to. It's not a mystery how women end up pregnant and there are a myriad of ways to prevent it or deal with it if it does happen, including getting an abortion up to 6 weeks after conception.
I’m just curious. Are you a man or a woman?

It still happens and there are many reasons NOT to have a child, as opposed to only 1 reason to have one. But all you people see is someone to blame.
It would happen once in a thousand times, if that. In that case, she has six weeks to kill the baby.

It would happen once in a thousand times, if that. In that case, she has six weeks to kill the baby.
It would be less than that actually. It would be something like a .0015% chance of both forms of birth control failing simultaneously. (my math could be wrong)

What is that 1 in a million chance of getting pregnant using both the pill and condoms. That doesnt even take into account the timing of when you're having sex as an additional precaution.

OK, thanks. Now what I wonder is why you know that there is a couple of days on either side of ovulation in which a woman can get pregnant, and all these liberal men don’t know about it.

It's basic biology. If you and your wife want to control when you have kids and also dont want to kill your unborn children you know these things. 🤷‍♂️

It would be less than that actually. It would be something like a .0015% chance of both forms of birth control failing simultaneously. (my math could be wrong)

What is that 1 in a million chance of getting pregnant using both the pill and condoms. That doesnt even take into account the timing of when you're having sex as an additional precaution.
Yeah, I’m not good at math. I DO know that if you take one method with a 99.5% success rate and combine it with another method that has a 99.5% success rate, the total success rate is more than 99.75%. It increases exponentially.

It's basic biology. If you and your wife want to control when you have kids and also dont want to kill your unborn children you know these things. 🤷‍♂️
One would think. But these other guys on this thread don’t seem to know.

So I will ask: Liberal men, do you know that a woman can get pregnant ONLY on the day of ovulation, and for a couple of days after that (and maybe a day before)?

I can’t believe how naive people are, engaging in sex without knowing basic biology, and then crying they want to murder their unborn children when the woman gets pregnant.

Sure, it can happen, it would just be exceedingly rare and this law would cover those exceedingly rare occasions. Not sure why you have an issue with it.
This law is punitive and intrusive, totally unconstitutional unless you live in a fascist state with a repressive government. That's what fascist states are all about controlling the people for it's benefit not the people's.

This law is punitive and intrusive, totally unconstitutional unless you live in a fascist state with a repressive government. That's what fascist states are all about controlling the people for it's benefit not the people's.
How is it punitive?

Which specific part of the Constitution does it violate?

It’s about not killing innocent life.

How is it punitive?

Which specific part of the Constitution does it violate?

It’s about not killing innocent life.
Don't be ridiculous. Gun rights people believe they have something to whine about when anyone suggests any type of restrictions on their guns. Imagine how they'd feel if someone tried to tell them what they could or couldn't do with their
bodies. They'd burn down the government quicker than you could say, just do it.

Don't be ridiculous. Gun rights people believe they have something to whine about when anyone suggests any type of restrictions on their guns. Imagine how they'd feel if someone tried to tell them what they could or couldn't do with their
bodies. They'd burn down the government quicker than you could say, just do it.
Because it violates a specific portion of the Constitution. Post the provision this law violates. We both know why you're attempting to change the subject.

Yup. Roe was the compromise. But the great American Jesus sow couldn't leave well enough alone and women are paying the price.

1. It's not the job of the SCOTUS to strike the compromise.

2. Roe wasnt a compromise.

Forum List

Back