IQ test

Surprise surprise no one wants to admit their potential IQ. Thanks to those that took it.

I was confident with the jumbled words. Some of "fill in the blank in this sequence" were just bizarre to me.

I was confident with the jumbled words. Some of "fill in the blank in this sequence" were just bizarre to me.

Not very good with them. It IS easier if they do not do me a favor and make real words out of the Jumble LOL.

sor3bk.jpg

Free IQ Test - Fast, Free and Accurate Online IQ Test

take the test. I got 131 which is inline with all the long winded official tests I ever took.

I took the test the night this was posted and my score was in 3 digits. I researched IQ tests and found many different interpretations, but liked this one the best:

SNIP:

IQ tests often challenge people in very different ways, and this can make them produce different results. For example, some tests are timed while others aren't, and someone who scores very high on a test without a time limit might do somewhat worse on the timed test. There are also IQ tests with slightly different focuses; some may focus more on abstract thinking, for example, while others may test mathematical calculation abilities more rigorously. Someone who has a learning disability with math might do very well on every other aspect of an IQ test, and will generally measure much higher on tests with less of a math focus.

Studies have suggested that a person's IQ can be a pretty good predictor for success in life, but it is not generally considered the best indicator. Some tests have been developed that measure a person's aptitude for self-discipline, and these have generally shown this trait may be much more important. Most of the studies on this have been performed on school children, so there is some uncertainty about how well it translates to adult life. There is also some question about whether or not IQ tests fully measure all the important thinking abilities, and some think they fail to capture many important factors of intelligence, such as imagination.

What Is Considered a High IQ?

Free IQ Test - Fast, Free and Accurate Online IQ Test

take the test. I got 131 which is inline with all the long winded official tests I ever took.

I took the test the night this was posted and my score was in 3 digits. I researched IQ tests and found many different interpretations, but liked this one the best:

SNIP:

IQ tests often challenge people in very different ways, and this can make them produce different results. For example, some tests are timed while others aren't, and someone who scores very high on a test without a time limit might do somewhat worse on the timed test. There are also IQ tests with slightly different focuses; some may focus more on abstract thinking, for example, while others may test mathematical calculation abilities more rigorously. Someone who has a learning disability with math might do very well on every other aspect of an IQ test, and will generally measure much higher on tests with less of a math focus.

Studies have suggested that a person's IQ can be a pretty good predictor for success in life, but it is not generally considered the best indicator. Some tests have been developed that measure a person's aptitude for self-discipline, and these have generally shown this trait may be much more important. Most of the studies on this have been performed on school children, so there is some uncertainty about how well it translates to adult life. There is also some question about whether or not IQ tests fully measure all the important thinking abilities, and some think they fail to capture many important factors of intelligence, such as imagination.

What Is Considered a High IQ?

Snapshot Report
Ability/Willingness to Alter Behavior

When it comes to social situations, you usually adjust your behavior to fit the circumstances. This means that you are generally not the type to act on impulse, regardless of where you are or whom you're with. You normally step back to consider the social consequences of your behavior before acting. This is a very healthy and socially appropriate way to behave.

People who are unwilling to self-monitor and adjust their behavior accordingly are often aggressive, uncompromising, and insistent with others. This may make them more prone to condemnation, rejection, and the possible consequent feelings of anger, anxiety, guilt, low self-concept, isolation, and depression. Even the occasional indiscretion can make social situations very awkward, and could result in the loss of a friend, co-worker, client, or even job. Those who are willing to adjust their behavior will often find that others are more receptive, pleasant, and benevolent towards them.

Self-Control & Self-Monitoring Test

Being uncomfortable in groups and not wanting to seem that way plus 16 years in the Marine Corps coupled with my need to control my depression all play in this.

What would be interesting is everyone's EQ, or Emotional Quotient. That would measure how mature you are, able you are to handle yourself in stressful conditions, exhibiting empathy, the ability to make appropriate decisions in a variety of circumstances.

I am teaching my grandchildren about that right now. It is amusing how they may pick out a variety of situations and claim that they or one of their siblings is demonstrating a low or high EQ.

Last edited:
Well Gunny, I came to this because you referred to it in a new post.

I remember, when I enlisted in the Army, they gave me a battery of tests and although it's been more than 33 years since I last paid attention to my Form-2, I think my IQ was listed at 128 [or more].

So, being unsure, I took your test and this time came out with 126 - knowing full-well I've never been any good at selection from strings of numbers.

Now, if I can just find the thread that sent me here. :eusa_whistle:

Thanks.

Forum List

Back